Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

In / Outs Summer 2016

Loving our transfer business so far. Goalkeeping, defensive, midfield, and attacking positions all strengthened.

Musa is a very interesting one. Still with his best years ahead of him, he already has title-winning and Champions League experience. That could be vital if and when the going gets tough.

Guest CityFan 06

Loving our transfer business so far. Goalkeeping, defensive, midfield, and attacking positions all strengthened.

Musa is a very interesting one. Still with his best years ahead of him, he already has title-winning and Champions League experience. That could be vital if and when the going gets tough.

I am pleased too, to see the business we've done thus far. I said we need at least 5 new signings this summer, and so far we've had 4 additions. Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy and Musa. Potentially Uche too? Not sure if he is in the first team plans though.

I'm surprised Paul Konchesky being released at the end of his contract leaving him clubless hasn't even gained a mention seeing he was a player for 4 years before heading out on loan to QPR. Not that I'll miss him, just that it looks rather like no one else has either :)

I'm surprised Paul Konchesky being released at the end of his contract leaving him clubless hasn't even gained a mention seeing he was a player for 4 years before heading out on loan to QPR. Not that I'll miss him, just that it looks rather like no one else has either :)

Up front -- I was unable to watch Leicester City while in the Championship.

While watching Leicester City 2014-15, I thought Paul Konchesky was a serviceable left-back.  I was never as down on him as many in these forums were.  I admit he made some significant errors, but I thought overall he was adequate for the job in that season.

I am not particularly sorry to see him go, both due to his age (35) and the fact that his replacement (Christian Fuchs) is such an upgrade in quality.

In closing, I thank Paul Konchesky for his service to the club, but I am not sorry to see him move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived