Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Does anyone else find Alan Smith really annoying?

Smith was a good player for us but I remember going down to Filbert St watching him along side Lineker and compared to Lineker he was a total donkey. We used to talk about him as "Donkey Smith". I remember in one of the program notes he said his ambition was to play for England and myself and my mates thought he was joking.

When Lineker left for Everton Smith then came into his own but was always nothing better than good.Maybe he remembers this perception we had of him.

Another similar although not as good for us as Smith was Mark Bright, again he has no feeling for us and has in fact said he hated the racist atmosphere he felt when playing at Filbo in the 80's.

Are we talking about "ex-Leicester forward" Alan Smith, previously known as "ex-Arsenal forward" Alan Smith?

He is like the Sunderland of pundits.  Always hanging around at the bottom of the list but stays around virtue of there always being 3 or 4 worse than him.

Smith was a good player for us but I remember going down to Filbert St watching him along side Lineker and compared to Lineker he was a total donkey. We used to talk about him as "Donkey Smith". I remember in one of the program notes he said his ambition was to play for England and myself and my mates thought he was joking.

When Lineker left for Everton Smith then came into his own but was always nothing better than good.Maybe he remembers this perception we had of him.

Another similar although not as good for us as Smith was Mark Bright, again he has no feeling for us and has in fact said he hated the racist atmosphere he felt when playing at Filbo in the 80's.

Did he? I wonder why  :blink:

Another "he talked bad about Leicester" sob sob hater then.

No. You are missing the point. If he was balanced and fair that would be acceptable, but it became obvious he did not want us to win the title if possible AND his Arsenal bias is almost verging on Hoddle's toward Spurs.

With regard the the latter it's now gone past laughable, and become unprofessional.

Wrong with the WE. Like myself many fans did rate him!!!. No way a donkey, and above avg

goalscoring record.

Has many a pundit, they are like marmite, either you like them or loath them.

Of all the pundits, its only Mills and G.Crookes, I have total contempt, simply because their

allround valuation of, situations, players, teams, clubs is downright pathetic its contemptable.

They come out has two miserable human beings...

The rest are doing their jobs, one doesnt need to always agree, to make them likeable.

Criticising them on being bias, is a little stupid...we are all bloody bias, we are fans.

Very few play the neutral card...Henry maybe the exception.

Dont forget even our bestmates have varying and differentiating views to ourselves,

we are all experts at making a pundit or bestmates looklike dipsticks, its we just forget

to look in the mirror occasionally..

Well anyone with half a football brain and that includes all the players in that team viewed Smudger as the most skillful player in the side! So you and your donkey mates must have been licking too many toads.

The year after Lineker left Gary Mac was without question the most skilful player in a team that were relegated so wrong there toad boy . Donkey then , now and forever.

As a pundit he is dour, witless, boring and to top it biased towards Arsenal at every opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

How would he improve his football at Arsenal . We're the best team in the land broke the record scored 24 . In a team playing to his strengths. No go Arsenal sit on bench play as a winger for Wenger score less one season wonder a flop . Glad vardy listened to people who have a interest in him to succeed. His team mates his manager top . Rant over oh sod it take a look at yourself smith you plonker

Guest seanfox778

He's just wrote that as a bitter Arsenal fan. Jamie would have just got a bottler mentality joining them, hope he gets a hat trick v Arsenal in August.

I don't think he would've improved massively at Arsenal, this year was his big improvement year in terms of confidence and quality in front of goal. Neat flicks, composed finishes- all were in missing for most of 2014/15. The more laboured, possession style of Arsenal would've mean a host of different type of chances and I could've seen many frustrating matches.

How is sitting on the bench which is likely to be what would happen going to improve him? I feel totally vindicated in my previous comments , Smith is too biased towards Arsenal and had no feelings towards LCFC despite us being his breakthrough club. He is not doing a good job of endearing himself to Foxes fans !!

If Arsenal's players are better than ours , why does Wenger keep trying to replace his team of perennial losers with our champions ??

In answer to the thread title , yes he is annoying me !!!

Archived