Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

Allowing players to leave......

I'm not sure that the club and Claudio have handled and are handling the transfer situation very well. Claudio audibly making comments that he wouldn't stand in a players way, that he understands why a player like Kante would want to go to Chelsea, that he wants just one more year. It shows lack of ambition, it shows we have a small club mentality, and it brings a situation where Mahrez doesn't want to sign a new contract until he sees what offers come in.

Would it not have made more sense to have said our players are going nowhere, we are champions, we plan on building on becoming champions again and players need to remember they are under contract.

I don't know what contract Kante was on, I hope we received more than £32m for him, maybe there are hidden hush payments so as not to inflate our transfers, I just don't think this has been thought through at all, what do you think?

I don't think this affect Mahrez's situation as much as what happened with Vardy. Think that he's happy enough, but probably a bit miffed at not getting the same deal, so he' sdoing exactly what Vardy did to force the club into a better offer.

Which is fair enough on both sides. That's how you negotiate.

I think Claudio's a realist,I've said befour,were Leicester city,with a 32000 stadium,

Do you think kids outside of Leicester dream of playing for Leicester one day,that were a more attractive propersition than the big 5,

If someone doesn't want to be here,they can go,

The alternative is pay him what he wants,then he's just here for the money,or let him leave,and it's just for the money,either way it's us or his team mates here who are pissed off,us for him leaving,and his team mates for being on 50k plus more a week,I want players that want to buy into what we're about,not players who want to play for teams they only dreamt of playing for

cant really blame the club much, we weren't prepared for what we achieved last year. its a balancing act being being successful and being sensible with money. Unless we spend ridiculous money on players wages we wont be able to compete with bigger clubs long term. 

I think Claudio's a realist,I've said befour,were Leicester city,with a 32000 stadium,

Do you think kids outside of Leicester dream of playing for Leicester one day,that were a more attractive propersition than the big 5,

If someone doesn't want to be here,they can go,

The alternative is pay him what he wants,then he's just here for the money,or let him leave,and it's just for the money,either way it's us or his team mates here who are pissed off,us for him leaving,and his team mates for being on 50k plus more a week,I want players that want to buy into what we're about,not players who want to play for teams they only dreamt of playing for

It's up to the club and the manager to change that though, they need to make Leicester City a club all the players want to come to, can that be achieved and if so how? Is it our stadium holding us back?

I was under no illusions that Messi was going to want football at the KP because we've won the league, I knew it might be tough keeping our star players but I don't think the club have gone about things the right way in making us into a top 4/6 club. I felt we needed toughness but we've shown weakness. With Vardys release clause there's nothing that could have been done

How many times does it need to be said, CR wants players who are happy and who want to give everything for LCFC. If someone's not happy and not pulling their weight ship them out asap and get someone in who wants to play for us.

It's a bit of a reality check for some of our fans I think, even after the season we had we're no where near being a top 5 club and players will come and go. Just come to peace with it and back the lads who will be lining up in a few weeks time, at least we know they want to be here.

Clubs just smashed its record for transfer fee received... Should be buzzing!! The fact that the player has left for a team in a worse position and for a fraction of the price we should of got leaves a sour taste.

Our negotiations so far have seemed amateur! We take a lifetime to sign a player, offer certain players contracts, allow players to leave and give them away at discounted prices. Joke!

How many times does it need to be said, CR wants players who are happy and who want to give everything for LCFC. If someone's not happy and not pulling their weight ship them out asap and get someone in who wants to play for us.

It's a bit of a reality check for some of our fans I think, even after the season we had we're no where near being a top 5 club and players will come and go. Just come to peace with it and back the lads who will be lining up in a few weeks time, at least we know they want to be here.

That's utter tosh. We are champions. That makes us a top 5 club. What will me small time is if the club don't capitalise on our success. Build on what we have achieved and make us an established top 4 club. It's now or likely, never.

That's utter tosh. We are champions. That makes us a top 5 club. What will me small time is if the club don't capitalise on our success. Build on what we have achieved and make us an established top 4 club. It's now or likely, never.

If there is no release clause for Mahrez we have to keep him to make a statement of our ambition.

Look at the Watford £30m price tag on Troy Deeney to warn us off, and it worked. Then you've got the inflated price tags being put on Michael Keane and Robbie Brady.

We don't need or want to sell Mahrez so he has to stay as far as I'm concerned. If the player says he wants to leave, we should only let him go if the fee is a minimum of £70m.

Clubs just smashed its record for transfer fee received... Should be buzzing!! The fact that the player has left for a team in a worse position and for a fraction of the price we should of got leaves a sour taste.

Our negotiations so far have seemed amateur! We take a lifetime to sign a player, offer certain players contracts, allow players to leave and give them away at discounted prices. Joke!

Yay for the club!! i assume the £30 million will be put to good use in free donuts or beers for the fans!!

If there is no release clause for Mahrez we have to keep him to make a statement of our ambition.

Look at the Watford £30m price tag on Troy Deeney to warn us off, and it worked. Then you've got the inflated price tags being put on Michael Keane and Robbie Brady.

We don't need or want to sell Mahrez so he has to stay as far as I'm concerned. If the player says he wants to leave, we should only let him go if the fee is a minimum of £70m.

Was about to post something along these lines.

If Watford can hold onto their star players then so should we.

I don't agree with all this we only want happy players stuff, I'm

quite happy to have a few miserable players.

The thing I hold issue with at the moment is the fact when we're buying, we get taken as mugs. Keane, Deeney prices etc. But when we're selling we don't seem to hold any power?!

I understand the Vardy situation because of the release clause but 30m for Kante? In today's market that is absolutely ridiculous for us and champion for Chelsea. You're not telling me we couldn't squeeze 10m more out of them at least? Very odd.

I'm sorry mate but calling that 'utter tosh' is delusional beyond belief. The traditional top 5 are still going to be a lot more attractive than us at this stage.

I agree with CR, but no way should Kante gone for anything less then £50m in today's price s

Heavily rumoured that he had a £20m release clause to Champions League clubs so we risked losing him for much less if we didn't accept this offer.

And now the Telegraph has Steve Walsh in Everton and the Guardian reports Mahrez out the door.

Of course they ran the same articles about Vardy.  This stuff will drive you nuts if you let it.

I believe I will sign off, and I will check back in in a week to see who lines up in Glasgow.

Whoever is DOF  needs seriously looking at. No wonder Pearson didn't apparently get on with Rudkin. Stupid release clauses and then selling players for less than they are worth.

CR doesn't have a say in it all does he?

I'm not quite sure what people are expecting Claudio to of done.. I mean... Would it really of been wise for team spirit to have a player who clearly didn't want to be here?

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

The thing I hold issue with at the moment is the fact when we're buying, we get taken as mugs. Keane, Deeney prices etc. But when we're selling we don't seem to hold any power?!

I understand the Vardy situation because of the release clause but 30m for Kante? In today's market that is absolutely ridiculous for us and champion for Chelsea. You're not telling me we couldn't squeeze 10m more out of them at least? Very odd.

I'm hoping we have installed ridiculous add ons, 10 mill if they win the league 5 mill if they get CL etc. Silly if we haven't.

I'm hoping we have installed ridiculous add ons, 10 mill if they win the league 5 mill if they get CL etc. Silly if we haven't.

Im pretty sure we have, we have the best in the business.

We pay an additional 25% to Chelsea when they sell him.

We pay

£5m if they win premier league

£5m if the qualify for champs league

£500k every France appearance

Hoping we have a sell on % agreed to for when Kante inevitably ditches Chelsea for Barca/Madrid like he has with us

Archived