Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxy_jim

Cicinho: Leicester winning the title was pure luck

Never heard of the guy either but he obviously knows nothing about the EPL.  No side becomes Champions, let alone by a massive points gap, unless they are totally the best and most consistent team in the league.  Luck has no part in it.  Down to excellent players and manager plus great support and a superb back up team - coaching and medical.  

29 minutes ago, Rialto 290352 said:

Never heard of the guy either but he obviously knows nothing about the EPL.  No side becomes Champions, let alone by a massive points gap, unless they are totally the best and most consistent team in the league.  Luck has no part in it.  Down to excellent players and manager plus great support and a superb back up team - coaching and medical.  

Some teams last season would disagree. Bournemouth or Watford, for instance.

Guest Mee-9

I swear in football people think, 'he's got inho' in his name, his opinion must matter, he must be a footballing legend. 

16 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Some teams last season would disagree. Bournemouth or Watford, for instance.

lol.....certainly luck plays a part in particular games both good and bad luck.  Over the course of a season you tend to feel it all evens out unless you are an especially unfortunate side?

Anyone that thinks any team wins a league season on luck is off their head. There are 38 games and you can't just be lucky in all of them. A cup competition on the other hand, you can be lucky since you only play 6/7 games and generally only the last 2/3 are against top teams. 

There is no luck in winning the league. This sounds like he wants to take a swipe at Ranieri for whatever reason. 

On 20 July 2016 at 18:31, MC Prussian said:

I'd take the opinion of a recovering alcoholic with a pinch of salt...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/07/19/cicinho-reveals-alcoholism-battle

"I can't sit down to have a beer or two, I need to drink until I fall over."

"I had an encounter with God once after 18 Caipirinhas and 14 long necks (of beer)."

I agree his comments on Leicester are pretty silly, but someone being a recovering alcoholic is not a reason in itself to dismiss them at all. If you have ever known anyone close to you who's dealt with it you would know that alcoholics aren't all drinking on street corners and abusing family members - it's disease that can affect any person who has had any level of succes in their life.

... and of course he knows what he's talking about, whilst the rest of us that actually watched the team and Claudio were all deluded by Claudio's calmness and how he took the mental pressure off his players; not to mention how he provided the media with exactly what they need to sell news ... No, I'm sorry there's only one complete **** in this story and like the majority of other supporters on this site I've never heard of him or his so-called playing career!

You can win matches by luck not titles. At a push Man City winning the league with a last minute goal could possibly count as luck but we won it by 10 points. That's not a fluke.

Whoever he is just seems to have a problem with our Claudio which makes him even more of a Cvnt.

Archived