Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Community Shield - Buildup

Community Shield  

384 members have voted

1. 1. What does the match mean to you?

• It's a meaningless friendly but a nice day out a Wembley
    • It's not massively important, but it's mostly important as a benchmark for the season ahead
    • It's a huge game, on the same level as say, the League cup final

Just over a week to go until the Community Shield at Wembley - how are we all feeling about it?

United could potentially line up with both Pogba and Zlatan in their starting 11. Even without them and despite their recent friendly loss, this will be a big test for the team, especially in the wake of Kante Leaving. Will it end up being a Mourinho park the bus job or will he go for it?

Do you think we can do it? Part of me feels like we can - we know we can beat United and we have the players to do it.... but they have so many stars in their team right now it feels a bit daunting. Really looking forward to a day out at Wembley and catching up with the FT lot (you know who you are...). 

I think on the pitch it's a decent benchmark to see where we are at by the time the season comes round, beating united at wembley would be a decent marker, show we aren't just going to **** off this season.

Off it, I'm buzzing for the chance to see Leicester for the 1st time at the New Wembley, what a day.:scarf:

Somewhere inbetween the 2nd and 3rd options. If we set down a marker to the rest of the league that we'll still be beating the big boys...

a) it will give us confidence.

b) keep other teams worried about playing us.

Hernandez has said ...   And he must be saying the party line ...   It is important for this team to win (all friendlies)) because that makes it easier to maintain a winning mentality and keep confidence high.

And I agree.

Guest CityFan 06
8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Win it, silverware is silverware

As Stevo has said, silverware is still silverware. We've won the shield once in 1971 but it'd be nice to win it again ahead of the new season.

I think a lot of us (inc Ranieri) has said the club are hoping for cup success next season, and this is a great place to start. If we manage a top 10 finish, win the FA/League Cup and the Comnunity Shield, I'd call that a very successful season. Of course, any position above the top ten I.e Europe qualification would be marvellous.

I actually feel should be complete what I've said above, we'd be making another key step of progression towards becoming a bigger club, with that an expanded stadium too potentially  which is an contributing factor. 

One of the all time great meaningless friendlies of all time. If you've got 18 minutes spare, watch how much the game means to the fans and players. I'd love Leicester to win the Charity Shield. Always was, and always should be a big game IMO...

Went to all our games at the old Wembley from Blackburn to Tranmere.

Stayed away from the new Wembley until we got back to the home of English football.

Wanted Man Utd over Palace, going to enjoy the whole day with family friends and our kids .

Big game .

This only friendly I pay for nowadays!!

I have always seen this as the curtain raiser to the season. We all know the next week is the start of the league season. Also how can PL champions vrs FA cup winners be meaningless. Only teams not in it claim it means nothing as in the league cup.

Champions v cup winners at a stadium we haven't been to in over 16 years with the whole world watching. Massive game. Man Utd will still be getting to grips with their new style of play (trying to score more goals than the opposition) while we will carry on from last season. Can't wait meself.

2 hours ago, C-man said:

Anyone saying its a meaningless friendly should be giving up their ticket to someone who actually gives a fvck about winning trophies IMO. 

Why? I'm looking forward to seeing a friendly in Wembley to celebrate our league win.

I went to every home game and plenty of away games last year, I earnt by day out in London. Doesn't stop the fact it's barely a competitive game.

Don't get all better-fan-than-you just because I think the Community Shield is a glorified friendly.

Enjoyed watching us play Barca, Inter and Real to. What's wrong with friendlies?

The fact the charity shield has been going longer than the ICC doesn't really make it a great deal more boast worthy to win.

Wouldn't agree with saying that we know how to beat united. One of only three teams we failed to beat at all last season. 

This is will be very competitive. We'll play our usual style and United will want to hit the ground running and look to dictate play. 

Tough game, one I want to win and look forward to swing my team at Wembley. 

Cant wait, wont be a patch on the experiences of old at the original twin towers but it will be my first Leicester match at the new Wembley so cant wait.

Have a sneaky suspicion we will stuff man utd as well.

Archived