Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Champions League away days planning.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol Why would you start booking days off?

For a start: 

- You work in a place where you're required to give x months notice for annual leave

- You work in a place with loads of other Leicester fans also hoping to travel

- You work in a place where you can book days off and cancel them later if not required 

- You don't live anywhere near Leicester so would need to take holiday midweek to get to home games, let alone away games.

11 days off left until April lol going to have to condense each one to about 2 days (may not be possible in some instances) and sack off any Christmas leave, assuming we do actually get through which means not coming bottom, which as a pot one team I'd say is highly likely.

finally the fact we have a 24 hour, 7 day working week is gonna come in golden. 

can do tuesday/wednesday off or weds/thurs off without taking any holiday that week. champion that is. means i'm gonna have to sacrifice the home prem game after if i go the champs league though but we can do that. pretty sure most the homes after them were a bit crap. 

33 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Where are people at? Enough days leave left? Lucky position of working for yourself? In a job like educatuoom where you can't take time off?

I take it you're not?. 

11 minutes ago, baker11 said:

My bad. Used to but got out recently. In between jobs so hoping any future employers would be sweet with it all.

What baker 11 said. I'm also between jobs & hoping for an understanding future employer. At the moment reckon I can afford 2 of the 3 aways & by the law of averages we'll get 2 attractive trips & probably 1 not so good.  Will have to go on the cadge if we reach K.OK stage.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I am now P2 but surely these aways will get to at least P3?

A lot of regular awayers I know say they will do one, maybe two. There's not many that are doing all of them, cost, time off, family etc, this isn't your average away day to the smoke. These should go all the way for STH at least.

I'm a holiday rep based in Mallorca this season. Worked out as I'm at the airport Tuesday mornings I can do a couple of hours then jump on a flight to East Mids then fly back early Wednesday for afternoon duties. 

I look forward to the managers response when I request this in the next few weeks...

3 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Luckily I am self employed so it's home and away matches when I can, and I upgraded myself and son to Gold membership 2 days ago before they all sold out...so happy days all around lol

Unless it's Russia I doubt aways will go on sale to Gold members.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Unless it's Russia I doubt aways will go on sale to Gold members.

True...but I am banking that too many season ticket holders having work or even money commitments so it may go to gold, but no issues about home matches as the Family and friends membership from last season has merged into Gold membership now. The only thing that may stop me getting home CL tickets is the worrying " corporate" tickets that blighted the Everton game.

Re the Russia games, I think that club will be giving away tickets for the away game...lol

I work for myself. So time off is not an issue finances could be. So I've cleared mine and the wives credit cards in April and they may take a battering again :)

Hoping to do 2 out the 3 group games depending on draw and hedging my bets that we make it out the group. So may have to make more trips in the new year:scarf:

Archived