Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Prediction for 2016/17 where will we finish?

Champions League will depend so much on the draw - especially the Pot 2 team we get.

Get a tough Pot 2 draw like Dortmund, Napoli or Atletico and winning the group will be a massive ask. That'd mean we'd either go out at the group stage or finish second in the group and be unseeded for the Round of 16.

Win the group and we're seeded for the Round of 16, get what should be an easier tie with home advantage in the second leg and who knows how far we'd go under those circumstance. 

Fair to say we'll all watch the draw for that one with interest.

FA Cup and League Cup will likely present an opportunity for squad players, but I can see us strengthening over the summer to cope with the demands and it's fair to say that the Leicester City of July 2016 will be a very different proposition for prospective signings than the Leicester City of July 2015.

As for the Premier League, I just can't see the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City being as shit again and Manchester United picked up a bit towards the end of the season. We are a very good side, don't let the 'fairytale' and '5000/1' press talk fool you on that, but I'd be very happy with qualifying for the EL and having a creditable run in Europe.

League 11th (before I get shot down, we're a massive scalp now, unknown factor is gone. Other big teams cannot be so shit again. Lots of distractions this year without experience of managing it. Difficult to replicate a season like that. I reckon we'll continue to be strong away but home form will suffer)

Fa cup Quarter Finals

League cup 4th round

Champs League Last 16/ QF if draw is kind, think it will become our priority

League, anything above 18th will do, I'll go for 3rd, our methods will have been studies to death during the close season and we'll need another plan.

European Champions League, last 8

FA Cup,  I really hope we have a good go for this and I'm expecting a trip to Wembley next spring :)

Club from outside us big clubs with best chance of winning.......Manchester United

We'll have to rotate our squad this season.

So it depends on who we buy. Too hard to say atm.

My properties: 1. Survival. 2. Surpass our all time wins in Europe. 3. Get out of the CL group. 4. European football next season.

League: 4th
League Cup: out after 2nd game
FA Cup: Winners
Champions League: 3rd Europa League, out in the first round to Slvenslaggoio (sp)and we play Liam Moore and Hamer in goal.

Sensible stats-based predictions in pretty infographic form!

http://news.bwin.com/en/infographics/fates-of-first-time-title-winners-say-leicester-will-just-miss-out-on-a-top-four-finish-next-term,104703.html

d8BoU5d.png

Fates of first-time title winners say Leicester will just miss out on a top-four finish next term

Leicester City became England’s first maiden top-tier title winners since Nottingham Forest in 1977/78 when they sealed the Premier League crown last weekend.

But around the continent, first-time league champions are a bit more commonplace.

Spain, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Belgium have all seen sides who had previously never reigned supreme in their homeland do so this century, while Italy saw fresh hands raise the championship trophy aloft in the 90’s.

Leicester brought to an end decades of England’s aristocracy hogging the top prize, but repeating the feat is nigh on impossible.

The degree of difficulty involved with title retention for newbies is derived from the fact none of the maiden league champs managed to get their names etched on the trophy in the season that followed their title triumph.

Guest CityFan 06

Not sure if this has been posted but fixtures for the Premier league 2016/17 are announced on 15th June at 9.00am.

Cheers Shelf Side. Didn't know that myself  :thumbup:

Guest CityFan 06

On the topic, I think we'll finish 6th in the Premier League next season. Sounds as if our aim is sensible, finish with a solid position in the top 10. We can then hopefully progress each season, and establish ourselves as a consistent classy outfit in the league. 

I think we'll do something extraordinary in Europe, I'm not saying we'll win it (if we keep Kante and the rest I'm putting a tenner on it mind), but I think we'll have fun in the Champions League next year.

Guest CityFan 06

I think we'll do something extraordinary in Europe, I'm not saying we'll win it (if we keep Kante and the rest I'm putting a tenner on it mind), but I think we'll have fun in the Champions League next year.

To be honest with what's happened this season winning the PL, I'm not going to deny us the chances of winning the Champions League  :).  I agree entirely it's unlikely with the calibre in Europe, but we have a special team/staff, in which is being improved on further. I genuinely feel we're either in it, or on the brink of a very special era for this football club. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but the prospect of the club is exciting.

• 1 month later...

Archived