Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cumbria Fox

Whereabouts of Benalouane

Guest CityFan 06

Obviously we haven't seen too much of Benalouane but from what I have seen, he looks a decent enough CB to me. Important to have strength in depth and personally I'd like him to stay, not forgetting Moore looks likely for a move away too. It's just the aspect of game time though, because we already have Huth, Morgan, Wasilewski, Hernandez, Moore (potentially) and Amartey who can play there. 

• 2 weeks later...

With him getting a car I think he's still going to be used this season. I just don't understand why he's not been given a squad number. Maybe they're just waiting for him to get fit. I rated him when he played for us this season. I'd like him to stay as backup.

On 26/7/2016 at 20:15, LeiFosse 06 said:

Obviously we haven't seen too much of Benalouane but from what I have seen, he looks a decent enough CB to me. Important to have strength in depth and personally I'd like him to stay, not forgetting Moore looks likely for a move away too. It's just the aspect of game time though, because we already have Huth, Morgan, Wasilewski, Hernandez, Moore (potentially) and Amartey who can play there. 

If he just had surgery - if those stories are true - my guess is no one would buy him, or even accept him on loan (especially after the fiasco with Fiorentina). the club doesn't have to submit a final squad list until the end of August. I guess he has until then to prove himself in training. In any event, coming off an injury that kept him out of action for 6 months: I doubt he was going to start anyway.

7 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

He's back! 

You've got to love him. Clearly a model pro even though it looks like he's training alone. I'm not sure if that's because he isn't in the first team picture or if he's on a personalised programme because of the injury. Either way, he's a top bloke. Hopefully he can force his way into the side or earn a move where he'll get game time.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Maybe he has given up on football and is trying for an acting career as a seiral killer?

Would like to see him back though, could be the answer to our backup Rb problem?

Never a right back..in the brief games he played he is a centre half.....mad as a hatter and hard as nails...could be a good 5th choice centre half....rather have him than Keane from Burnley and buy a top draw right back and centre midfielder as we need quality in those areas more urgently

5 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Maybe he has given up on football and is trying for an acting career as a seiral killer?

Would like to see him back though, could be the answer to our backup Rb problem?

In some of the videos Sky showed of training last week, he was definitely training with the first team.

19 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

You got a link as I cant find it on the website?

The article was about mahrez and others signing new contracts. There was a little paragraph at the end about players who have been told to find a new club. Benny was there as well as Inler, RDL, Tom Lawarence. Unfortunately i can't remember when it was.

14 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The article was about mahrez and others signing new contracts. There was a little paragraph at the end about players who have been told to find a new club. Benny was there as well as Inler, RDL, Tom Lawarence. Unfortunately i can't remember when it was.

I remember when they assigned numbers, Ranieri said those without a number were free to find another club. Maybe this is what the Mercury was going on (although I haven't seen him mentioned in a story). But he has been training with the first team. I have seen him in some of the videos on Sky jogging around. He just came back from injury a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he has impressed? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

23 minutes ago, sm1 said:

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/riyad-mahrez-signs-new-contract-with-leicester-city-despite-arsenal-and-chelsea-links/story-29630840-detail/story.html

This must be the article your going on about.

Clearly you were in dreamland when you thought you read Benny could go. WAKE UP

25 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Thought he looked solid at Spurs away in the Cup, haven't seen anything to suggest he wouldn't be a good option, except that Ranieri doesn't seem to rate him. 

That game really stands out, he was excellent then just a shame for him about Huth and Morgan's form

Archived