Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Sports Personality TOTY

If the awards were held this month we'd clean up, but unfortunately it's only May and we're not even half way through the year. Anything can/will happen in British sport during the rest of 2016 and it will be probably dominated by the Olympics unless England win the Euro's. 

Its Olympic year, has it ever gone to a team that wasn't in the Olympics in an Olympics year?

The invcibles missed out to rowing...

Wtf! 

Is Ranieri eligible for the main award? I doubt it will be Vardy because he's widely viewed as a racist chav

TOTY is absolutely nailed on - team GB would have to win the Olympics to even come close.

Our story isn't going away for a long time. Ranieri will get something - they'll make up an award.

If England do win the Euros (we have a chance, assuming Rooney and Wilshere get [even more] injured beforehand) Vardy will have been the reason - and he will win SPOTY.

We'll also have a 100% record in the CL.

Apologies if that seems like bravado, but It's going to be a while before I come back down.

• 3 months later...

I just realised at work today, the absolute shoe-in of LCFC being the Team of the Year has just been thrown in the air with Team GB doing ridiculously well in Brazil. It could easily go to Team GB, Ladies GB Hockey...

Being biased I still think we should get it because Team GB should have finished somewhere near the top of the medal table and Ladies hockey should have reached the semi's at least.

Not that it really matters, but I'm interested to see who will win it this year now...

Or even coach of the year...?

didn't team gb cycling win it once? if that's the case surely team gb as a whole can't be a team if there's teams within a team. 

thatd be like saying "premier league" could win it 

1 hour ago, Vince Vega said:

Anyone else think we'll now be bumped down to second due to the GB Team's Olympic success?

I was thinking the womens hockey team the cycling team might pip us to it for their efforts now, but yeah the wider GB Olympics team might be considered as well I suppose. In which case the depth of interest in voting will probably blow us out the water unfortunately

1 hour ago, Vince Vega said:

Anyone else think we'll now be bumped down to second due to the GB Team's Olympic success?

The Olympics isn't a team sport, there are some team sports within it but the rest are individual sports with people just competing for the same group of countries. Would be total nonsense to award them the team trophy... especially when it's a result of a huge influx of cash into sports through the lottery funding.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The Olympics isn't a team sport, there are some team sports within it but the rest are individual sports with people just competing for the same group of countries. Would be total nonsense to award them the team trophy... especially when it's a result of a huge influx of cash into sports through the lottery funding.

For which I'd like to thank the lottery for with out them we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Guest MattP

We are still heavy favourite faves to win it, GB cycling I suppose could win if we were bottom and humiliated out of Europe by Xmas.

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

For which I'd like to thank the lottery for with out them we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or we should thank the hard working mugs who pump there hard earned cash into lottery tickets.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or we should thank the hard working mugs who pump there hard earned cash into lottery tickets.

Aye it's not as if they handed it over voluntarily.

We should be TOTY, but we are Leicester City, so I doubt it will happen: women's hockey is more likely. And by the same token, either Jason Kenny or Laura Trott (maybe both) for Personality of the Year, rather than our Jamie.

Just being realistic.

Archived