Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes161

Jamie Vardy agrees new four year contract at Leicester City.

This could make a huge difference for us this season, not only in terms of others staying for longer. But potential signings seeing that we can keep the team together, the club showing real ambition.

Exciting times again... the last few weeks took a bit of a shine off last season as it barely felt like we'd had a couple of weeks to enjoy it before we started to get ripped apart.

Just heard what his alleged release clause is now lol. Absolutely mental how we are now able to offer players this. Just 7 years ago we were just leaving League One! Safe to say no club in their right mind will offer it to us in the next four years on an aging Vardy. And that's no disrespect to Vardy.

Nice one Vardy. Obviously the correct decision from a footballing standpoint. Shame he's played us a bit for more money so soon after getting a new contract but that's life I suppose. I won't mind if he can keep up last season's standards for another couple of years.

I think this is absolutley massive, there is no way Vardy would have agreed to this without getting assurances from Marhez that he's staying. Just need to somehow keep Kante and we will be challenging for big trophies again this year.

Hadn't actually thought about any of this - we keep Vardy and no doubt that will help persuade Mahrez to stay, which will probably give Kante some incentive to stay too. 

Glad he is staying but like a lot of people i know he has tainted himself with a lot of the fans by greed and the way he and his agent have gone about this.

I would have thought it was his agent more than anything, don't think Vardy was ever looking for a move away. He was given the option of a big contract at a big club this late in his career and naturally he needed time to mull it over. Hasn't tainted my opinion of him

Glad he is staying but like a lot of people i know he has tainted himself with a lot of the fans by greed and the way he and his agent have gone about this.

what's that then? turning down a bigger offer from Arsenal to stay with us?

Why shouldn't he earn as much as he can, we can afford it.

I would have thought it was his agent more than anything, don't think Vardy was ever looking for a move away. He was given the option of a big contract at a big club this late in his career and naturally he needed time to mull it over. Hasn't tainted my opinion of him

This

I'm pretty certain they'll be singing his name when he's knocking them in again next season. Football fans are a fickle bunch.

We haven't let our star player go to a title rival.

Huge statement made by the board - now we need to keep Kante.

Today marks a great day (not the EU referendum) where our club will be progressing forward.

So happy, get the **** in!!!!

Archived