Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

The spreading of ashes at the KP

On the 4th of June this year my son 7, passed away at the Glenfield hospital after a long battle with a rare congenital heart defect. He was a huge Leicester City fan like myself. Unfortunately and regrettably  I never managed to get him to a game be it because of ill health or other complicated  issues . I want to take his ashes to some special places as well as places he always wanted to visit but was never able to go to, the king power being one of those.

I contacted the club Monday morning for information but am yet to hear back anything.  Just wondered if anyone here had done this or had any information for me what its involves . 

Thanks xx

Sorry to hear that bud. I'm sure the club can arrange something in or around the KP. I've always fancied the River Soar just behind the KP myself. Always thought it looks pretty nice over there and it runs right through the heart of Leicester.

Guest CityFan 06

That's very sad, sorry to hear that. LCFC Help (unless you've contacted them already) through email might be useful to you, should you not get a reply off your first attempt. This link brings you to all departments of club contact options including LCFC Help. http://www.lcfc.com/club/contact-us/

Might be best to inform one of the receptionists in person about the your awful family passing, and explain to them how this idea would mean the world to you your family and Son.

I am under the impression (from posts I have read on here) that you can do it at the memorial garden but not in the ground itself

So sad and so young :(

It has actually been done on pitch before, earlier this year for a fan of 40 years. But he knew quite a few staff there who worked at club for years.

On the 4th of June this year my son 7, passed away at the Glenfield hospital after a long battle with a rare congenital heart defect. He was a huge Leicester City fan like myself. Unfortunately and regrettably  I never managed to get him to a game be it because of ill health or other complicated  issues . I want to take his ashes to some special places as well as places he always wanted to visit but was never able to go to, the king power being one of those.

I contacted the club Monday morning for information but am yet to hear back anything.  Just wondered if anyone here had done this or had any information for me what its involves . 

Thanks xx

Tragic, you have my deepest sympathy. :(

That's so sad mate, I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. My own son is 7 in a few weeks and I just can't imagine what you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

How sad ,really sorry to hear of your loss.

As others with children know that as soon as you become a parent something changes and stories like this become more heartbreaking than before you had them.Really cannot start to imagine what you are going through,but i can imagine there were many happy times too.

Hope you get to fulfill all your wishes for your sons memory.

My condolences. My older brother passed away almost 10 years ago. Big Leicester fan like all of us. His ashes are in the Garden of Remembrance. Contact the club. They were brilliant. I think it was Peter Jones, the ex ref, who dealt with things. It's comforting to have him in a place he loved.

Archived