Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lord Kante

How Will You React?

It depends on when it happens, if we are comfortably winning against Man U or Everton, I'll have already celebrated the goals and what they represent. So as long as we are comfortable, I'll probably sit back, relax and drink some champagne.

If it is a last minute goal, I'll probably go pretty insane and run around the house for a bit. Then I think I'll pop some champers, and sit quietly to reflect.

Then I'll probably need something stronger to bring me down and help me sleep. So I'll have some whiskey with 3 ice cubes.

Yeah situational, Spurs losing on Monday would still be pretty mad but nothing like if we did it while playing.

Will be watching on a stream by myself. Going to celebrate with the cat. 

Can't..tell..if..serious..

But, I'll probably do the same if it happens. Should this happen it may actually take a day to sink in that's it's happened, then another day to realise what has happened and then a third to realise that this actually really happened.

I haven't yet come to terms with the reality that this could happen.

I may spontaneously combust at any moment.

C'mon LESTAAHHH!

Firstly I'll sit alone in my front room and probably get all emotional and nostalgic for a while. Then I'll plaster it all over Facebook and gloat like fvck. Then I'll respond to the dozens of texts I'll get. Then, as an exile now living darn saarf, I'm gonna nip into my golf club wearing my city shirt with a smile as wide as the Thames, singing at the top of my voice, and then collect my winnings off the Spurs and Gooner fans who were stupid enough to put bets on with me that they'd finish above us. Then I'll sit in the corner like a king and receive hours of adulation and praise and feel like a local celebrity all evening......not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything  lol

Gonna see a grown man cry. Not doubt about it.

From Oxford at home. 2 play off defeats. 2 play off wins. Stoke away. Victoria ground. Watford away Muzzy. Spurs at Wembley. Charlton away. So many more. This is the 1. This makes me cry.

And if it wasn't for the chance of cl football next year I may well have decided this was as good as it got.

For real, are we actually going to do it at Old Trafford?! I dont think it can get better if we actually do it?

Surely one to tell for the rest of our lives.. "I was there when Leonardo Ulloa scored at Old Trafford to win us the Premier League.."

I'll cry

Just been reading part of the letters dad wrote to me before he passed

'Following LCFC and England is important to you but please please put it in perspective, though you will accumulate memories of great wins, near misses and many losses. You will also look back and think how much it has cost you and not just in terms of money. Anyway, England have even less chance of winning a trophy than do LCFC of winning the prem. I can just hear you now 'Shut the f*** up' or some similar rebut'

Almost there dad

I genuinely think I'll cry. I always thought I wouldn't do crying at the football but I nearly went in the Southampton game. It was such a tense match and the final whistle was a massive relief and I felt very emotional. When this is done I'll probably just let go.

I'm struggling to comprehend this to be honest. I've almost become used to us being top of the league which means I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be given just how objectively extraordinary it is. Don't get me wrong; it's great. It's the scale of the achievement I'm not feeling - even if I do know that it's an amazing feat.Hopefully it will sink in once it's confirmed.

I've had passing thoughts about giving up my season ticket after next season. I'll likely have seen us win the league and play in the European Cup. I've never had any right to expect that as a Leicester City fan. My dream has always been to see us lift the FA Cup. But then I come to my senses and remember that the football isn't really about the football. It's identity, community, friendship, memories. I wouldn't want to do without that. What I do know is that whenever we're back at the wrong end of the second tier, and it will come, it's going to be a hell of a lot easier to cope with having seen all this.

Watching on the box at mine with my dad who paid £20 for a 1969 cup final ticket ( we his wages were £6 per week) think we'd both shed a tear without doubt. Then hit town to paint it blue..... The fact it's down to this game is so much more than I ever dreamed

Archived