Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Daniel Amartey

It's very early days but I've not been impressed so far with Amartey. He seems a little overawed at this level and doesn't want the ball near him.

He looked good in Denmark and he's a great specimen for a footballer being tall and athletic but he needs time to develop and settle in.

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

What a performance from him yesterday.

We saw glimpses last season and preseason but is it too far of a leap to think he solves that problem next to Drinkwater?

Possibly yes. The opposition and the steel may have equated to a one off performance but everybody deserves a chance when it comes and he certainly took it. Let's see how he does against Liverpool and go from there.

Anyone else also encouraged that CR didn't take long to try it? It appears to me that he is loyal to players initially - gives them a game or two - but if they don't cut it, he makes the change. I was impressed he cut Inler so quickly when it wasn't working - he does something I hope Allardyce will do, which is to play the players that best suit the system and the ethos, & not necessarily the 'best' players. I suspect this is what is behind his (apparently) cautious buying policy - ok they're mustard, will they be mustard in our team?

19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Anyone else also encouraged that CR didn't take long to try it? It appears to me that he is loyal to players initially - gives them a game or two - but if they don't cut it, he makes the change. I was impressed he cut Inler so quickly when it wasn't working - he does something I hope Allardyce will do, which is to play the players that best suit the system and the ethos, & not necessarily the 'best' players. I suspect this is what is behind his (apparently) cautious buying policy - ok they're mustard, will they be mustard in our team?

Spot on. I've noticed that too. That was something I thought Pearson didn't always do. For instance, he insisted on playing Cambiasso every game, during that run of what 22 games without a win? With Drinkwater sitting on the bench week after week after week whilst we just continued to leak goals.

Is that 'leading with the chin' do you think?

lol 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on. I've noticed that too. That was something I thought Pearson didn't always do. For instance, he insisted on playing Cambiasso every game, during that run of what 22 games without a win? With Drinkwater sitting on the bench week after week after week whilst we just continued to leak goals.

Is that 'leading with the chin' do you think?

lol 

I am afraid it is - it's also using what I said for your own self-promotional purposes, which is your funeral, but misguided imho

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am afraid it is - it's also using what I said for your own self-promotional purposes, which is your funeral, but misguided imho

No you get me wrong mate. I do agree with you. But I also think what I wrote was right. Leading from the chin can mean writing what you feel to be correct, knowing it won't be popular. But writing it anyway.

One of the real plus points of Ranieri has been exactly what you said...he's been wiling to change it about, to experiment and then to change it again if something needed changing. However good Pearson was for LCFC, he didn't always do this enough IMO. Especially in the Prem season. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

No you get me wrong mate. I do agree with you. But I also think what I wrote was right. Leading from the chin can mean writing what you feel to be correct, knowing it won't be popular. But writing it anyway.

One of the real plus points of Ranieri has been exactly what you said...he's been wiling to change it about, to experiment and then to change it again if something needed changing. However good Pearson was for LCFC, he didn't always do this enough IMO. Especially in the Prem season. 

I am with you on all of that, yes - I just want you to avoid getting grief for bringing the whole Pearson/Cambiasso thing up (for example), because it's been done to death. You just have a writing style (and perhaps I do too at times) that provokes unwelcome responses, rather than inviting rational & calm argument.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think that was slightly forced because of the injury to Mendy but now he's had his chance and taken it with both hands.  To me he always was the best replacement off NK and I'm glad it's started so well. I still think one day James will come back and be vying for that spot.  DD is perhaps the one we need to find good cover for ...   He has become so important to us now.

Just now, Countryfox said:

I think that was slightly forced because of the injury to Mendy but now he's had his chance and taken it with both hands.  To me he always was the best replacement off NK and I'm glad it's started so well. I still think one day James will come back and be vying for that spot.  DD is perhaps the one we need to find good cover for ...   He has become so important to us now.

I was referring to King really

Guest CityFan 06

I reiterate what I said yesterday. Very promising display from Daniel.

Outstanding today. Won possession back on many occasions, calm & collected on the ball, fantastic energy in the middle of the park. This chap is only 21, and to put in a performance like that demonstrates what a good player we could have on our hands, he's only going to get better and better too. Originally I said we are ok for centre midfielders this summer, I'm starting to think that again. 

Archived