Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We haven't won anything yet.

Good grief there are some bedwetters here on this thread. Yes we have not won it yet but where in this season or run in have we shown ANY complacency or lack of resolve? Do you really think our players, battle hardened from a championship win and a relegation fight are gonna blow it? I have heard of being a glass half-empty person but sheesh!

Martinez will be gone by the time we play them.

This 'aint over and seeing people queuing up in Barclays Leicester to have their photo taken with the Trophy makes me feel sick inside.  We will be the laughing stock of the World if this caves in around us.  Please lets all calm down and get the Job done first.

'Tempting fate' is complete and utter bollocks, anyone who believes in fate is a moron in my opinion. That said, I agree, we have not won the trophy yet and my concern for the trophy being hyped up etc is not because it's tempting fat but because we are going to look like such mugs if we lose it.

Parading the trophy is a nonsense and so is getting ahead of ourselves with relation to results and outcomes. 

But, in a way, we have already "won" or achieved highly significant things.

a) We've achieved our first target of winning the 40 points needed for survival.

b) We've collected the results necessary to qualify, not just for Europe but for group stage of Champions League football - a first in all our history.

c) We're already certain of being Premiership runners-up, another first.

d) We're subject of a feature film and a book about our remarkable exploits during the season.

e) We've broken all sorts of individual and collective records during the season.

f) Our players have been honoured as never before and in various ways.  

g) The club has been firmly established on the world stage for the first time.  

Of course it would be a massive disappointment to somehow lose the Premiership title - and I cannot imagine the players somehow faltering when they've been so focused all season.

But, if it happened, the season has still been utterly without precedent and we have got tangible things to show for it. And, surely the achievement of making Champions League beats even an FA Cup win in today's order of achievement.

With those seven major achievements I can't see why we wouldn't add the Premiership trophy and Charity Shield before beginning the fight to retain our title. Surely the thinking should be "what's the next job that needs 100% effort" rather than worrying about "what if this or that".   

Can't believe the stupidity of it all and the utter ****** that are being interviewed. Talk about giving Leicester a bad name. Some of these guys look like they're battery powered.

Don't celebrate something that hasn't happened, it's ridiculous.

Most people getting carried away with it are the ones who don't really care and have just jumped on bandwagon. Most of the 'loyal' supporters are still sitting with their arses firmly clenched.

I like the idea of the back the blues, but its going a bit too far. Almost being treated like the lead up to a cup final.

So I don't really care? Bollocks!

I'm not a loyal supporter, you sir can fvck off!

Nothings done yet I totally agree but somebody being confident is not a crime and nor are nerves and twitchyness!

I personally feel that nerves can transmit from the stands to the pitch and that doesn't help.

I will remain confident and bullish unlike some who it almost seems want us to have what will almost be a total collapse!

Have you seen our fixtures?

We still have to go to Man Utd & Chelsea away, it's a very plausible scenario we don't get 3pts from our last 3 games.

Have you seen our results?

I don't know what gives you any idea that we won't get a single point from our next three games given how well we have played over the last year, during a relegation battle (more pressure) and now during a title challenge. 

I don't know what gives you any idea that we won't get a single point from our next three games given how well we have played over the last year, during a relegation battle (more pressure) and now during a title challenge. 

We can get two draws and a loss and still not win it. We still have Man Utd away and Chelsea away. 

It's perfectly feasible we don't get 3pts and have to rely on Tottenham not getting maximum points.

It's far too simplistic to look at the 7pt gap and say we won't blow it because of what we've done this season. Failure to beat Everton and we're struggling to get 3pts.

We can get two draws and a loss and still not win it. We still have Man Utd away and Chelsea away. 

It's perfectly feasible we don't get 3pts and have to rely on Tottenham not getting maximum points.

It's far too simplistic to look at the 7pt gap and say we won't blow it because of what we've done this season. Failure to beat Everton and we're struggling to get 3pts.

We still have Chelsea away. So do Spurs.

So you think we'll struggle there but they won't?

A

At this stage our results mean nothing.As it's history now. It's how we manage thee next 3 games that matter. While I accept we have been brilliant all season one thing you can be sure off. The magnitude of the occasion will fet to the players. It's how they handle it that will decide the outcome.

I'm sure they're having plenty of sessions this week with the Sports Psychologists.

