Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Can we stop slagging our players until AFTER they leave

So Chilwell, a quality young player with what looks to be a pretty bright future has committed to LCFC, putting us ahead of another "big" club who offered the world.

As with Vardy, can we please stop with the bitchy hateful comments... at least until they leave.

It embarrasses you and the club.

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

So Chilwell, a quality young player with what looks to be a pretty bright future has committed to LCFC, putting us ahead of another "big" club who offered the world.

As with Vardy, can we please stop with the bitchy hateful comments... at least until they leave.

It embarrasses you and the club.

I even disagree with this bit. What good will that do?

1 minute ago, MShaffu42 said:

I even disagree with this bit. What good will that do?

To be honest, its not my thinking to abuse then either...but, i understand that for some its a given.

"Until after they leave" 

So if anyone leaves, it's fine to start slating them? Slating someone who has helped u achieve something we never thought possible?

Someone who is trying to set their future up as best they can for themselves and family?

The title of this thread says so much about what is wrong with football fans. They say footballers live in a different world, but many fans live on a different planet. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

"Until after they leave" 

So if anyone leaves, it's fine to start slating them? Slating someone who has helped u achieve something we never thought possible?

Someone who is trying to set their future up as best they can for themselves and family?

The title of this thread says so much about what is wrong with football fans. They say footballers live in a different world, but many fans live on a different planet. 

You've missed the point completely. Go and check Transfer Talk for a myriad of mouth-breathers giving abuse to absolutely any of our players at the slightest whiff of a piece of gossip. This thread is not saying abuse ex-players, it's saying if you want to slag them off for leaving, wait until they actually leave before you do.

22 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

You've missed the point completely. Go and check Transfer Talk for a myriad of mouth-breathers giving abuse to absolutely any of our players at the slightest whiff of a piece of gossip. This thread is not saying abuse ex-players, it's saying if you want to slag them off for leaving, wait until they actually leave before you do.

Missed the point? I don't think so, and you have reiterated what I am saying yet again.

6 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Missed the point? I don't think so, and you have reiterated what I am saying yet again.

What he is saying is if you are going to slag off players for leaving us, then at least wait until they have left.

15 minutes ago, Captain... said:

What he is saying is if you are going to slag off players for leaving us, then at least wait until they have left.

And I am saying why would you want to slag them off anyway? The title implies that it's fair game after they leave, which is ridiculous.

Players get slagged off for being disloyal, but I wouldn't be loyal when generally fans are two faced. You get slagged off when there is speculation (the poster clearly and correctly states this), but if you try and do well for your family they get called judas or the like.

If I was a footballer I would go wherever it suited me, and the title of the thread clearly shows why it would be fine to do this. 

Just now, Rob1742 said:

And I am saying why would you want to slag them off anyway? The title implies that it's fair game after they leave, which is ridiculous.

Players get slagged off for being disloyal, but I wouldn't be loyal when generally fans are two faced. You get slagged off when there is speculation (the poster clearly and correctly states this), but if you try and do well for your family by leaving they get called judas or the like.

If I was a footballer I would go wherever it suited me, and the title of the thread clearly shows why it would be fine to do this. 

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

"Until after they leave" 

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

To be honest, its not my thinking to abuse then either...but, i understand that for some its a given.

32 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Players get slagged off for being disloyal, but I wouldn't be loyal when generally fans are two faced. You get slagged off when there is speculation (the poster clearly and correctly states this), but if you try and do well for your family they get called judas or the like.

He could have said lets never slag off anyone ever, but there is a realism that people are emotionally and financially involved in football and take it personally when a player leaves especially when it is seemingly just for the money.

You can't stop people being upset when a player leaves, but it is just fvcking stupid to slag off a player because there is interest in him, that is what is 2 faced to slag off a player because they might leave and then cheer his name when he stays. Abusing a player for leaving isn't 2 faced, in the most cases it is just anger/immaturity, but in some cases it is deserved.

Do you or do not agree with the sentiment that "if you are the kind of emotionally immature person who slags off players for leaving for money/security/career progression, then don't slag  them off until they after they actually go"?

I'm not going to slag off/abuse any our players that leave - if they want to let them.

Those who do react to media speculation with comments of hate towards our players, just make sure you don't start declaring your love for them when they sign new contracts and play their heart out for us.

I slag off the people who are bound to stay....mainly foxforum posters.

I cant help it you see,  once king Dick gets into my head, then I cant help telling the truth.

I just hate those who demean and berate,

footy forums always tag some git,

that is the social media fate

some just cant holdback the sh*t

Abusing players before they actually leave makes people look stupid when they stay. But the likes of Kante who dropped us like a stone at the first opportunity for more money, he can **** off. Whether he won the league with us or not, he showed no loyalty and can swivel.

8 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

To be fair Vardy and Chilwell were abused on here more than Kante.  Which one of those 3 left? :)

That's actually a pretty good point.

I bet that stupid c<>u<>n<>t Riyad Mahrez wouldn't understand it though. Fcking traitor

I don't like to see players abused, but to be fair, after spending the tail end of last season looking at the pond life floating around Spurs' 'The Fighting Cock' forum, this place is like Sunday School in comparison.

Archived