Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kendal Fox

Allow me to explain, please...

Ok guys, please bear with me here. :unsure:
As some of you will be aware,  I recently completed and uploaded a song and video, paying tribute to this title winning team, the club and being an LCFC supporter in general. But I feel I rushed things last night, and, with some suggesting that the song's opening was like something out of the film "Altered States", I feel I need to properly explain the concept of the video if you will allow me...
Ok, so here goes -  Select members of the team - Huth, Morgan, Kante, Vardy and Mahrez are a Rock Band - their instrument role symbolic of their position and style of play on the field, with Ranieri the Record Producer (Manager).

So you have the Central Defence/Rhythm Section pairing of Huth on Drums and Morgan on Bass, Central midfielder/Synth man - Kante spanning the length of the pitch or, Keys in this case (!), Winger/Rhythm Guitarist with some flashy licks to spare - Mahrez and finally the Striker/Lead Guitarist - who else but Vardy... Also, as a 3 man backing vocal unit - Okazaki, Ulloa and Schlupp, with cameos from Kasper, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Kingy (couldn't leave him out!) and Albrighton for the songs' climax.

I have no problem admitting that Dave Henson's lyrics are more intelligently witty than mine and he obviously has a track record with his ditties throughout the years on Youtube - he has that guy next door/lifelong supporter hybridised with a comedic storyteller approach and intentionally lo-fi production. He is endearing and I get that.  But I've gone for a pretty high end production - aurally and visually - and feel my song is just as meaningful. I've tried to capture the essence of being a City fan as best I can, as an example, the middle 8 expresses the sentiment that, should the worst happen and we get relegated next season, it doesn't matter because we DID IT! *Well, it does matter and I have high hopes for us, but, you know what I mean!!*

All I can ask is, should any of you like what you see and hear, please could you take the time to log into a YT account and like, comment, etc. I'd really appreciate that and hopefully, you will feel it wasn't exactly the worst 4 minutes you've spent of your lives, maybe not the best but possibly fun. *Due to the detail throughout the song, particularly the players as a band, please watch in full screen and in HD if you can*
Whilst I worked through many an early hour over the video, it is essentially window dressing for the song - ultimately the most important aspect of the project and what I hope could be sung/chanted by fans on the terraces - Forgive me if that sounds narcissistic, it's meant from a good place. :/
*And yes, I'm the bloke looking like a tw@t with people walking behind me during the opening section of the song!*

Well, thanks if you've kept reading and I hope you enjoy. :)

post-24575-0-64403500-1464198182_thumb.j

Aw, thanks guys. If you like it, share, watch again, whatever you want.. :thumbup:

If truth be told I just wanted to give something back for what we've been given by the club, in particular this season, but also in general. It's been amazing and I'm still just coming back down to earth!!

If people can persevere beyond the so called "pot smoking" bit, I'm hopeful they'll feel the euphoria that I tried to capture. :revenge:

The other thing I forgot to add is that I animated certain sections of the crowd - so they mouth the words to some of the chorus - including a shot of my cousin who managed to get himself a backstage pass for Victoria Park last week. Lucky swine!

post-24575-0-67608100-1464197670_thumb.j

I think this is brilliant.

Shouldn't we have a thread where all of the tributes (videos, books, pictures, whatever) are posted. No comments, just a "bucket" where they can all go (good or bad), and we can dip in when we want.

I think this is brilliant.

Shouldn't we have a thread where all of the tributes (videos, books, pictures, whatever) are posted. No comments, just a "bucket" where they can all go (good or bad), and we can dip in when we want.

Thank you! I'm actually trying to respectfully (or as respectful as one can get when spamming) spam a few of the players twitter accounts with links to it!! Saying things like "Hey Jamie, you've been added to the latest edition of Guitar Hero, here's the link", etc. We'll see, I guess! Or perhaps I'll just get blocked!!

But I'm glad you liked it. It's a real grower if you play it a few times ;) hint, hint!

And yes, that sounds like a great idea. There is a music section, but of course that tends to be for more established, famous/semi-famous artists. But I'd happily place this in the "bucket" so to speak. :)

Ok guys, please bear with me here. :unsure:

As some of you will be aware,  I recently completed and uploaded a song and video, paying tribute to this title winning team, the club and being an LCFC supporter in general. But I feel I rushed things last night, and, with some suggesting that the songs opening was like something out of the film "Altered States", I feel I need to properly explain the concept of the video if you will allow me...

Ok, so here goes -  Select members of the team - Huth, Morgan, Kante, Vardy and Mahrez are a Rock Band - their instrument role symbolic of their position and style of play on the field, with Ranieri the Record Producer (Manager).

