Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Kramaric to Hoffenheim

Big waste of money.

Never got the hype with him - so many on here give him so much more praise than he has ever earned in a Leicester shirt.

Yeah the over reaction crew.

The same that slagged Vardy Drinky and now suck up to them.

Really gutted that it didn't work out but I'm glad he's found a club that suits him.

All the best Andrej, always welcome at the KP.

Anyone know how much we got?

Any news on the fee?

I'd bet it will be one of those annoying "undisclosed". 

Probably got half of what we paid for him

According to the press it's a done deal, the lad is staying with Hoffenheim, no idea how much we get for this transfer as yet.

I reckon £4/5M. We probably didn't pay all the £9M or whatever it was when we bought him anyway so can't see us having lost a whole lot.

Reported 3mill

Yuck.

Hopefully we have a decent percentage of the sell on clause for that price considering he got a nomination for POTM in Germany and has a certain pedigree.

Ok, I hope I can put the rumours to bed. German football bi-weekly Kicker (an institution for decades and thus rather reliable) has the fee down as roughly 10 million Euro, which is about £7.5m.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/652691/artikel_1899-reinvestiert-volland-millionen_kramaric-bleibt.html

Not a bad player, but clearly not really cut out for a physical, high workrate, pressing game (tho neither is Leo). I think he will blossom in the right kind of team/system, and best of luck to him.

Comparing him to Akinbadbuy is harsh, no need for that.

Ok, I hope I can put the rumours to bed. German football bi-weekly Kicker (an institution for decades and thus rather reliable) has the fee down as roughly 10 million Euro, which is about £7.5m.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/652691/artikel_1899-reinvestiert-volland-millionen_kramaric-bleibt.html

That's wrong mate the fee is Deffo 3mill

That's wrong mate the fee is Deffo 3mill

How do you know this?

My guess is you're more likely to be right because I can't see Hoffenheim spending €10m on a player that didn't appear to be too much in demand and Leicester wanted rid of. I would have thought £3m with a decent sell on fee would be palatable by both clubs.

True, he was bought with a different view to the way we play... he was never going to fit in with our tactics now. Still think he could have been useful though, an impact player and maybe he could have worked on his strength and hold up play.

I imagine that the criteria that the scouting team is using to find potential targets this summer is different from last. Not because of reputations and the money available but we need players that suit our style.

As for him being an impact player, I'm not sure what one of those actually is. It takes a special kind of player to be regularly out of the team and used occasionally and I'm not sure that's a role that he could do. Even this year, Ulloa, who is far more experienced, struggled when he came on after a lengthy time watching.

Yeah the over reaction crew.

The same that slagged Vardy Drinky and now suck up to them.

They were dreadful though. I hate when people say this. The ones who slagged off Vardy at the time were correct cos he was rubbish. His first season here he was a headless chicken with a Sunday League haircut. Last season he was mainly a sub behind Nugent and Ulloa. There were people willing to drive him to West Bromwich for £5m at the time.

It's okay to criticise players who under perform. If they perform well the following season then they'll get their due praises. Or do you want us to suck off players non stop despite how shit they play, in case they might play better in the future?

Which means what exactly? I was talking about your clip of Kramaric.

Watch my lips.....If he was much good WE'D HAVE KEPT HIM....

You don't get rid of your record striker do you. ...?

How can I watch your lips you haven't started doing webcam again have you?

Dunno why people are comparing players.

Both are poor signings. That's it.

Kramaric came with a sort of expectation, rightly so given his record, but if this was a player we signed from a lower league then he'd be getting slated. 2 goals in 15 isn't good enough. Ok, maybe he wasn't given a chance and maybe 2 goals in 15 reflects that but it's just strange how Pearson rarely picked him and then Raneiri rarely picked him. That's two completely different managers.

Raneiri has proved himself enough, he isn't an idiot and I'm 100% sure he wouldn't just get rid of a decent forward. 

I ask again..were you saying any of this BEFORE we signed Akinbiyi?

As it happens yes.  Signing Akinbyi was a head in hands moment for me (like Benjamin, Lee Marshall etc etc) especially when Taylor managed to get fleeced of an extra 1.5mn just because Birmingham (a championship club) showed some interest.  He had hardly set the championship alight for Wolves.  

I doubt Kramaric started 3 games consecutively more than once where as Ade was the main man playing every game for two seasons. I can't believe people are comparing the two  :giggle: only on foxes talk. Kramaric is clearly a talented boy who will have a decent career at the the top level, just did not fit at Leicester. Ade was an awful player, like truly awful a mid table championship player at best.

Ha ha nice try! You don't have to believe me I just thought I would let everyone know.

Well, it was you who said "reported £3m", so it would be nice if you could back up your claim instead of trying to come across as ITK all the time.

Where were those alleged £3m reported then?

Well, it was you who said "reported £3m", so it would be nice if you could back up your claim instead of trying to come across as ITK all the time.

Where were those alleged £3m reported then?

Where has it ever been said I'm ITK all of the time? I have nothing to prove to you my friend I was just sharing some info.

You can think what you want but the fee is 3mill. You really think we got 7.5m like the report said? I can tell you we have not even paid that much for him!

The reported 9mil we paid was full of add ons we paid about 1/3 less than that so if you want to believe we made a profit of 1.5m on him then that's up to you I really could not care less what you think and as I said I have nothing to

Prove to you.someone here asked the fee and I responded.

City had agreed a deal that saw them pay £7.5 million and potentially rising to £9.7m, and although it wasn't a club record fee – Leonardo Ulloa's deal that brought him to the King Power Stadium from Brighton remains the club's record – it was still a substantial investment.

He scored five times in 15 games in a struggling Hoffenheim side while on loan and his performances have prompted the Bundesliga side to pay a reported £5 million.  City have made a loss but have recouped a large part of their outlay, while Kramaric is finally getting to be the main striker in a top league – a platform his talents deserve.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-transfer-news-went-wrong-Andrej/story-29324729-detail/story.html#ixzz49n50ThDY 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Good luck to the guy. He was true class before he got here and I hope he continues to be class at Hoffenhiem in a full time capacity now.

In short he was never really given a chance here at City yet showed glimpses of his potential in games like the away match at Arsenal last season and others - and was suitably the last scorer of last season's great escape season under Pearson in the 5-1 rout of QPR of course. Since that miracle escape of one year ago then everything to do with it has since been totally out shone by the brilliant achievements of the team as a whole this season and with it Kramaric in a 'forgotten man' manner if you like, despite being the club's record transfer barring what's been said about Ulloa being so. An odd one all around when you summarise everything to do with it from start to finish. Vardy was given chances galore to prove himself after the rigours of his first Championship season yet for reasons unknown Kramaric wasn't afforded the same opportunity in the league above.  

Archived