Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Prediction for 2016/17 where will we finish?

I could see a tight title race with us chasing in second or third until the very end. No matter how it ends, I can't see us finishing lower than the CL places if we're able to hold on to the side and add a few key pieces.

League Cup, FA Cup are luxuries - the PL needs to, again, be the focus. 

Literally anything can happen

Top 10

League cup semi final

F.a cup quarter final

CL ro16 after a decent group, or europa league run

I would be very happy with strong top 10 and donestic cup win. Really want to add the f.a cup to our collection now.

Who knows.....there's a massive Summer upheaval coming up with a lot of players and managers moving. If you can keep the same players, which I think you will and add a few, keep the same mindset, desire and determination, which might actually be more difficult after 'doing it all' this year I think you'll do really well again next year....after all there's no reason why not, not a single team after 38 games could really work out how to play against you and beat you this season, so why should next season be any different? I think the same will apply in the CL. I'm guessing that based on the above and the evidence this year, that Ranieri and the board might not try too hard in the Cups and use a 'squad team' which will probably be good enough to get through a couple of rounds, but the latter stages of the League Cup and early rounds of the FA Cup dove tail with key Premier league fixtures and also Champions league knock out stages...I expect you to focus on those more than the cups.

Depending on what the big moneyball clubs do in terms of signings (although team spirit and great tactics proved more important this year.....) i think there will be a resurgence from City and Liverpool especially, not so sure about United (Mourinho?) and Chelsea, Arsenal will be up there and so will we. Leicester worse case top 6 and possibly top 4....who knows at this stage.

Champions league knockout stages, maybe quarter finals or semi's or even win it, depending on the draw?

League and FA Cup....probably not prioritised and depends on the draw, but 4th/5th round maybe playing a 'squad team' or better if not.

We should be aiming for a top 6 finish in the league. It would be strange, even for an unexpected champion, to set the bar lower than that. Obviously Blackburn, Man Utd and Chelsea have shown that the mighty can fall, but barring us losing Mahrez, Kanté and/or Vardy then I just don't see us caving in like that next season. I have doubts whether we can sustain it beyond next season, but that worry isn't relevant right now.

There's no reason why we can't retain it? If we've won the league once we can do it again? Seriously!

Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool (I think they'll be strong under Klopp) all have to rebuild. Arsenal and Manchester United will need new players. Manchester United might even be looking into getting a new manager... There's only us, Spurs, West Ham and Southampton that don't have to totally rebuild.

The pressure is totally on Manchester City as Guardiola is totally expected to win trophies straight away. We'll be written off (as such) and told we can't win the league but why not.

This. I'm not going to kick off if we do badly but I'm not going to have people say that we're finishing in the bottom half because that means they've genuinely bought into the nonsense people spout about us. We're a fvcking good side. We have a class manager who everyone likes, a group of players who will fight like no other in the league, a scouting team who take that into strong consideration when identifying their targets, and a quite clear eye for that talent as well, with the best financial position we have ever been in. I know we probably won't, and probably won't get as much fall our way as this year, but I can't believe anyone could rule us out.

Guest CityFan 06

Predicting a top 10 finish for us next season and for me I'd count that as another successful campaign. If we can keep the current group of players together, and add some quality this summer, I think we will do very well. I'd love us to win another cup next season as well (FA Cup, League Cup etc).

I'm not even going to deny that we could win the league again, because I think we can.

If the club consistently manage to finish in the top ten year on year from now on, and always either in or around European spots, it would be a fantastic progression for the club and we would see ourselves becoming bigger and being known for establishing ourselves as a quality PL team. Then we would start see an even bigger fan base which ultimately might lead to a bigger stadium in the near future - it's all the making of becoming a bigger and well respected PL outfit. I'm optimistic we could be in an special era for this club. 

A lot of the teams will have more beleif and motivation, especially against us. We got a few easier games where we could hit teams hardnon the counter, next season opponents will be more prepared from the begging.

I also expect Southampton, West ham and Sunderland to step up. I see Sunderland being a tough team to beat and with the spirit and resilience they've developed this season forged in relegation survival fight, I can see them upsetting a few teams although no way repeating our success.

I think 75 points will win the league next year as many teams will be taking poi ts from others with hardly anyone dominating. All teams are very competitive and with new hope to mid table teams they will be having strong beleif they can go to old Trafford and Emirates and pull off upsets.

I'm hoping for a top 4 finish for us.

And champions league later stages. We could even win it having favourable draw in knockout stages.

After the season we have just had it may be difficult to maintain the momentum. We will strengthen the squad with a handful of players with the money from the CL but 6 additional games in the Autumn period with the travel involved and the reduction in recovery time may  put a strain on the squad which we did not really have this year. 

Increased player rotation given the extra games in this period may also dissipate some of the team spirit which has clearly existed over much of last season.

Having said all that Claudio is a wise head on experienced shoulders and he should be able to see his way though most of these challenges and I am hoping we end up with a Europa  league spot having played in the last 16 round of the CL.

Natural  caution as a Leicester fan of many years prevents me being any more optimistic at this point.

Guest LCFC_World

League: 1st

FA Cup: winners

League cup: winners

Champions league: winners

Total losses: 0

The new invincibles.

so hard to predict this - I said 12th last year so at least I guessed we wouldn't be in a relegation dogfight

Champions League - quarter fial

FA cup                        quarter final

League Position       - third

Archived