Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We haven't won anything yet.

It really is bizarre.

3 points away from the title and The Mercury and RL decide to heap pressure on the players by parading the trophy around? Really strange.

Like I said in the previous thread, can they not wait a week or two?

I totally agree mate, the team are trying to keep their feet on the ground, and the media are trying to mess that up!

I bet they couldn't get the trophy at any other time, it still doesn't help the situation in my opinion.

I tell you what, i'm glad the Leicester City players have got bigger balls that some of you lot.

What the hell has it got to do with balls, we're all quietly confident we can do it. But people acting like we have is just plain stupid.

Stupid post,

If Tottenham beat Chelsea and we don't beat Everton then it's anybodies title if that happens.

We're in a great position but it doesn't take a remarkable sequence of events to lose it from here.

I'm being very cautious but what you've missed from the above is that we could beat Manchester United on Sunday which would render your hypothetical irrelevant. What you're saying is that it's anybody's title if the next 3 results go Spurs' way. And of course the 3 after that.

It does take a fairly remarkable sequence of events to lose it from here - any model you look at has us at between 90-95% to win the title.

We've had 33 3 game sequences this season and only taken fewer than 3 points once and Spurs need all six results to go their way. They've closed the gap on us once in about 10 weeks and need to do it 3 times in a row.

It's not in the bag and I can't believe Barclays and Radio Leicester are parading the trophy around the City today but I don't think it's fair to call people's posts "stupid" because you're being Debbie Downer.

What the hell has it got to do with balls, we're all quietly confident we can do it. But people acting like we have is just plain stupid.

I'd be amazed if the players are thinking "Oh no what if we lose on Sunday and then don't beat Everton".

Absolutely no need to be worried.

Agree with all this. Football has the habit of kicking you in the balls. The job is not done yet. In Claudio and the lads we trust. Zlowly zlowly.

I'd be amazed if the players are thinking "Oh no what if we lose tomorrow and then don't beat Everton".

Absolutely no need to be worried.

Im not worried, I just don't believe in thinking you've won something when you haven't.

Agreed. It's only in the bag when it's in the bag. It ain't in the bag.

However I believe it may soon be stuffed into the bag on our behalf.

It's in the bag. Admittedly, the bag has not yet been sewn up.

Worst case scenario is that we are top on the final day of the season by one point.

If Chelsea beat us to give Spurs the title, their fans will probably coin their own players!

I'm being very cautious but what you've missed from the above is that we could beat Manchester United on Sunday which would render your hypothetical irrelevant. What you're saying is that it's anybody's title if the next 3 results go Spurs' way. And of course the 3 after that.

It does take a fairly remarkable sequence of events to lose it from here - any model you look at has us at between 90-95% to win the title.

We've had 33 3 game sequences this season and only taken fewer than 3 points once and Spurs need all six results to go their way. They've closed the gap on us once in about 10 weeks and need to do it 3 times in a row.

It's not in the bag and I can't believe Barclays and Radio Leicester are parading the trophy around the City today but I don't think it's fair to call people's posts "stupid" because you're being Debbie Downer.

I'm not discounting Man Utd but as you mentioned the word hypothetical lets assume that we get beat by Everton and Spurs beat Chelsea.

Then we have a 4pt lead with theses fixtures coming up.

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

and Tottenham have:

Southampton (h)

Newcastle (a)

Will people still be saying grow some balls and we'll definitely win it from here?

Anyone who doesn't think there is still a significant job to do is an utter moron. Yes, I believe we will probably win it from here but if we don't get a favourable result in the Everton match and Spurs beat Chelsea then it's game on again for Spurs.

Oh and 95% chances not happening isn't a "remarkable" sequence of events, they happen dozens of time per day on Betfair.

Im not worried, I just don't believe in thinking you've won something when you haven't.

We can celebrate what we choose. I don't get all of the arse clenching. We all know it'll be a monumental **** up if we don't win it but why spend our time worrying? I just don't get it.

Do you get nervous when City fans sing "We're gonna win the League"?

It'll be a carnival atmosphere on Sunday and rightly so.

Totally agree. Although the trophy is touring with Barclay's around the country and it just coincidence that it's in Leicester now.

Most of us have seen Leicester fall at the final hurdle too many times to believe we've won it until the points are in the bag. Even then I probably won't.

Really?

From the Mercury website:

The trophy is being paraded around the city as part of the Backing the Blues campaign, being run by the Leicester Mercury and BBC Radio Leicester.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Barclays-Premier-League-trophy-set-tour-Leicester/story-29180594-detail/story.html#ixzz47DAMQzOW 

Sport is littered with example of prospective winners taking their foot off the pedal in the subconscious belief that they've already won something.

I have an everlasting image of the 1963 Leicester City captain Appleton standing on the presentation balcony at Wembley holding up the FA Cup days before the game.

We were everyone's favourite to win the Cup for the first time we'd been in the final just 3 years before, we had every right to be confident having just drawn away and beaten Man U at home just the month before and we'd been in the top 4 all season whilst Man U had been fighting relegation.

But that egg on the face picture still haunts me.

I'm not discounting Man Utd but as you mentioned the word hypothetical lets assume that we get beat by Everton and Spurs beat Chelsea.

Then we have a 4pt lead with theses fixtures coming up.

