Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Do They Owe Us?

With all the talk of players going (not saying any will)

But if some do how do you feel.

To me Vardy Drinky Mahrez and Kante we made you jasper as well to a point.

So my point is if they (any of them) walk for the gold do you welcome them back.

Me in the words of NP road.

Hero's yes but a true hero in my book would stay and fight not run for bucks.

So my point is if they (any of them) walk for the gold do you welcome them back.

Do you think any of them would be the first player in history to leave a club that has played a key role in developing a player.

Wake up and smell modern football.

It's their job.

If a company approaches you and says "hey we'll give you 5k more for you to do the same job" what are you going to do?

Do you think any of them would be the first player in history to leave a club that has played a key role in developing a player.

Wake up and smell modern football.

But we did not just develope we won a top league.

And I know I do not have to point out to you where they all come from.

If it is money over respect (for the club) why should we respect them for walking away.

But we did not just develope we won a top league.

And I know I do not have to point out to you where they all come from.

If it is money over respect (for the club) why should we respect them for walking away.

Well actually they won a top league, we watched. If anything I'd say we owe them.

I'm sure they have respect for the club maybe they will all stay, however if they choose a different career path I'm certainly not going to hold it against them they all have ambitions of their own.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if any of them leave as I really believe there's another season left in this team. However, they all played their part in the most momentous season in the history of our club and I felt privileged to be able to watch them. Always be the Immortals to me whatever happens.

It's their job.

If a company approaches you and says "hey we'll give you 5k more for you to do the same job" what are you going to do?

If forest or derby picked me up from nothing payed me 40k a week and we won the prem I would respect that.

At least for one more season.

But I would move to city fo 5k less ☺

But we have a vested interest and a love of the club.

To them it's a job.

I want them to stay. Want them to see what they can do next year. Cl and Pl.

But if you work at pukka pies and samworth brothers offer you 50k a week more for the same role. Do you stay.

Do you ****.

Very few players owe us. They have done their job and are paid for it and we try to support them in any way possible to help them to do that job.

The football club is Leicester city and the players will just past through. But it's great when some and recently so many more take a place in our hearts.

They don't owe us, but i'd be somewhat disappointed if anyone (of note) left, give us another year, or at very least till January - see where we are then if we're not doing brilliant, mid table, just below mid table (Which i'd be disappointed with) then ok, of you go, which would be sad but you could understand it.

But we are Champions of England, we are in the Champions League, barr money, at this moment in time I don't see what any other club could offer them, because if they left to go to a bigger club they wouldn't play week in, week out like they do here.

Like I say, give it another year, then reassess the situation.

It's their job.

If the climate, co-workers, expectations, location and responsibilities don't align with my desires - I'm not signing. 

We might be beat by some locations and pay checks, but I have trouble seeing who will top us elsewhere. 

For all the panic on here the club has already made the most important signings in keeping Ranieiri, Shaky and Walshy. It would hard to hold anything against any of the "star players" as they have all helped catapult the City to the top table and if sold would reap handsome profits for the club. None of our players are destitute, maybe a young left back may argue but if he signs his new contract he should be a millionaire by his early 20's something not many apprentices can say. There is nothing to indicate us not having a very content and happy squad. We are also the best team in the country we did not just fluke the league last year by 10pts. Many of our journeymen players have proved to be anything but. The improvement within our squad and the confidence from this has really boosted the players but it is a team game.

Last pre season our manager had gone and our star Midfielder was going with the other midfield lynch pin injured. The club came out and asked for us to trust them, the owners had even claimed that we would be getting into Europe and spending big bucks and the went and brought in a journeyman manager sacked by Greece. Plenty of owners have come into clubs claiming to do this that and the other and some have bought success, Man City and Chelsea but nobody with a club the size of Leicester. Any mistakes were rectified and the club has delivered beyond the fans wildest dreams. Some may claim we don't have the best players, or we don't have the best team, what we do have though is he best club from Top (vIchai actually) down to the bottom. The players must be very well aware that this is something special and if some are not wanting to stay and be part of this others will be brought in so lets not worry about gossip and rumours, lets look forward to games against the likes of PSG and Barcelona, the Champions league draw and the Charity Shield lets take comfort in if we go abroad on holiday people recognise our shirts and know our players or even if they cant pronounce it Americans knowing of Leicester.

No they don't owe us. What could they possibly give us that we haven't already got from them?

I'd like to think there's a mutual respect between us and this team that will last beyond their time here.

But we have a vested interest and a love of the club.

To them it's a job.

I want them to stay. Want them to see what they can do next year. Cl and Pl.

But if you work at pukka pies and samworth brothers offer you 50k a week more for the same role. Do you stay.

Do you ****.

I don't get this argument though. Who's going to be passionate about making Pukka Pies?

If you're not passionate about playing football I'd say there's something wrong with you. It's not remotely comparable to normal jobs. I don't believe that our players haven't been emotionally involved in the story this season, how they've inspired people and it's clear there's a camaraderie in the squad. (Quite frankly I can't see them getting that at Arsenal, what a bunch of unfunny tools they come across as).

People who are stuck in dead end shit careers like most of us forget that some people actually do something they love for a living and something where their financial situation is not a worry. That's different.

Besides, job satisfaction is paramount. Even rich people can get depressed in the wrong environment you know. Life is not all about money and just because you're a footballer does not mean you're made of stone.

They don't owe us, but i'd be somewhat disappointed if anyone (of note) left, give us another year, or at very least till January - see where we are then if we're not doing brilliant, mid table, just below mid table (Which i'd be disappointed with) then ok, of you go, which would be sad but you could understand it.

But we are Champions of England, we are in the Champions League, barr money, at this moment in time I don't see what any other club could offer them, because if they left to go to a bigger club they wouldn't play week in, week out like they do here.

Like I say, give it another year, then reassess the situation.

Think this sums up my feelings on things. I felt, 4 or 5 weeks ago, should we have blown things at the 11th hour that perhaps the likes of Kante and Mahrez might have gone, and I wouldn't have begrudged them. But if we held on to clinch the title, had a hunch they'd be happy to give it 1 more season, or at least as you say, till Jan should we be in a disappointing position.

Also, both will still only be 26-ish after another year with us - That's still potentially another 4 or 5 seasons they could enjoy at the top of their game at other, bigger clubs.

I'd like to think they'll stay, but at the same time, though I'd be gutted, I'd respect their decision if they went as they've etched a monumental, magnum opus of an achievement into the club's history books. So, no, they don't owe us, really.

Is it not that the fans owe them?

They are individuals doing a job that won Leicester the league. If they want to move on, it's their choice and decision - and they should all be welcomed back as hero's whatever the future may hold.

Remember all of the talk of not wanting mercenaries at the club? And the cohesion our club has from being the rejects and having more to prove and play for than just a paycheck? Claudio has been talking about not wanting unhappy players for months. If players would rather be playing somewhere else, we should let them move on and fill their spots with those who want to wear our kit. I get that no one wants to say goodbye to Mahrez or Kanté as they're absurdly talented and that they're professionals and should be giving their all every time their on their pitch but at no time should be ever put their desire to play for us in doubt.

Guest Cujek

If they leave the only reason is money, if they leave for that then they are more than welcome to FOAD for all I care, good riddance.

We can then replace with people who want to play here.

Josh Low owes us

Momo Sylla owes us

Lee Marshall owes us

This lot owe us nothing. They went above and beyond what was expected of them and delivered a premier league trophy to our city. For the majority of them a move wouldn't be beneficial for their playing career. If they do move they'll still be idolised and heroes

Archived