Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxaholic

How many of the England team that started against Iceland would get in our side

None.

Sterling and Sturridge are probably more technically gifted than everyone except Riyad.

Means nothing, though, none of them are "Leicester players."

Exactly, none of the starting 11 are Leicester players, so how can you improve on the CHAMPIONS!!!! Not with that shower of sh1t.

I genuinely think Dier is better at those attributes highlighted. It's Drinkwater's engine that makes him a better fit for us.

You are wrong.

Sky did a comparison of the two, and if memory serves...overall DD had the better stats.

Add to that Dier has been very poor the last two weeks, other than his goal.

Er...wrong again.

Are you a Spurs fan in disguise?

If so **** off.

If not grow a brain ffs.

Did somebody not teach you some manners? Erm no, I'm a Leicester fan. There's absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating someone that plays for another club. Also, you quoted the same point twice and suggested I was wrong on two different occasions and you're the one telling me to grow a brain. Hmm... 

Did somebody not teach you some manners? Erm no, I'm a Leicester fan. There's absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating someone that plays for another club. Also, you quoted the same point twice and suggested I was wrong on two different occasions and you're the one telling me to grow a brain. Hmm...

A Leicester fan with a very strange opinion but you are entitled to it,but really Dier over Drinkwater?

A Leicester fan with a very strange opinion but you are entitled to it,but really Dier over Drinkwater?

I rate Dier as a player. It's only a strange opinion because I'm a Leicester fan saying it amongst a group of fellow Leicester fans. It's an opinion that many people share. Now if you asked me who I think is a better midfielder out of Kante or Dier, I'd definitely say Kante. There are very few midfielders in the world that I rate higher than Kante. 

I'm in the minority it seems. Like Lallana, I can't see the 'type' of player Dier is? If he's a DM in the true sense of the world, give me Kante any day of the week. I don't see Dier as sufficiently mobile to constantly track runs. I honestly see him as yet another young English player who has been bigged up to being better than he really is.

I made the point earlier...the best Spurs players ARENT English. Christian Erikssen is an exceptional footballer. The center backs are solid. Dembele is a lovely player. They make the rest of em look better than they are. I genuinely think this.

I think we constantly underestimate just how good some of our foreign imports are in the Premier division. Week in, week out, our better English boys play with the best of the best. It's hardly surprising they look good. However, get them TOGETHER...i.e. Just the English lads and we see actually that a lot of them are not as good as we thought.

A great example is Vardy. He's been fed, over and over again by Mahrez...imo a world class player. Get him in the England side, playing in front of Henderson and Wilshere..you see a different player. The service to him suddenly becomes bang average.

I'm in the minority it seems. Like Lallana, I can't see the 'type' of player Dier is? If he's a DM in the true sense of the world, give me Kante any day of the week. I don't see Dier as sufficiently mobile to constantly track runs. I honestly see him as yet another young English player who has been bigged up to being better than he really is.

I made the point earlier...the best Spurs players ARENT English. Christian Erikssen is an exceptional footballer. The center backs are solid. Dembele is a lovely player. They make the rest of em look better than they are. I genuinely think this.

I think we constantly underestimate just how good some of our foreign imports are in the Premier division. Week in, week out, our better English boys play with the best of the best. It's hardly surprising they look good. However, get them TOGETHER...i.e. Just the English lads and we see actually that a lot of them are not as good as we thought.

A great example is Vardy. He's been fed, over and over again by Mahrez...imo a world class player. Get him in the England side, playing in front of Henderson and Wilshere..you see a different player. The service to him suddenly becomes bang average.

In fairness, there's no central midfield player in the premier league that I'd take over Kante. 

Id take Stones, i think hes a player that has talent and can be worked with. Hes had a shocking season no doubt about that, hes been badly coached by Martinez and isnt learning the game. But a ball playing centreback and a young one that could be at the heart of our defence for 8-10 years would be fantastic and an attribute that would benefit the squad.

Id definitely take Rashford as well. Young, hungry striker who will only get better and better and whos value will grow a lot. Fits the "Leicester Mould" if youd call it that.

However, its obvious that these are two players whove had little, or no gametime during the tournament and therefore their reputations arent damaged. Yet.

EDIT: If its about STARTERS during the Iceland game, probably no one. Either because they dont fit our style, or are just not very good.

I'd probably take Drinkwater over Dier for the style of football that we play, but I think Dier is a better footballer.

Dier hasn't the passing ability of Drinky. In particular, he didn't have the skill to launch a long ball - it always ran on beyond the chasing forward.

It's crazy but even without my blue tinted specs on, it wouldn't be many,

Schmeicel>Hart

Huth&Morgan>Cahill&Smalling

Fuchs>Rose

Kante>Dier (Dier's a great player but undeniable Kante is better)

Drinkwater>Rooney

Mahrez>Alli

Albrighton>Sterling (most overated English player I've ever known)

Vardy>Kane (I like Kane and he looks great for Spurs but I wouldn't change him for Vardy)

Therefore we're left with Walker and Sturridge.

At this present time none of them...except one.

Sturridge and Sterling got selected on reputation and potential not yet realised.

The Spurs select, as it turned out, were mentally tired.

Rashford grab him as quick as we can ..****

After we have all calmed down, knowing it would be great to have a quality squad,

the players I chose, should not be considered 1 for 1 replacements, but to strengthen

our squad with the campaign we have before us.

Kane, Ali.Returning to the domestic season, they would be top assets

No Dier, because we have cover with Armatey, who will get more game time this coming season.

