Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Dont actually mind Dyche but needs to wind his neck in a bit about finances. He's stuck in a 90s mentality about money in football and needs to moves with the times instead of blaming it in an attempt to excuse himself from any potential failure this season.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Dont actually mind Dyche but needs to wind his neck in a bit about finances. He's stuck in a 90s mentality about money in football and needs to moves with the times instead of blaming it in an attempt to excuse himself from any potential failure this season.

It's all done to get the press on side and give him an easier time. Burnley are a nice story because they've done it on a shoestring. At least that's what they tell you and the press love a good story. Young English manager, traditional club all makes for a good piece for the papers.

He plays the press game perfectly.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's all done to get the press on side and give him an easier time. Burnley are a nice story because they've done it on a shoestring. At least that's what they tell you and the press love a good story. Young English manager, traditional club all makes for a good piece for the papers.

He plays the press game perfectly.

Didn't they buy a ten million pound player last year? In the championship? And pay Joey Barton's wages?

Leicester's N'Golo Kante moving to Chelsea for £30million just a year after joining from Caen for £7m and Bournemouth buying Liverpool's 20-year-old winger Jordon Ibe for £15million are just two deals which reflect a sharp increase in fees.

Granted that was a lot of money for Ibe, but Kante for that price is nothing to do with fees increasing, he is easily worth that.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Didn't they buy a ten million pound player last year? In the championship? And pay Joey Barton's wages?

Yes, signed Andre Gray for around £9 million and then said he had been following him since his Hinckley days when he could have signed him for about £9 quid. 

He moans about the price of transfer fees but why doesn't he sort out a decent scouting system and try unearth some unknown talent like we did. 

I dont know know how much it has cost us in terms of wages and the costs of scouting. But I'm sure if we sold Mahrez, Vardy & the money from Kante it will have paid for itself for the next 20 years and the previous 5 years. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It wasnt like they just spent the 10mil, they signed that bloke from Brentford for about 6million admist others taking their spending to 20mil+...in the championship.

Now back in the prem with this huge new influx of T.V money and they wont even stump up 5mil for Hendricks.

This is after they've already had a season seeing that spending nothing will not get results, even if you have great team spirit you still need some quality.

Dyche is crazy.

Dyche is so transparent - whinging about fees when until a month ago Burnley had a higher record transfer than we did. Try improving your scouting network then rather than just going for the most overrated players in the championship. 

2 hours ago, The Murkle Man said:

It wasnt like they just spent the 10mil, they signed that bloke from Brentford for about 6million admist others taking their spending to 20mil+...in the championship.

Now back in the prem with this huge new influx of T.V money and they wont even stump up 5mil for Hendricks.

This is after they've already had a season seeing that spending nothing will not get results, even if you have great team spirit you still need some quality.

Dyche is crazy.

Think it's the scouting more then anything as they did spend a little last time in the prem but they brought players like marvin sordell and lukas Jutkiewicz

Can someone explain why exactly Middlesbrough have signed Brad Guzan? He's without a doubt one of the most useless keepers in recent times in the premier league.

Also can someone explain why Konstatopoulos has seemingly been bumped to 3rd choice? Didn't he set some record for clean sheets last season? He's getting on a bit but doesn't he deserve a chance?

With Valdes there as well, neither he nor Guzan are going to sit around at home. One will play, the other on the bench. Then there is the lad they got from Real Madrid. Guzan is a waste of money. Negredo I'm sure will flop also.

I don't like Karanka. He gave up and walked away last season. Unacceptable. First manager sacked, mark my words.

Chelsea offer between £60 - £75m for Lukaku.

He's good, very good, but not worth that, again winds me up more about how much we rolled over/lost Kante for and how much other teams think they can get our players for cheap in the current transfer market.

Ooh, in other news (not Premier League news exactly) I heard a report the other day, no source or links unfortunately so take it or leave it but who is the 4th best paid player in the world, any guesses?

Graziano Pelle.

How on earth?! I know it's probably too late but something needs to be done about the astronomical fees within football. He's bang average!!

Archived