Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

Blue Friday #backingtheblues

It's  all down to the Merc and Radio Leicester. 

Sky sports new have just said they'll  be in Leicester  all day reporting on events including the PL trophy tour.

Let's  hope  Claudio  and the players aren't  watching and thinking we've  already won it like Appleton and the '63 cup final team.

Why would this make you so angry?

Probably because it's  being presented as if we've  already won the league rather than as a show of support and geeing the team on.

I like that everyone is getting behind the club, but touring a trophy we haven't actually won is tempting fate for me. The beauty of the club this year is that no one has got carried away, which has gone right out the window in the last week or so

At this rate there will be nothing left to do if we do win it!

In fairness I find it a bit cringeworthy. Seeing accountants posting pictures with their pot bellies covered with their blue ties. They all get excited as its something "different" to do.

Then you see all these people in their very old shirts, because they haven't bought one for years and had to dig it out.

On top of that we aren't the blues. Like we are not the City. We are the foxes.

So yep, I agree, it's all a bit pathetic and false to me and I find it a little sad how people get all excited about putting a blue jumper on.

Admit it is a little cringe worthy but at the same time one for the kiddies and non football fans to feel an affinity for their local football club.

Not going to let it bother me and I doubt the players will be bothered either.

Their hunger and desire to get this done over the next three games will not let them falter now, it might fire up the Spurs players but they looked pretty broken after that WBA game and will be missing Alli too.

The tour thing I find ridiculous. They could wait another week or so.

The blue thing, I like. It is an easy, harmless way to show affinity to the club and bring the city together. In Baltimore, every Friday was purple Friday. Which was way too much.

What the hell is this PL Trophy tour about? We haven't won the bloody thing yet. Talk about tempting fate

You realise it's not the club organising it right?

Archived