Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

EU Vote implications for English Football

Hope this is in the right place

What will be the implications to English football from leaving the EU?

As I understand the reason we had so many foreign players before was the freedom of movement of labour. Will this stop? will it mean that restrictions can now be placed on the number of foreign players a team has? If so will it be beneficial for the England football team as more young English players are developed?

Also will there be any implications for English teams playing in Europe?

What are your thoughts?

(happy for this topic to be moved to the right forum)

Cheers Stephen

Well, I for one thought there'd be exceptions or at least a phase of continuation of EU law. So hardly that dramatic.

It all sounds a bit too theatrical for my taste, I'm sure it's less worse than what's been published in one media outlet.

There are talks of implementing a new system, similar to the one in use in Australia:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/22/will-europeans-be-free-to-stay-in-the-uk-after-brexit

Kante would get one on appeal, though. There's got to be plenty of others who would be in bigger trouble.

I wonder if the appeal takes into account having won the league otherwise the likes of Ulloa would be in trouble

First of all, isn't the phase out to any new arrangement set to take at least 2 years before being implemented? Secondly, wouldn't the UK continue on as an EEA member?

Euro Release Amounts and Euro Transfer Fees will cost more in Pounds now.  May be we pay in Baht going forward?  Hope Rudders sorted out the currency for the Mendy fee earlier this week................

The FA will now impose foreign player quotas to try improve the national game as they are no longer bound by EU or ten EU inspired UEFA rules

Harry Kane just became a 100m player !!!!!!

This will have a massive effect on football ! Massive

Archived