Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We haven't won anything yet.

Sorry to be a sourness but I've been here before.

Just two examples of how things can and do go wrong.

It's fine being optimistic and enjoying the occasion I know as well as anyone the chance may not happen again in your life times but lets not talk as if we're already champions

The 1962–63 season was Leicester City's 58th season in the Football League and their 20th (non-consecutive) season in the first tier of English football. Under the management of Matt Gillies and starring players such as Gordon BanksFrank McLintock and Dave Gibson, Leicester sensationally chased the double. Eventually falling short after losing 3-1 to Manchester United in the FA Cup Final and after gaining just one win from their final nine league games their title challenge collapsed and the Foxes eventually finished in a disappointing 4th position. The side from the 1962-63 season is often regarded as the finest side in Leicester City's post-war history

ssc_hidingsofa.gif

My football life will be complete if we do win it.

I've not a problem the backing the blues campaign that's absolutely fine, but that premier league trophy should not be going around the city, it's not ours yet...I do think it will be yes, but radio Leicester and Leicester Mercury could well be really tempting fate today...I hope I'm wrong.

Most people getting carried away with it are the ones who don't really care and have just jumped on bandwagon. Most of the 'loyal' supporters are still sitting with their arses firmly clenched.

I like the idea of the back the blues, but its going a bit too far. Almost being treated like the lead up to a cup final.

As somebody who lives in NW London, probably (long) walking distance from Wembley, I'm pretty obsessed with seeing us at the new stadium.

Since I've lived there we've been 1 game away 3 times - Cardiff play-off, Watford play-off and the FA Cup QF at Stamford Bridge. On 2 of those occasions we've fallen agonisingly short.

Right now we've got as good a chance of getting to Wembley (in the Community Shield) as we did when Knockaert stood over the ball on the penalty spot at Vicarage Road. Let's hope that it's 4th time lucky...

It really is bizarre. 

3 points away from the title and The Mercury and RL decide to heap pressure on the players by parading the trophy around? Really strange. 

Like I said in the previous thread, can they not wait a week or two?

Totally agree. Although the trophy is touring with Barclay's around the country and it just coincidence that it's in Leicester now.

Most of us have seen Leicester fall at the final hurdle too many times to believe we've won it until the points are in the bag. Even then I probably won't.

Spurs will come out guns blazing against Chelsea, I'm sure. I fancy us to draw and them to get 3 points to prolong the agony.

I would be worried that we're 'getting carried away', but I know for sure that the staff and the players will be taking nothing for granted yet.

We do only need one win from our three remaining games or three draws. We WILL win the league.

Stupid post,

If Tottenham beat Chelsea and we don't beat Everton then it's anybodies title if that happens.

We're in a great position but it doesn't take a remarkable sequence of events to lose it from here.

Archived