Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Bunch of yes men in charge. We're playing an outdated style of football with players who obviously don't know what is actually expected of them. We need someone fresh in, someone progressive, someone who's going to pick a team based on togetherness and fight rather than the safest options because we're going nowhere with this clown in charge. They won't though because the FA need a yes man to make life easy for them and keep the media sweet. Someone like Allardyce might not be popular but he'll have this team playing to their strengths, which in my opinion is counter attacking, with wingers I might add. None of this fitting players in where they don't belong nonsense. Get Eddie Howe in, **** it, take a bloody chance. Sick of these journeymen popping up and doing nothing, making us look a laughing stock. I can't remember the last time an England side looked a threat in an actual competition, they always look lost to me. Have done for a decade at least.

Guest Mee-9

It really shows you how poor Hodgson is a manager, and how great even Ranieri is.

Vardy's gunna be mugged off and pushed out wide.

Nailed it. I've been saying those results to a few people for a while.

Woy got it wrong big time today. That was never a diamond. Rooney played to far forward making him a cf almost. Wasting mouth breather and vardy. Alli was clearly under the impression it was a diamond tho as he was stood out with vardy for most the 1st half.

Shocking. Out by qf.

I have been thinking the same set of results - might put money on it.

I fell asleep during the game last night. Woke up to the wife watching Love it or List it - far more entertaining.

Well that was a waste of my evening.

Against an ageing Portugese back four did we EVER play to Vardy and Kane's strengths.

Rooney is NOT Pirlo, we don't have a midfielder capable of playing a telling pass.

Feel sorry for you Jamie, Danny I think you got lucky, ****ing clueless approach by England tonight.

Thanks ... summed it up nicely from my perspective as well, bloody hopeless against an average ten man side. Good job smallings header hit the target!

He actually said that? lol

I turned it off after the final whistle.

I turned off after after 15 minutes. It was obvious Vardy was stuck on the left wing (knew it!) and the style of football was dire. No passion, no excitement and no thought. Hodgson is so out of his depth it's amazing he can command a £5m a year job. Shows just how clueless the FA are.

Vardy will be a ruined player if he continues under Hodgson. It's very worrying. I bet Drinky's dancing with glee he wasn't picked!!

Deserves to be sacked after that shower last night. What was he thinking?

Ali, Milner and Dier has to be one of the worst midfield three's of all time. I like Ali and Dier, but in that setup they were completely nullified, Rooney wasn't even bridging the gap between them both and just decided to play as a CF, Roy's tactics I fear.

Then you've got two prolific strikers who have 50 goals between them this season, tracking back vs full backs and wingers. What is the ****ing point Roy? He's somehow taking us backwards the closer the tournament gets. Bizarre.

I would not be against sacking him now. Completely lost it.

The seasons most prolific goalscorers played on the wings with Rooney in the middle, a position he doesn't play for his club (as he can't cut it anymore) AND he does f**k all at finals. What made it worse was the England players, esp Kane, appear to be refusing to pass to Vardy. Woy has made it abundantly clear he doesn't like or respect Vardy and this, along with the Spuds influence in the team makes it look like he is being sidelined.    

England are an absolute joke. I miss watching Leicester already, I miss watching a team.

If a club put out a performance like that. I.e. United against someone like plymouth or Exeter then the chairman woukd be seriously looking to replace the manager. The players looked like they didnt know where to be and what their responsibilities were, the amount of times Vardy had to come back and cover the midfield because Rooney didnt do any tracking back was embarrassing.

Then when the subs came on they were pointing fingers all over the place. Not really knowing where to go. I swear they just went stuff it ill donwhat i want and ironically as a result we started playing better.

That possession game we played in the firt half was tripe. No pentration at all, we didnt even look like scoring. Not tommention that we let portugal have 3 free headers, missed those threats did you Roy. How anyone can say that was a good performance is baffling.

I just find it incredible how badly we can mess up having the two premier league top goal scorers playing for England. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vardy benched, and that is just criminal in my eyes. Roy needs to get a grip.

....better still.. A noose!

A lot of crap being spoken on the media re Vardy's game. All great goal scorers have a style, the most prolific don't usually touch the ball 6 times before shooting. Allan, Cottee, Rush, Speedie, Aldridge, etc

Lineker played a similar style to Vardy, history speaks for itself.

Despite Venables recognizing this Cruyff thought it would be a good idea to play him wide in his time at Barcelona........end of Linekers Barcelona career.

Vardy is going to be dropped to accommodate Rooney.

The fusty old owl faced Woy needs to go, and is hopefully sacked after we inevitably flop in the Euros.

I'd offer the job to Eddie Howe. Excellent young manager. Why not try something revolutionary?

Still it could be worse... Danny Mills could be England manager.

Mills really is a knob.

Listening to him yday he really dislikes City and Vardy.

Had Vardy LAST as a striker in a list of Kane,sturridge,Rooney and Rashford..ALL of them in front of Vardy,!

Fair enough no matter what we think of him Ksnr deserves his no1 status as top dog BUT the other 4???

When I seen the initial line up I though, just what we needed Rooney in the hole and vardy and kane up front.

How wrong was I.

Tactics and formation were totally wrong by Roy.

He should have seen this after 20 mins but no he carries on.

Right players wrong system.

Hoddle said when sterling to come on that we needed pace.....we had pace on the pitch but Roy wasn't utilising what he has to get the best out of our players.

That formation was to accommodate Rooney, and it didn't work.

Vardy and Kane upfront is So obvious, we can all see it but Roy can't.

Even Rashford gets a start upfront.

Playing a 50 goal strike force on the wings....tactical genius!!

Sooner were put out our misery and Roy gets the chop the better.

I honestly would rather see Vardy on the bench than see him on the left wing tracking back again. It was painful to watch. I'm still baffled by last night's shower. Kane is a 6'2 prolific striker so why on earth is he taking corners? If a club manager made his most dangerous striker take corners the fans would go apeshit. Imagine if Lewandowski took corners for Bayern. Heads would be rolling in Bavaria.

Vardy might as well get his factor 30 on and get ready to sit on the bench. No chance he will start why don't he just pick the team / formation from the second half of the Germany game?! best we have played in ages.

Archived