Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Could we utilize King more next season?

Guest CityFan 06

Looking back at last season, it got me thinking just how good King is, and how lucky we are to have him. A real class act. He's such a reliable, quality player and great character within the squad. And although King didn't play as a first team regular in the last campaign, Ranieri/management knew when required to play he would just fit in perfectly, and he proved that on the pitch on many occasions last season. 

So coming to my actual point, Andy is such a good finisher as we know, probably our best CM finisher infact, so do you think we should/could utilize him more next season either in the PL or CL? How could we do this? I feel he would add goals from midfield which has been mentioned previously as an area for potential development. I reckon he could feature in a midfield three with King in CAM, which I think is his best role.

I genuinely believe he has the attributes and quality to score 5-10 goals from the midfield if he were to play regularly. Not only that, but some of the crosses he puts in from midfield are excellent, he knows how to pick a pass. He reminds me of Sigurdsson of Swansea - technically very good and a goalscoring midfielder, I think we have one of those players in King. Don't get me wrong, I'd very much welcome a Sigurdsson type player, but feel King could be utilized even more with what he offers for the team.

Guest CityFan 06

who do you drop to get him in though? would love more kingy but the first XI is undroppable

Yeah, absolutely I agree. I'm presuming he might feature in Europe more as a three man midfield if we needed to choose that formation.

Class team player with great technique.

-His goal away at coventry in league 1, and long range volley I think v leeds. 

-performance against watford in play off, horrible result but he was outstanding.

-Goal against west ham last minute winner to keep us on the winning run end of season to stay up.

- And his performances this season when drinky or Kante have been injured / suspended. scored against west brom at home and everton. Never complains when on the bench and always performs when given the chance. 

Brilliant team player for us and very underestimated I think. As has been mentioned who do you drop for him? 

Im expecting King to slip further down the pecking order as more signings come in to play...

Have you been expecting that for the past 6/7 years? Doubt that will happen.

My understanding is that Ranieri is a huge fan but he accepts that in a 2, Drinkwater and Kante are compliment each other.

Can't see him leaving for a long time now

Looking back at last season, it got me thinking just how good King is, and how lucky we are to have him. A real class act. He's such a reliable, quality player and great character within the squad. And although King didn't play as a first team regular in the last campaign, Ranieri/management knew when required to play he would just fit in perfectly, and he proved that on the pitch on many occasions last season. 

So coming to my actual point, Andy is such a good finisher as we know, probably our best CM finisher infact, so do you think we should/could utilize him more next season either in the PL or CL? How could we do this? I feel he would add goals from midfield which has been mentioned previously as an area for potential development. I reckon he could feature in a midfield three with King in CAM, which I think is his best role.

I genuinely believe he has the attributes and quality to score 5-10 goals from the midfield if he were to play regularly. Not only that, but some of the crosses he puts in from midfield are excellent, he knows how to pick a pass. He reminds me of Sigurdsson of Swansea - technically very good and a goalscoring midfielder, I think we have one of those players in King. Don't get me wrong, I'd very much welcome a Sigurdsson type player, but feel King could be utilized even more with what he offers for the team.

Hi Andy hopefully you will get some game time soon

Archived