Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

Sounds an entertaining game today. Just come from behind to beat Reading 3-2. Uche scored minutes after coming on for Matty James.

Lots of Kapustka talk on the twitter feed, good passing/crossing etc but also a lot about being dispossessed which is a nod towards the need to bulk up.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Sounds an entertaining game today. Just come from behind to beat Reading 3-2. Uche scored minutes after coming on for Matty James.

Lots of Kapustka talk on the twitter feed, good passing/crossing etc but also a lot about being dispossessed which is a nod towards the need to bulk up.

Was following on Twitter - sounded a very entertaining game.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Matty James is still carrying so much timber. Surely he's gotta be shedding the pounds now to get back to match fitness? 

Is he though? It's hard to distinguish... especially the kits they wear now! I mean who's saying he looks any different to Wes? Or the typical example Rooney, who was famously found to have close to zero body fat despite looking like a lard arse....

I'm not saying he's in perfect shape but there's lads in our 1st XI that don't look much different.

IMG_0245.JPG

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Matty James is still carrying so much timber. Surely he's gotta be shedding the pounds now to get back to match fitness? 

I was wondering recently whether his weight and frame could be the reason it has taken him so long to recover (he's still not). I can't imagine having extra weight - even if it is a few pounds - would be good for recovery from a ligament injury

Yeah to be fair this years shirts are tight but I think he's still noticeably bigger than what he was previously. Watched one of the U21 games that they streamed a few weeks ago and he still looked very sluggish. 

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to make a come back, there's probably a good reason behind it, out sports science team know what they're doing better than I do at the end of the day!

mattyjames_1aefy084v3tit1ntm9llzp5odm.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah to be fair this years shirts are tight but I think he's still noticeably bigger than what he was previously. Watched one of the U21 games that they streamed a few weeks ago and he still looked very sluggish. 

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to make a come back, there's probably a good reason behind it, out sports science team know what they're doing better than I do at the end of the day!

mattyjames_1aefy084v3tit1ntm9llzp5odm.jpg

It's an interesting point. More worryingly though it could be an age thing... Matty is a fraction younger than me and I've certainly filled out a bit* in the same time period as the above photo.... it could well be the build he's meant to be, which is certainly more of a problem for our science team. 

*some very much self inflicted lol 

Really poor start half, we're lucky that only 2 goals have gone against us. Some decent moments, maybe things will look up in the second half. Would be prudent to replace Simranjit Singh Thandi as he's on a yellow and has been talked to by the ref. since the yellow for a poor challenge.

Archived