Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

‘Champions’ Season Review - On Sale From Friday

I am a season review freak yet even standing in line waiting for Celtic tickets I looked at the review and just remembered this thread and what everyone said. I might wait and get the Blu-Ray when it's released for my collection but I'm gutted that it's turned out to be a disappointment. The lack of context and the fact they genuinely have seemed to skip from the United game to Everton game is really annoying. Plus from one someone has said there's a lack of original commentary.

They've turned the crowd noise down as well. Why?

Soon I'm going to work out how to get the stuff I've taped off the tv onto my laptop and edit it into a good review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've already seen the goals a few times like most of us have it's just a plain boring watch actually.

The 90s ones on the other hand I can still watch over and over again.

Huge difference in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest seanfox778

Pre ordered the Blu-Ray but from the comments on here it sounds like a bit of a let down, can't believe no Bocelli... At least we'll have YouTube for that but that is outrageous not to include it.

I can't believe I'm thinking of NOT buying the DVD review of our title winning season, but after the comments on here I'm definitely thinking twice before ordering it. Could someone give us a bit of information about how much of each game they show? I saw it mentioned that there were 'extensive' highlights from every game (I think that was in an advert) - but just how extensive?? If there's, say, four or five non-goal clips for every game I'll definitely buy it. If it's mostly the goals and very little else I might skip it. If anyone could spare a few minutes to give us a bit of detail from a couple of games it would be really helpful.

For example, for the West Brom home game, in addition to the goals, I'd hope they have at least Vardy's first half header that hit the bar, Shinji hitting the bar after the break and Morgan's late chance.   

There's a big stand at Sainsbury's, Fosse Park with loads available earlier (when you go past the white security things, it's on the left next to the beers).

However, I had to show my I.D. to buy it for some reason.

I.D to buy a dvd in a supermarket? lol

What's the world coming too?

I paid for it at the counter along with my food shopping.

I told them I was 24, but she said I had to 'look 25' to buy it without being i.ded.. lol

There's a big stand at Sainsbury's, Fosse Park with loads available earlier (when you go past the white security things, it's on the left next to the beers).

However, I had to show my I.D. to buy it for some reason.

Because of the numerous rapes we commited last season it is explicit viewing.

Did you order Blu Ray? That wont be delivered until July

Probably knowing me lol.

I paid for it at the counter along with my food shopping.

I told them I was 24, but she said I had to 'look 25' to buy it without being i.ded.. lol

This 'you've got to look 25' is bollocks. If you're 18 you're old enough to buy booze,18dvds, so why do you need to look 7 years older?

Must've been a jobsworth who served you, I'd have left my shopping on the conveyor belt and walked out, asdas over the road so it's not the only shop.

This 'you've got to look 25' is bollocks. If you're 18 you're old enough to buy booze,18dvds, so why do you need to look 7 years older?

Must've been a jobsworth who served you, I'd have left my shopping on the conveyor belt and walked out, asdas over the road so it's not the only shop.

I don't think you understand the concept... If you've got to just look over 18 to not be ID'ed then there's a good chance a 15, 16 or 17 year old could get served and then the cashier loses their job and gets a criminal conviction. If you've got to look over 25 then you're not going to mistakenly serve anyone under age, are you? The policy protects both the company and the checkout operator.

Leaving your shopping and storming out in a huff would make you look a right self centred pretentious nob and would only inconvenience you lol

I don't think you understand the concept... If you've got to just look over 18 to not be ID'ed then there's a good chance a 15, 16 or 17 year old could get served and then the cashier loses their job and gets a criminal conviction. If you've got to look over 25 then you're not going to mistakenly serve anyone under age, are you? The policy protects both the company and the checkout operator.

Leaving your shopping and storming out in a huff would make you look a right self centred pretentious nob and would only inconvenience you lol

Well it's a good job I grew up long before this nonsense came in then.

Well it's a good job I grew up long before this nonsense came in then.

If you're leaving your shopping and walking off in a little hissy fit, just because someone has asked for your ID, then I'm not sure you'd be considered grown up haha.

I can't believe I'm thinking of NOT buying the DVD review of our title winning season, but after the comments on here I'm definitely thinking twice before ordering it. Could someone give us a bit of information about how much of each game they show? I saw it mentioned that there were 'extensive' highlights from every game (I think that was in an advert) - but just how extensive?? If there's, say, four or five non-goal clips for every game I'll definitely buy it. If it's mostly the goals and very little else I might skip it. If anyone could spare a few minutes to give us a bit of detail from a couple of games it would be really helpful.

For example, for the West Brom home game, in addition to the goals, I'd hope they have at least Vardy's first half header that hit the bar, Shinji hitting the bar after the break and Morgan's late chance.

Sadly @@kushiro it is mostly just the goals. Some, and it's not many, show 1 near miss or relevant event (Simpson's sending off against Arsenal, for instance.)

The club should give us (FoxesTalkers) the rights to the footage; I'm sure we'd come up with something much better!

Sadly @@kushiro it is mostly just the goals. Some, and it's not many, show 1 near miss or relevant event (Simpson's sending off against Arsenal, for instance.)

The club should give us (FoxesTalkers) the rights to the footage; I'm sure we'd come up with something much better!

That's a shame. I'll buy it anyway just because, but I expected more from the DVD.

Archived