Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Simpson Talks Team Spirit

Good Lad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3607760/Leicester-star-Danny-Simpson-urges-team-mates-remain-champions-don-t-think-spirit-else.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The major players in Leicester's incredible title triumph have been told they will not find greater team spirit or adoration from fans at any other club so should stay for at least one more season.

Danny Simpson believes the likes of Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy, and N'Golo Kante could play for any of Europe's top teams but the Leicester owners' ambitions can convince all to turn down moves away.

Leicester are determined to keep hold of their squad even though Vardy and Kante are understood to have release clauses worth £20million, as revealed by Sportsmail, and Simpson is adamant decisions will be based on more than money.

Around 240,000 people turned out to celebrate Leicester's open top bus parade through the city on May 16 and the players were visibly moved by the huge crowd. Simpson believes such a showing is sure to make a significant impact on players' mentalities.

'I told a few of them that,' said Simpson. 'We know we have top players in the team. We have seen the rumours and there will be people interested, but at the end of the day I hope they all stay.

'I don't think they will get this spirit anywhere else. Listen, you can go and play and win trophies at other teams but this group of players are so close and like a family. We hope we can keep dreaming and keep working hard.'

The right back added: 'I believe any of the players can go on to the top teams and play, but when the owners first took over they had a plan to get where they wanted to get to. We have probably done it a lot sooner than they wanted to but it is a special group of players and we want to kick on.'

Simpson, the former Manchester United academy player, only has one year left on his contract and is poised for talks. He would like to commit his future to the club, having fulfilled an ambition to win the Premier League he thought impossible.

'When United won the treble I was that kid in the crowd,' he said. 'What was that, 17 years ago? I was only a kid and I will never forget that day.

'Now I'm the player on the bus and stage. I never thought I would be. To see kids in the crowd looking at me on the bus and stage is unbelievable. 'I hope in 17 years time they say they remember being in the crowd watching Leicester parade the trophy and they are doing it as well. I don't know how to take it all in but we are trying to.' 

I was looking for a Simpson thread to add this article to rather than create a new one. Found this one. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/99488-danny-simpson/Here are some of the highlights:

one of the worst right backs we've ever had.

urgh he's so so bad.

Backs off players, constantly out of position and makes ridiculous decisions. Awful player unfortunately

I think he might actually mentally defective too

Mid table championship standard player

Hes absolutely awful.

Seen him a few times and he is a very poor player.

I've been saying it for weeks - Simpson is the worst defender I have ever seen play for Leicester. He is dog shit. He's actually worse than simply playing with 10 men.

he's shite.

Bag of wank again

Probably worst right back we have had in my time.

He's bloody awful

Simpson is Crap with a capital C.

cretinous imbecile

Amazing how much improved he has been since last season, and he's been well worth his place in the team. I also included my own assessment of Simpson in the above!

I was looking for a Simpson thread to add this article to rather than create a new one. Found this one. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/99488-danny-simpson/Here are some of the highlights:

urgh he's so so bad.

Backs off players, constantly out of position and makes ridiculous decisions. Awful player unfortunately

Hes absolutely awful.

I've been saying it for weeks - Simpson is the worst defender I have ever seen play for Leicester. He is dog shit. He's actually worse than simply playing with 10 men.

he's shite.

Bag of wank again

He's bloody awful

cretinous imbecile

Amazing how much improved he has been since last season, and he's been well worth his place in the team. I also included my own assessment of Simpson in the above!

Life is a roller coaster !

urgh he's so so bad.

Hes absolutely awful.

he's shite.

Bag of wank again

He's bloody awful

cretinous imbecile

Yet again proves the over reaction on here.

But at least he is in good company Vardy and Drinky have both gone through it.

Don't be daft lad.. He's good but

Not that good.

He's the best defensive right back in the country. Look at how much our defence improved once he came back into the side. Remember we conceded 14 goals in our first 7 games since he came in. Since he came in we conceded just 22 goals in 31 games.

He absolutely should be in the England squad, especially when our defence isn't that good and needs improving. Playing attacking right backs like Walker and Clyne leaving a centre back who can't defend John Stones exposed is suicide.

England have a very good attack arm but a shit defence. Simpson is absolutely who England need right now. Simpson isn't great going forward but there is no better English defensive full-back and that's exactly what England are crying out for.

Simpson, the former Manchester United academy player, only has one year left on his contract and is poised for talks. He would like to commit his future to the club, having fulfilled an ambition to win the Premier League he thought impossible.