I just hope we do it on Sunday to avoid the added pressure on everyone.

I agree with the sentiment of the thread but comparisons to 1963 are erroneous. By the time we were heading into our third last game that season we were already 7 points adrift of Everton in an era in which a victory was rewarded with two points. The title had already gone from us at this stage. Through the last ten games we were top on and off, rarely leading by more than a point.

This season is completely different. I know it hasn't felt this way but we really have been dominant. We've led since January and have had a substantial points lead for a number of weeks. In understand the reluctance to celebrate. Indeed I share it. But we are closer to the title than we have ever been. Even when we finished second in 1929 that was as a result of a wonderful second half of the season. We were never in a title race. We should apply healthy caution and expect that the players do the same, But to lose it from here would take something there has been no evidence of this season.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Spurs win there and we don't?

Of course not. 

I just don't get where all this pessimism is coming from given for the past month everything has been shining and "we're gunna win the league".

Just two examples of how things can and do go wrong.

Sorry to be a sourness but I've been here before.

It's fine being optimistic and enjoying the occasion I know as well as anyone the chance may not happen again in your life times but lets not talk as if we're already champions

ssc_hidingsofa.gif

My football life will be complete if we do win it.

No you havnt!

that article says we won one of the last 9 and finished 4th. We are guaranteed to finish at least 2nd and certainly have not won only one in the last 9!

This forum is nuts right now!

Will we? Wont we?

Optimist? Pessimist? Realist?

Sunday? Monday? Next Saturday?

How to celebrate? If to celebrate? When to celebrate?

Laugh? Cry?

Cash out? Hold on?

Book days off? Which days off?

Stay humble? Gloat?

Calm? Nervous? 

Sleep? Can't sleep?

So many mixed emotions and different opinions. It's great. I love it  :thumbup:

I don't think it's inevitable at all, I actually think we won't beat Man Utd and Spurs won't beat Chelsea.

I was actually called "deluded" on here yesterday for suggesting I don't think Chelsea will lie down for us if we need something on the last day of the season.

I can quite easily see us getting 2pts from our last three games, it doesn't take a huge leap of faith to think that could happen. If that's all we get then we will be relying on Tottenham to mess up for us.

People talk about the Everton game as if we're playing Forest Green or something but they're a team with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, etc. That's well over £100m in players just there. If we don't beat them then there's every chance we don't get 3pts for the remainder of the season.

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Leicester vs Everton

These two games are absolutely huge games and will define our season. Anyone who thinks this is a virtual formality says it through ignorance not confidence.

It takes the same amount of faith to believe we will be champions without all the negativity and fear.

post-23706-0-05690100-1461959202_thumb.j

We do only need one win from our three remaining games or three draws. We WILL win the league

We're 7 points clear with 3 games to go.

I'm going to enjoy that fact and i'll be celebrating it.

You can all be as pessimistic as you like but we're clearly going to win the league.

I'd be amazed if the players are thinking "Oh no what if we lose on Sunday and then don't beat Everton".

Absolutely no need to be worried.

I do believe we'll be champions but it's posts like the above that annoy me, people speaking in absolutes.

Anyone who thinks that we are virtually home and hosed is a moron.

I won't be too concerned if we don't beat Man Utd but I'll be nervous if Spurs beat Chelsea and shitting myself if we don't beat Everton. Apparently there's no chance this will happen as we're clearly going to win the league. :rolleyes:   

I think the players would rather read the "doubters" and get a bit more motivation rather than being weighed down with the "Leicester expects" attitude.

Some of us want to get the job done before popping the champagne corks prematurely. 

I do believe we'll be champions but it's posts like the above that annoy me, people speaking in absolutes.

Anyone who thinks that we are virtually home and hosed is a moron.

I won't be too concerned if we don't beat Man Utd but I'll be nervous if Spurs beat Chelsea and shitting myself if we don't beat Everton. Apparently there's no chance this will happen as we're clearly going to win the league. :rolleyes:

You're the moron, how dare you call people a moron for having faith and believing we're going to do it.We all know it's not over til we get 3 points or Spurs slip up again. Drop the sanctimonious crap and I genuinely don't give a rats ass if I'm banned because this negative crap is making this momentous journey misery now.

Your problem is your own ability to handle this final push in my opinion.

Archived