Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

King Power Stadium Improvements - Ideas/Suggestions Thread

Guest CityFan 06

Important to state firstly that I think our stadium is getting better and better each year, in terms of appearance and character. However, thought I would create a thread of further stadium improvements you would like to see at Filbert Way. I've got plenty of suggestions myself, so thought this would be the best place to share them.

Ranieri / iconic quotes in the home dressing room - The home dressing room is nice, spacious etc but feel it could be improved with more character. Given we've had one of the best seasons in the club's 132 year history, I feel there are many iconic quotes which could be positioned within the dressing room. Added inspiration to the players before they head out onto the pitch.

Legends on the blue banner inside the ground - Great opportunity to honour our legends, just like we did when it was the Walkers. Potential legends could be made this season too. Either this or stands renamed after our legends.

Union FS trophy flags - In the most recent Tifo display, UFS had those trophy flags at the front of the Kop. Due to how good these looked, couldn't these be utilized somewhere in or outside of the stadium? Many clubs have flags on the top of stands, maybe this would look good.

Foxes Never Quit / When You're Smiling incorporated alongside #Fearless on the outside of the ground - As we know on the outside of the ground, (the city fanstore corner) the word #Fearless is displayed. If the club are keeping this hashtag, which is looking likely, I would also like to see 'Foxes Never Quit' or 'When You're Smiling' alongside the phrase.

Comment any more suggestions, or if you feel no improvements need to be made. Thoughts are welcome on the above ideas too. 

We're not going to have legends around the ground (although we should) as the owners are obviously content on just using it for promoting King Power, which is sad.

We should have a statue... Banks, Lineker and, if we win the league, Raneiri.

the trophy flags are probably too big to go on top of the stands. And I personally don't think it'd look great.

Also, the dressing room is probably tailored to how the management staff request it - maybe they don't like iconic quotes or things like that which is why there aren't any at the moment.

Quite like how Arsenal have various statues dotted around - be great to have ones for the likes of Lineker, Banks, Walsh et al around the ground.

Guest CityFan 06

Agree that it'd be good to have some statues all the way around the ground. Plenty of legends to do so.

Been a while since I've gone, but I assume there's still massive queues for food at half time - so employing some mobile beer / snacks carriers to go around at half time, both in the stands (no alcohol) and in the concourse. NOTE: They would not go around during the game!!!

Would hopefully make things more efficient, because it's annoying having to miss 5-10 minutes of the first half just to wait 14 minutes to get a pint and have to bolt it in one, in order to get back to your seat for the start of the second half. Might be a good move for the club as well if it resulted in increased concession sales.

Quite like the fanzones, at Liverpool, Sunderland, plenty of room for beer tents and the like.

This makes it a longer day, otherwise it's cramped into symphony rooms before the game, and then into an over priced, poor food cramped concourse at the ground.

If not, the company doing the food at the kp, need replacing, to slow, and serve shite

Been a while since I've gone, but I assume there's still massive queues for food at half time - so employing some mobile beer / snacks carriers to go around at half time, both in the stands (no alcohol) and in the concourse. NOTE: They would not go around during the game!!!

Would hopefully make things more efficient, because it's annoying having to miss 5-10 minutes of the first half just to wait 14 minutes to get a pint and have to bolt it in one, in order to get back to your seat for the start of the second half. Might be a good move for the club as well if it resulted in increased concession sales.

They already have "mobile" beer sellers on the concourse.

Archived