Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

‘Champions’ Season Review - On Sale From Friday

There's a big stand at Sainsbury's, Fosse Park with loads available earlier (when you go past the white security things, it's on the left next to the beers).

However, I had to show my I.D. to buy it for some reason.

ID? Must be something to do with those Huth & Wasyl tackles!

i havent seen this but it got a couple of very negative views on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leicester-City-Football-Club-Champions/dp/B01F96U1FS/ref=sr_1_1_twi_dvd_3_twi_blu_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466179726&sr=8-1&keywords=leicester+city#customerReviews

if you get it..post and let us know what you think??

I'm assuming you've not read the three pages? lol

i havent seen this but it got a couple of very negative views on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leicester-City-Football-Club-Champions/dp/B01F96U1FS/ref=sr_1_1_twi_dvd_3_twi_blu_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466179726&sr=8-1&keywords=leicester+city#customerReviews

if you get it..post and let us know what you think??

It's literally a couple of negative reviews - 2 out of 7. lol That's not really indicative of how good or bad the DVD really is, isn't it?

I have just watched it and I have to say that the BBC documentary with Gary Lineker and the NBC one (even though that was done before the end of the season) are both far better in putting everything into context and giving an impression of the dimension of the achievement. This is basically just the goals from every game and a couple of other incidents; to call them 'extensive highlights' is very misleading. There are no extracts from the press conferences, no coverage of how the expectations changed over the season and how the story captured the imagination of the world.

So disappointed with this fiasco.

I get the DVD, sit down to watch it eager to see how we did last season, put the DVD in that is in the normal DVD 1 section e.g the left hand side of the case, load it up and the first thing that comes on? Trophy presentation! Fuming doesn't fully explain this, the ending is spoiled and my sunder morning ruined.

Thais out.

I think Berlin fox summed it up wonderfully. They could have done so much more with this dvd. The greatest sport story and it just does not come across. As city fans you will want it in your collection but it really does not carry the excitement, the nervousness, the build up to our victory. it is a really a dvd collection of goals. Even the everton match build up Andrea singing is not captured (maybe sky TV rights - who knows perhaps same reason why pre/post-match conferences are not on) the trophy presentation is good and the team walking around etc. Just wished linekar company goalhanger was tasked to put this one together aswell. Could have really made a truly golden moment. I can see the price for this dvd coming right down and lots of nearly new used sales in a few weeks.

How many people got this for Fathers Day?

Got my Father it who watched some of it last night.

He said it was moreorless only the goals and would've liked more coverage about our rise/global recognition after a positively shocking season.

Perhaps the cover of the DVD, and then viewing it has made it somewhat of an anti-climax.

Just finished watching this, yes it could have been better but it was 200mins long, include everything and it would be on for hours!

None of the drama, heart stopping moments, but shows all the goals from all matches with some near misses, good coverage of the presentation and parade, a little disappointed with the Tunnel cam although I found the Everton match(Tunnel cam) interesting.

Didn't show the Chelsea - Spuds match but although it was important at the time it was just another game spuds dropped points.

(Interesting to look at the table spuds only got 5 points from their last 5 games.)

Well worth £14.99p

Now I have watched it I feel some of the negative reviews on here are over the top. Its far from perfect and still gets shat on by the late 90s ones, there is something a bit weird about the sound at times and the worst things are that at points it feels like the video is sped up a little bit, and they certainly should have filled out the context for the business end of the season. However, they have kept plenty of the MOTD/Sky/BT commo, and many of the games they have gone with an alternative are games where Jonathan Pearce was on commo for MOTD (which happened way too many times for my liking), a decision which I would applaud, not criticise.

Yes there aren't extended highlights of games and some games should have been afforded more. But the first couple of games on MOTD each week get probably an average of 10 mins of highlights. We were up there most weeks. Thats 380 minutes of just the match highlights. Even shaving 2 minutes off each game leaves you with over 5 hours of footage. That just isn't feasible.

It wont be winning any Oscars but its definitely worth 15 quid.

I ordered 3 copies (2 as presents) 3 weeks ago and they haven't arrived. Received a text from DHL on 14 June saying they'd be delivered on 15 June. Tracker on DHL website not giving away any answers.

Anyone else got similar issues?

Finally got around to watching it. Loved it! 

Yes, there's some really wank commentary at times (if that's RL then I really feel for those that rely on it), and a bit more detail and drama to the narrative towards the climax would be an improvement, but it's full of great memories and to the point, which i actually like. It'd be too long with interviews and discussion after every/most games. 

And what a year. Bloody hell. We were unbelievable. 

Just watched my Blu Ray that came yesterday, standard quick release highlights.

But at the start there was some unskipable sequence that was player interviews, atmosphere and seemed really professionally done, finishing with 'fearless foxes: Our Story' coming soon

Sorry if ive completely missed this being discussed elsewhere but does anyone know what this is? Looked very promising

Archived