No defenders, not one on display would be an improvemement even for the squad.

Though he didnt play in the Iceland game, I wouldnt mind seeing Lallana in a foxes shirt.

like some other poster mentioned, Stones could realise his potential under Ranieri.

The rest, I would prefer to wait to see what the transfer window can give us.

Vardy, in good and bad, has found the club in Leicester that gives him potentially real

over the top Legend status.Wise descision not to leave.

He could potentially add to his England caps, in the WC qualis.

I still believe, it wasn t so much the players fault, but pathetic selection choice,

with no system or plan from Hodgson or coaching staff.

A perfect example of a manager holding up a teams potential,

Hodgson failed his players.

It's crazy but even without my blue tinted specs on, it wouldn't be many,

Schmeicel>Hart

Huth&Morgan>Cahill&Smalling

Fuchs>Rose

Kante>Dier (Dier's a great player but undeniable Kante is better)

Drinkwater>Rooney

Mahrez>Alli

Albrighton>Sterling (most overated English player I've ever known)

Vardy>Kane (I like Kane and he looks great for Spurs but I wouldn't change him for Vardy)

Therefore we're left with Walker and Sturridge.

Problem with Cahill and smalling is neither guy is a leader or vocal and they both lack emotion, toughness and fire.

They are mediocre compared to Ferdinand and Terry in their prime.

Joe my wrists are weak Hart

Kyle I forgot about the second phase Walker

Gary help me where is john terry Cahill

Chris bundle the centre forward over before he beats me Smalling

Danny bombing down the wing Rose

Eric I like to sit and occasionally do something Dier

Wayne the second fag at half time did me in Rooney

Dele wind me up Alli

Raheem street soccer player Stirling

Jack the manager likes me but my body doesn't Wilshere

Daniel anywhere but the wing Sturridge

Adam why was i dropped Lallana

Harry I like to drop deep to crowd the midfield and shoot from 40 yards Kane

[also known as Harry why aren't eriksen and lamela english Kane]

Jamie wilshere is no danny drinkwater Vardy

Marcus What 5 minutes Rasford 

Roy I don't understand why I am here Hodgson

Joe my wrists are weak Hart

Kyle I forgot about the second phase Walker

Gary help me where is john terry Cahill

Chris bundle the centre forward over before he beats me Smalling

Danny bombing down the wing Rose

Eric I like to sit and occasionally do something Dier

Wayne the second fag at half time did me in Rooney

Dele wind me up Alli

Raheem street soccer player Stirling

Jack the manager likes me but my body doesn't Wilshere

Daniel anywhere but the wing Sturridge

Adam why was i dropped Lallana

Harry I like to drop deep to crowd the midfield and shoot from 40 yards Kane

[also known as Harry why aren't eriksen and lamela english Kane]

Jamie wilshere is no danny drinkwater Vardy

Marcus What 5 minutes Rasford 

Roy I don't understand why I am here Hodgson

lol

The question I have for you chaps is, how many of them do you think would go to Leicester? 

To compare like for like, based on seemingly the last performance of England, which presumably you are, none would. If you are basing it on these players at their peak performance based on the players at their peak in the Leicester team, you'd probably have different opinions on this.

The question I have for you chaps is, how many of them do you think would go to Leicester?

To compare like for like, based on seemingly the last performance of England, which presumably you are, none would. If you are basing it on these players at their peak performance based on the players at their peak in the Leicester team, you'd probably have different opinions on this.

Ok, this is a sensible question, and it might change things slightly.

Hart v Schmeichel: pretty even, but it feels as though Hart is on the wane. Schmeichel is still improving, I'd have him.

Walker v Simpson, Rose v Fuchs: easy this one-we have tried full backs who can't defend-it doesn't suit our system. They'd be welcome to train with Claudio though, and see whether they can improve - there's no doubting their skills going forward.

Cahill and Smalling v Huth and Morgan: Cahill obviously not. Smalling is a very good player-it's a big call to break up such a good partnership, but I imagine if he's in the squad he'd force his way in over time, probably for Huth.

Dier v Kante: Dier is a great player, but not a chance he'd ever displace Kante.

Rooney/Alli v Drinkwater: Rooney absolutely not. He's shot, and the times he's on form aren't worth the poisonous attitude. Alli is a tricky one-great player, but probably more a number 10 than DD. For the way we play, I don't feel he's quite disciplined enough for CM, but could be 50/50 depending on the opponent. If we played Bayern or Barca we'd start Drinkwater, so that must be the test.

[edit: Dier for DD is an interesting one. Both run games when they're on form, both look dreadful when not. Maybe a job share here-half and half]

Sterling vs Mahrez/Albrighton: Never for Mahrez, not for Albrighton as it stands. Needs to pass one trick earlier, otherwise he's completely ineffective. If he learns that then maybe.

Sturridge/Alli/ Kane vs Okazaki: Sturridge is a class act and if he were here he'd be fit. He's an excellent option for partnering Vardy, and I'd take him. Second choice Alli for his creativity, third choice Okazaki-Kane isn't a 10.

Vardy vs Kane: No brainer-Vardy. Quick, direct, selfless, lethal. Great understanding of our team and what we're trying to do, and clearly good for morale. Leicester fans wouldn't put up with Kane's wastefulness or selfishness, and he isn't quick or fit enough to pressure defenders like JV does.

So, in conclusion, we'd probably take two and a half of England's side, and I reckon Claudio would say the same. Plenty would get on our bench though.

Just for balance, if it was Spurs players, we'll have Lloris, the Belgians and Eriksen. Ta!

Archived