Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Iceland chant for Huth

If there is will there is a way. Would be difficult but I'm sure with a bit of planning it could be done. Would be pretty epic if we nailed it but agree it would work better at an away game first and then see if it has potential

Guest bss9401

Square head and fair hair. Might just have some Icelandic in his lineage! We would have to chant Huth....sson though.

Guest CityFan 06

Why do we do this? I gladly admit to not understanding why we chant way faster than necessary.

I'm not quite sure either, to be fair. I think WYS could be re-established at a better pace if a particular version was played at a slow pace just before kick off at the KP. It'd then help us to sing it slower at home/away games in the future.

I'm not quite sure either, to be fair. I think WYS could be re-established at a better pace if a particular version was played at a slow pace just before kick off at the KP. It'd then help us to sing it slower at home/away games in the future.

Nah. It's ingrained. People like the loud celebrations over all. I eagerly anticipate the gabber chants of years to come.

Turns out Motherwell nicked it from Europe.

good on 'em.

Seen a lot of hate for the idea of English teams doing this on Twitter. Laughable really when you know every team in the land will be singing a variation of 'Will Grigg's on fire' and 'don't take me home' by 14 August.

So many double standards about what's 'acceptable' support in England and ultimately it usually ends in silence. Not at Filbert Way though :)

good on 'em.

Seen a lot of hate for the idea of English teams doing this on Twitter. Laughable really when you know every team in the land will be singing a variation of 'Will Grigg's on fire' and 'don't take me home' by 14 August.

So many double standards about what's 'acceptable' support in England and ultimately it usually ends in silence. Not at Filbert Way though :)

Its not a complicated concept. I wasn't suggesting Motherwell invented synchronised clapping but the form Iceland used they got from one of their teams playing Motherwell in the Europa League a few years ago.

And nobody will be singing Please Don't Take Me Home because its an absolutely moronic chant that makes no sense when applied to domestic football. I'd be gutted to hear even one City fan singing it at a CL away.

Its not a complicated concept. I wasn't suggesting Motherwell invented synchronised clapping but the form Iceland used they got from one of their teams playing Motherwell in the Europa League a few years ago.

And nobody will be singing Please Don't Take Me Home because its an absolutely moronic chant that makes no sense when applied to domestic football. I'd be gutted to hear even one City fan singing it at a CL away.

I think he will hear it way more than you will want.

Archived