'When United won the treble I was that kid in the crowd,' he said. 'What was that, 17 years ago? I was only a kid and I will never forget that day.

'Now I'm the player on the bus and stage. I never thought I would be. To see kids in the crowd looking at me on the bus and stage is unbelievable. 'I hope in 17 years time they say they remember being in the crowd watching Leicester parade the trophy and they are doing it as well. I don't know how to take it all in but we are trying to.' 

Sounds like he wants to be a role model for young kids? Probably shouldn't have strangled the mother of his then.

He's the best defensive right back in the country. Look at how much our defence improved once he came back into the side. Remember we conceded 14 goals in our first 7 games since he came in. Since he came in we conceded just 22 goals in 31 games.

He absolutely should be in the England squad, especially when our defence isn't that good and needs improving. Playing attacking right backs like Walker and Clyne leaving a centre back who can't defend John Stones exposed is suicide.

England have a very good attack arm but a shit defence. Simpson is absolutely who England need right now. Simpson isn't great going forward but there is no better English defensive full-back and that's exactly what England are crying out for.

Do you mean since or before?

I agree, he is good enough to play for England now. He probably won't, though, partly because he plays for us. England's lack of options on the wing also means we will probably want fullbacks who get forward, as well.

I think he's a real contender for most improved player this season, and we have a number of them.

urgh he's so so bad.

Hes absolutely awful.

he's shite.

Bag of wank again

He's bloody awful

cretinous imbecile

Which just goes to show what playing to someone's strength's and not exposing their limitations can do. Those comments were fair at the time as he wasn't playing well, but hopefully fans can learn that a poor spell (in a struggling side) doesn't necessarily make a poor player, Simpson can now be added to Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy as players that were able to improve with time and the proper training and support.

(This isn't a dig at  Pearson either, he did exactly the same for our great escape, the 532/523 formation played to our strengths)

Gotta be honest, I'm actually bored of hearing about "team spirit" and "fairytale". How about the media focused more on dissecting the tactical success and why 4-4-2 worked for us.

It's a tough job picking a 'most improved' player between this season and last, but Simpson has got to be a serious contender. Key part of a back four who since he came into the side must surely have been the best defence in the league.

Good Lad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3607760/Leicester-star-Danny-Simpson-urges-team-mates-remain-champions-don-t-think-spirit-else.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The major players in Leicester's incredible title triumph have been told they will not find greater team spirit or adoration from fans at any other club so should stay for at least one more season.

Danny Simpson believes the likes of Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy, and N'Golo Kante could play for any of Europe's top teams but the Leicester owners' ambitions can convince all to turn down moves away.

Leicester are determined to keep hold of their squad even though Vardy and Kante are understood to have release clauses worth £20million, as revealed by Sportsmail, and Simpson is adamant decisions will be based on more than money.

Around 240,000 people turned out to celebrate Leicester's open top bus parade through the city on May 16 and the players were visibly moved by the huge crowd. Simpson believes such a showing is sure to make a significant impact on players' mentalities.

'I told a few of them that,' said Simpson. 'We know we have top players in the team. We have seen the rumours and there will be people interested, but at the end of the day I hope they all stay.

'I don't think they will get this spirit anywhere else. Listen, you can go and play and win trophies at other teams but this group of players are so close and like a family. We hope we can keep dreaming and keep working hard.'

The right back added: 'I believe any of the players can go on to the top teams and play, but when the owners first took over they had a plan to get where they wanted to get to. We have probably done it a lot sooner than they wanted to but it is a special group of players and we want to kick on.'

it's ironic. The player who takes most stick as a person makes the most impassioned plea for unity.  I just hope his team-mates listen. The impression I get is that we're still considering last season as a one-off yet it should be the start of a long-lasting adventure.    

Gotta be honest, I'm actually bored of hearing about "team spirit" and "fairytale". How about the media focused more on dissecting the tactical success and why 4-4-2 worked for us.

I'd sooner we blocked all enquiries and kept it quiet. Ranieri could deflect analysis by saying how lucky we were and if this or that had happened we'd have lost and might never have been heard of apart from near the relegation zone! :)   

urgh he's so so bad.

Hes absolutely awful.

he's shite.

Bag of wank again

He's bloody awful

cretinous imbecile

I remember reading very similar comments about Vardy in his first season here!

No question that when Simpson and Fuchs came into the side for De Laet & Schlupp, the defense improved almost instantly. 

All of our players this season have a claim to be the player of the year, and Simpson is no exception. Again, huge credit goes to Ranieri and our coaching staff for his exceptional improvement.

Archived