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

and Tottenham have:

Southampton (h)

Newcastle (a)

Will people still be saying grow some balls and we'll definitely win it from here?

Anyone who doesn't think there is still a significant job to do is an utter moron. Yes, I believe we will probably win it from here but if we don't get a favourable result in the Everton match and Spurs beat Chelsea then it's game on again for Spurs.

Yeah lets assume we'll lose our easiest game and Spurs will win their toughest.

We could lose all of our games 15-0 but if Spurs don't do what they've not done in 20+ years on Monday then we'll be Champions.

You seem to think that it's inevitable that Spurs will beat Chelsea yet think that we'll fail to beat an utterly abysmal Everton side with nothing to play for.

I saw a tattoo going round facebook this morning that had a Leicester badge and "Leicester City Premier League Champions" round the badge lol

It's not over until it's certain they can't catch us.  While it isn't certain, it is a little foolish to be harping on about it as if we have won it.  There is still time for us to be screwed over.

Although imo, the most likely outcome of this weekends games will be two draws, effectively making our Everton game at home a celebration party occasion.

As much as I'm getting tired of those who seem to think have it in the bag, I'm fine with the PL trophy being in Leicester you just wouldn't catch me being photographed next to it. I'm also getting weary of the "We haven't won anything yet" brigade.

We need a maximum of three points to be won or lost by Spurs and effectively have six rolls of the dice.

If a team that has lost three games all season containing the PFA Player of the Year, two other nominees for player of the year, four members of the PFA PL Team of the year, a number of experienced internationals all led by the best tactician of a manager I have ever seen cannot get us over the line from here, then we don't deserve it.

End of.

Yeah lets assume we'll lose our easiest game and Spurs will win their toughest.

We could lose all of our games 15-0 but if Spurs don't do what they've not done in 20+ years on Monday then we'll be Champions.

You seem to think that it's inevitable that Spurs will beat Chelsea yet think that we'll fail to beat an utterly abysmal Everton side with nothing to play for.

I don't think it's inevitable at all, I actually think we won't beat Man Utd and Spurs won't beat Chelsea.

I was actually called "deluded" on here yesterday for suggesting I don't think Chelsea will lie down for us if we need something on the last day of the season.

I can quite easily see us getting 2pts from our last three games, it doesn't take a huge leap of faith to think that could happen. If that's all we get then we will be relying on Tottenham to mess up for us.

People talk about the Everton game as if we're playing Forest Green or something but they're a team with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, etc. That's well over £100m in players just there. If we don't beat them then there's every chance we don't get 3pts for the remainder of the season.

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Leicester vs Everton

These two games are absolutely huge games and will define our season. Anyone who thinks this is a virtual formality says it through ignorance not confidence.

One way to look at it - in the last few weeks confidence has gone back and forth between spurs and city depending on the weekend results, Tottenham did Stoke over, we get a bit nervous against West Ham, then we smashed Swansea without Vardy and Tottenham had the pressure back on them and fluffed a chance against WBA. Come Tuesday we could be in the tricky position of having lost to Manchester United and Tottenham having beaten Chelsea - then it's FAR from over and i bet everyone will be feeling the pressure then. We are all starting to talk about the Chelsea game like it's a certainty they will win, let's not start doing what Spurs fans were and start assuming anything. Good topic, needed to be mentioned without a doubt, while everyone thinks we are there - let's not take this for granted

100% agree with this, can't forget the last 7 games in '63, would rather posts were "if" and not "when" at this stage, I'm already screwed up inside by my own superstitions, and don't want it making any worse.

As much as I'm getting tired of those who seem to think have it in the bag, I'm fine with the PL trophy being in Leicester you just wouldn't catch me being photographed next to it. I'm also getting weary of the "We haven't won anything yet" brigade.

We need a maximum of three points to be won or lost by Spurs and effectively have six rolls of the dice.

If a team that has lost three games all season containing the PFA Player of the Year, two other nominees for player of the year, four members of the PFA PL Team of the year, a number of experienced internationals all led by the best tactician of a manager I have ever seen cannot get us over the line from here, then we don't deserve it.

End of.

This.

One thing I will say about being accused as an over the top pessimist is I always believed we could stay up last season, I never once wrote us off as I'm a firm believer in where there is life there is hope.

If Tottenham & Leicester roles were reversed I would still believe Leicester could win it.

I would be thinking we have to win our last three games against Chelsea, Southampton & Newcastle and then hope Tottenham didn't beat Everton. If that happened I'd have a lot of faith that Tottenham couldn't get two or three points away at Man Utd & Chelsea. 

By the way some go on here if they see someone roll a dice when they need a six and they get it, then it must be a miracle.

I tell you what, i'm glad the Leicester City players have got bigger balls that some of you lot.

Exactly.

We fans are allowed to get carried away. The players don't give a shit what's going on in the media or around the city whilst they are training day in day out and preparing for a match.

And anyway, if this does go tits up, the very last reason for it will be because the casuals around the city are getting giddy and jumping on the bandwagon.

The city doesn't expect anything.

I'm quite confident of winning it but I'm completely prepared for the possibility of my confidence taking a hit this weekend given our fixture. To win at Old Trafford without our top scorer (who is ready made for games like this) would be a massive effort.

I think we will win it but if we somehow don't we will never ever live this down. Even if the Talksport trophy tour wasn't done on purpose it will still look embarrassing given the timing.

Archived