So you have the Central Defence/Rhythm Section pairing of Huth on Drums and Morgan on Bass, Central midfielder/Synth man - Kante spanning the length of the pitch or, Keys in this case (!), Winger/Rhythm Guitarist with some flashy licks to spare - Mahrez and finally the Striker/Lead Guitarist - who else but Vardy... Also, as a 3 man backing vocal unit - Okazaki, Ulloa and Schlupp, with cameos from Kasper, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Kingy (couldn't leave him out!) and Albrighton for the songs' climax.

I have no problem admitting that Dave Henson's lyrics are more intelligently witty than mine and he obviously has a track record with his ditties throughout the years on Youtube - he has that guy next door/lifelong supporter hybridised with a comedic storyteller approach and intentionally lo-fi production. He is endearing and I get that.  But I've gone for a pretty high end production - aurally and visually - and feel my song is just as meaningful. I've tried to capture the essence of being a City fan as best I can, as an example, the middle 8 expresses the sentiment that, should the worst happen and we get relegated next season, it doesn't matter because we DID IT! *Well, it does matter and I have high hopes for us, but, you know what I mean!!*

All I can ask is, should any of you like what you see and hear, please could you take the time to log into a YT account and like, comment, etc. I'd really appreciate that and hopefully, you will feel it wasn't exactly the worst 4 minutes you've spent of your lives, maybe not the best but possibly fun. *Due to the detail throughout the song, particularly the players as a band, please watch in full screen and in HD if you can*

Whilst I worked through many an early hour over the video, it is essentially window dressing for the song - ultimately the most important aspect of the project and what I hope could be sung/chanted by fans on the terraces - Forgive me if that sounds narcissistic, it's meant from a good place. :/

*And yes, I'm the bloke looking like a tw@t with people walking behind me during the opening section of the song!*

Well, thanks if you've kept reading and I hope you enjoy. :)

attachicon.gifjamie guitar ws.jpgattachicon.gifdrums 2.jpg

A Foxestalk poster conducts experiments on himself with a hallucinatory drug and an isolation chamber that may be causing him to regress genetically.

The creative process for this video? :ph34r:

The creative process for this video? :ph34r:

Ha ha!!! I nearly choked on my spag bol reading that quote!! :D :D :D That's from Altered States!!

Honestly all that was involved was my "straight" imagination and a lot of sifting through archives of the players headshots, lots of caffeine and the excruciating editing process. I promise!

Great sound and vision! Every video that has Schluppers in it automatically wins youtube in my book lol

Altered States, what a movie. This season would fit right into it :)

Thanks. I tried to make sure the production on both ends was complimentary... Ha ha, yeah Jeff is a character and then some. Let's hope he wins youtube literally and gets some traction with it!

You know, come to mention it, maybe the Altered States analogy for this song is not so bad after all?! 

Loved it ! Now if DJ Bravo or someone would remake/dub the Bravo's Champion song with the names of all the City players...

Here is just the instrumental if someone wants to add the voice for the Leicester Players...

Great work, my missus actually watched it too and it's the best City vid I've seen so again well done Kendal Fox.....

Up the City.......

Ah, thanks so much NewquayFox! I can't tell you how much it means (after the thrill and euphoria of this season of course!) if it puts a smile on a fellow foxes' face or two :D, that's what it's about! Feel free to watch it over and over until your missus is fed up of you!

Yep, up the city!

Loved it ! Now if DJ Bravo or someone would remake/dub the Bravo's Champion song with the names of all the City players...

Here is just the instrumental if someone wants to add the voice for the Leicester Players...

Thanks! That would be interesting for sure.

Must have been a huge amount of work you did! It is a catchy song and the video work is stupendous. Have you approached the club with it yet? I think it should be adopted officially - it's that good.

Thank you Gerbold!

There were times when I was wondering what the hell I was doing with this, whether it was worth this amount of work or not?! And it was excruciating at times - both the song recording and mixing as well as the video editing.

But alas, such was the exhilaration of this season and the contrast of that with what we were normally used to as City fans, I couldn't not see it through as the meaning and joy has just been too much to not document in the best way I personally know - which is in the form of a song.

Wow, I would love it if the club were to use this and the hookline is so easy for fans to sing at matches even if I do say so myself! But the thing is, I need to be able to make contact with an insider at the club that could help give the song a chance. Back, just after the Swansea win, I did speak to a lady (Donna) at the club but she said they'd been flooded with a slew of pretty mediocre "songs" so they were no longer accepting submissions for "support or release".

It's getting someone of influence in their marketing/media department to give it a view/listen I guess, but easier said than done when they are used to the majority of songs, though well meaning, being pretty poorly executed and bland. But I'm glad you and others enjoyed it - that's what it's about. :thumbup: Please, feel free to share with whomever you can, if you can! Thank you mate.

Archived