Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Really? Because it's bloody difficult to finish when you haven't got the discipline to play up front. The most disappointing thing about yesterday was that Sturridge sat in front of Dier, leaving Vardy up front on his own. We know how Vardy plays, and Sturridge followed the Rooney model of years gone by: dropped too deep, was ineffective where he was and left anyone playing up isolated. Vardy wasn't in it much, but pretty much every touch was spot on. If Wilshere and Henderson had started off, we'd have been a much much better team with some attaching intent-as it was, Vardy was marked out of the game by two decent centre backs. I don't see what more he could have done...

Your right in one thing Vardy wasn't in it much simply because as I said it wasn't his type of game. His game is about movement and getting across players using his pace. As you rightly said he was pretty well marshalled by their centre backs. Which is why he should have been taken off not Sturridge. Sturridge is a more refined finisher and more used to tight spaces. He's also very comfortable with the Ball.

If your going to play Vardy then you have to create space for him to play in which is why I said their was no leadership on or off the field. Never once did England back off and let  Slovakia come onto them, Then hit them on the counter. That's what good teams do invite you into a false sense of security then strike. When the players don't do it then it's up to the manager to tell them which just proves how inept Roy and his Coaches are.

As usual they've been in a handy group again at a major championship and lo and behold they come out of it again with the handy game against Iceland. They'll get to the Semi's now and Roy will claim they're doing ok. What a load of rubbish. 

Not only Drinky, but any two of  Albrighton, Noble and Townsend would have been far more inspired choices than those two. Oh, sorry, I forgot, none of them play for spuds, man ure, arsenal, liverpool, chelski or man city.

100% right. I stayed up until 4am watching that turgid crap when sleep would have been a far better option.

I hope that match has hit home to Vardy how lucky he is to be at a club, and team, that believe in him and play to his strengths. 

As for hodgson, he is a totally inept manager on £5M a year who has achieved very little. How he justifies such a wage is beyond me. But he's a great yes man for the FA. A safe option, rather than someone who may say the occasional embarrassing comment, but might actually get us somewhere. Don't think it will get any better because the next manager will be the same type.

Thanks,

Yes Vardy would be mad to leave us. It's all in place for him here despite him not being the greatest of players. 

As for the FA, Roy and his staff. Not one of them coached a top team. Neville at least played in a top team but crashed when he tried Management.

Then we have Southgate waiting in the wings. Roys bus pass doesn't allow him go beyond Watford. Need I say more.

It does make a certain amount of sense. Vardy has played the right field role for LC when Ulloa was the front man. Vardy has a good record at assists, Kane doesn't do assists. Vardy has a better scoring record than Lallana who in all his 20+ Internationals stands currently on 0.Still, 4th game into the tournament and the manager doesn't know his best team, what chance is there?

Yet again another team that Vardy could tear a new one and he chucks him out wide. When will Roy realise that it's the style of play that is the issue not the player you play as you CF. When no one picks out the attacking runs then we will never score goals.

Iceland will have to come at us. This isn't the group stages anymore and when they do Vardy would be lethal in the CF role on the counter. Kane is slow and negative, he will either blast it from 40 yards or pass it backwards, we need players to drive forward and stop slowing the play down.

Just seen this on the BBC Sports news gossip column:

Wayne Rooney has advised England's less experienced players and their partners to avoid social media and to keep a low profile before Monday's last-16 match. It is understood the captain and other senior players have spoken to Jamie Vardy about the prominence of his new wife, Rebekah, in the media. (The Times - subscription only)

Yet again another team that Vardy could tear a new one and he chucks him out wide. When will Roy realise that it's the style of play that is the issue not the player you play as you CF. When no one picks out the attacking runs then we will never score goals.

Iceland will have to come at us. This isn't the group stages anymore and when they do Vardy would be lethal in the CF role on the counter. Kane is slow and negative, he will either blast it from 40 yards or pass it backwards, we need players to drive forward and stop slowing the play down.

You made out you had an idew about football. You genuielnely think Iceland arent already hoping for 0 0 and pens?

You made out you had an idew about football. You genuielnely think Iceland arent already hoping for 0 0 and pens?

But we need to draw these teams out with quicker passing. If we play like we did the other night than all we are doing is allowing them to regroup 11 men behind the ball. I highly doubt Iceland will defend for the whole 90 mins, no team we have played have (despite the excuses, teams have made their own chances against us), we need to be less casual and break quickly when the chance comes up, we did it once in the last game, and Vardy ended up 1 vs 1, then we stopped doing it. If Kane plays down the centre then we will completely stifle any paced attacks immediately. I think we will be very suprised the Iceland outfit that comes at us, they have been quite clinical.

Just seen this on the BBC Sports news gossip column:

Wayne Rooney has advised England's less experienced players and their partners to avoid social media and to keep a low profile before Monday's last-16 match. It is understood the captain and other senior players have spoken to Jamie Vardy about the prominence of his new wife, Rebekah, in the media. (The Times - subscription only)

If true, he's got a point.

She's the only WAG we've been hearing about.

As poor as Vardy is out wide in comparison to down the center. After what I have seen from Sterling for about 12 months now, I'd say he will offer much more of a threat anyway. Man, imagine if Demarai was in this squad. He'd be first choice every game.

A international manager going into a major tournament should know his best formation, and the best players to fill those roles.

Hodgson appears to be still experimenting, and still unsure who his best 11 is, and we have looked seriously lacking due to this.

England has an abundance of talent at present, and could and should be better, a shame most of the in form players have been left at home.

No chance of Vardy playing for England again under hodgson after agreeing his new contract! Woy wouldn't want a player from Leicester in his team...after all, what have they ever done in comparison to Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool? 

Apparently it's Sterling on the right, Sturridge on the left and Kane through the middle. Lallana dropped to the bench.

Hodgson really is just clutching at straws here isn't he? He has no idea what his best team is. 4 games, 4 different starting line-ups, doesn't exactly instill confidence in the players or the fans does it?

I guess it is likely that we England will have loads of possession - and we look the worst as we try and break down a nicely parked bus... and Iceland will know they will get chances. WE are likely to be pinging crosses... so while Vardy wouldn't get the over the top balls on a counter attack in this game yet I think he would win the race to get  to the ball in the 6 yrd box.  I expect vardy to com e on at half time. Hodgson should be sacked now.  Tonight he should not play Stirling- he should play rashford. Kane score from the edge of the box - I doubt he will get many such chances. I would start Vardy, rashford and Sturridge.

Apparently it's Sterling on the right, Sturridge on the left and Kane through the middle. Lallana dropped to the bench.

Hodgson really is just clutching at straws here isn't he? He has no idea what his best team is. 4 games, 4 different starting line-ups, doesn't exactly instill confidence in the players or the fans does it?

Thought Lallana has played well so far.

Thought Lallana has played well so far.

I've got to agree. He takes some stick sometimes, but he's actually been one of our better players this tournament. To drop him now and put Sterling back in just seems madness.

Archived