Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Dream starting 11 for next season

Surprises me how many of our fans don't rate albrighton

I do rate him but I think he's wasted on the left because he's fairly one dimensional and he's not shifting Mahrez so maybe if we could get another flair player to stop opposition from doubling up on Mahrez is my thinking

I do rate him but I think he's wasted on the left because he's fairly one dimensional and he's not shifting Mahrez so maybe if we could get another flair player to stop opposition from doubling up on Mahrez is my thinking

But his defensive work is superb. Only winger I can ever remember being better defensively than him was Ji-Sung Park.

People wanting another attacking winger like Mahrez on the left are missing the point. It's exactly *because* of Albrighton holding back, snuffing out opposition counter-attacks and allowing Kante and Drinkwater to move to the right a bit that Mahrez can get forward and join the attackers from the opposite wing.

It was no coincidence it was as soon as Albrighton came into the side when we started winning and our side looked so much more balanced.

Not to mention he was our top chance creator last season so contributes a lot going forward too.

It reminds me of Pontus Kaamark when he first came in that some people still bizarrely doubted him and they were only finally won over to how good he was once he was out the side for an extended period after an injury and it was obvious how much we were missing him. I fear it'll be the same with Albrighton (though I hope was don't have to see that).

Archived