Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Observations from a Fox in the Stretford End

Please merge if necessary, wasn't sure where to post this but this is how my game went.

Lovely MUFC fan sold me and my lad his ST at FV via Twitter. Took a fair bit of trust from both sides but it went well. I've never sat in the home end at an away game, and wasn't sure I'd like it,but it was ok. Missed the singing, but it was our only chance to be there so we took it.

What I learned today was

1. They don't really get behind their team, just moan and whinge all the time. A lot of them spent a fair bit of time on their phones. Not something I see at the KP

2. They think the ref, the linesmen and their players all have bets on us to win the league.

3. When we were singing 'you're just a shit Jamie Vardy' at Rooney they agreed

4. They swear a lot

5. They wanted to find the fan who brought the bell in and buy him a pint :-)

6. They think all the decisions went our way, and especially that Schmeichel should have been sent off.

7. Where we were they stand :-)

Glad we went and looking forward to watching the replay, but it sure is odd seeing your team through the oppositions eyes...

I was in the family stand, they really were a miserable bunch. Was a bit worried about being in with the enemy but there was about 10 fellow foxes around us. Our boys were phenomenal. The best quote I heard was the bloke in front of me 'We have given 2 teams a standing ovation this season and neither or them are man United.'

I was in the home end right next to our blue army. Thought our support was excellent. Could you hear us in the stretford end as I genuinely didn't hear one United song other than u-n-i-t-E-d after they scored.

Full of tourists simply on tours and taking pics

Many came in with a season ticket card and had to ask where thier seat was??!!!

Shit support and I hope with our success we don't become like that

I even heard one utd fan say "thier 26 is a good player,who's he??

I loved the day but didn't enjoy sitting in the home end if I'm honest. Was great at the end when all Leicester fans came out and joined in with the away end.

I was in upper Stretford and it was just blokes singing '20 times', decent that they stood all game.

They may sing that song a lot, but if we were in their shoes we would too. 20 top flight titles is amazing.

Stewards need a bit of praise for not throwing the City fans out when they revealed themselves. Left them to it after the game from where I was.

I was in the family stand, they really were a miserable bunch. Was a bit worried about being in with the enemy but there was about 10 fellow foxes around us. Our boys were phenomenal. The best quote I heard was the bloke in front of me 'We have given 2 teams a standing ovation this season and neither or them are man United.'

who was the other?

Yes could hear us all the time, just made it harder not to join in though! For the first few minutes I thought I was surrounded by Foxes, it was only when they scored I realised they're just a fairly quiet miserable bunch.

I was near the dugouts, was pretty quiet where I was apart from the odd bit of uproar about the ref. Managed to contain myself when Wes scored, but got a bit of abuse at full time when I unveiled my Leicester top and ran to join the away support's singing. Oh well  :)

Missed the singing and celebrations, but was nice to be close to Ranieri and the bench. Onto next Saturday!

I was in East stand. Top tier, front row. So had a great view of our amazing fans (pictures to follow).

My observations:

- Our fans are fvcking loud.

- Our fans are fvcking amazing.

- there are no better away fans in the league

- Utd fans really don't like Fellaini (cheering when he went off!)

- Utd fans love a moan even at something blatantly obvious going against their team (the 2 fouls on Schlupp in the 2nd half a prime example).

- Utd fans that were behind me stating we were 1) the best team in the league and 2) deserve to win the league

- Saw it around the ground and it was kind of unexpected - Utd fans applauding our team as they came over to thank the away fans and as they walked off the pitch after full-time. Thought that was quite nice and classy.

pZsQnly.jpg

VoCKreg.jpg

Was in the top tier in the East stand aswell. Don't think our end was that good? Didn't really hear us much.

The end was brilliant though when all the Leicester fans from around the ground joined in. Loved the owners coming over aswell.

WYS

We were in the north stand other corner flag to our fans very hostile but also amusing listening to man Utd fans slagging us off by the looks of it a few city fans in the upper section were removed by stewards

Was in the top tier in the East stand aswell. Don't think our end was that good? Didn't really hear us much.

The end was brilliant though when all the Leicester fans from around the ground joined in. Loved the owners coming over aswell.

WYS

How far in the East Stand? We could see pretty much all of them. I guess if you're higher up you're not gonna hear them that well because the sound wouldn't travel that way directly.

Was in K block, right next to our fans, we were so loud it was unreal. They tried a UNITED chant and a massive LEICESTER chant soon ended that. When they scored it was horrible , just me and mate stood there and when Morgan scored I just hugged my mate and tbh they were alright with us. If we scored though in the 2nd half I was gonna go mental, couldn't hold it together 2 nd half.

Loads of city fans everywhere today, good point in the end.

We were in the East Stand. Zero noise or atmosphere from the Utd fans - only from the small clusters of Leicester fans. Lots of moaning, no one seems to like spudhead Rooney or Fellanni. Even the Stretford end seemed to go very quiet in the second half.

Their stadium might hold more than double the amount, but the atmosphere is nothing like the King Power.

A mate at work who's a Man U STH along with his son and best mate messaged me saying that I HAD to be there for what could be history making for us and he'd happily let me and my son use his tickets. Top gesture but turns out his best mate said to use his ST instead so he could go to the game with us. Wouldn't take any £ for the use of. 

We were about 10 rows up just to the right of the tunnel near the Stretford end. Not much atmosphere apart from the teams coming out and the goal but when we got our goal I just looked right to our fans and would've killed to be in there with them. The view was blocked by our club reps, owners, and directors etc, who were going mental. The noise coming from the blue corner was immense and the guys behind us commented and loved some of our chants and songs, especially the Shit Jamie Vardy one. All around knew we were Leicester, (even the 2 Stewards who smiled as we tried to contain ourselves) and were brilliant with us. They shook our hands, congratulated us, and wished us well, one lady even kissed my cheek and thanked us, a massive contradiction from what I was expecting although we were in a family stand.

The lasting memory I will have is the class support for us from the Man U fans especially those who waited behind after the whistle to clap our boys off and broke into "Your'e Gonna Win The league" chant. They even stood and clapped Drinky when he walked passed after being sent off, no boos or abuse, like normal. It was surreal but a great touch.

Wasn't sure what to expect from the Mancs but was massively surprised by their friendliness before, inside/outside and after the game, but guessing it could be a different story on another day with us in a different position or a game with a lot more at stake. 

They gave and showed us such massive respect and we loved it. Top day out.

I sat right next to the away end, quite a few supporters couldn't hold it when Morgan scored myself included, it was brilliant hundreds of Leicester fans pulled out the flags, scarfs at the final whistle lol

At the final whistle there were Leicester fans everywhere around the ground.

Did like the scenes outside the ground afterwards.

Man Utd fans watching and recording us.

Didn't get home till 9.15.Nightmare journey.

I make that journey a couple of times a week!! It's always horrific. No easy way in or out.

Archived