Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Liam Moore joins Reading on a permanent deal

Shame to see a young academy product leave, but that's the way it goes, unfortunately. He was hardly ever going to get more match practice in the first team with the amount of accomplished centre-backs on our books and it would've taken quite an effort to get past any of them in the short run.

He showed promise in the Championship, but found it somewhat tough in the top division whenever he played.

Wish him well at Reading and maybe we'll see him back in the Premier League, who knows?

Good luck to him, it obviously was not going to work out here, he is a good young English defender who unfortunately lost his way at Leicester. He was not at his best the last few seasons and the championship is probably the right level for him

In any sport you never know how far you can progress when you start out.  In Liam's case he may not yet have reached his full potential but his current level wasn't going to get him first team football in the PL.  I hope that he finds success at Reading and that this provides him the opportunity to develop to his potential.

Be interesting how he develops , with Jaap Stam as his manager this should be a good move for him. With a classy leaving message I hope he gets the chance to play at the KP again so we can give him a nice round of applause , hopefully it'll be Reading coming here as a newly promoted team than the other way round!

Good luck to him and hope he progresses with his career.

Must have been a dream.playing for his home team and that goal he scored near L1 a couple of seasons ago is every kids dream.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 12:17, Swan Lesta said:

Seems cheap considering the values placed on him 16 months or so ago.

Good luck to him, sad he didn't quite develop here as fast as the club arguably did.

I guess his contract is running down and he hasn't done much in the last 16 months, nobody would pay the rumoured £5m for him now.

Good luck Liam, sad to see a local lad move on but hopefully he goes from strength to strength at Reading. Having him and Wes dropped into the Prem was always going to be a trial by fire but he got to see his local team win the bleeding Prem the next season!! 

52 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

What on Earth are you on about

It's not great English with poor sentence structure and a lack of punctuation in places. There are some mistakes too:

"The work behind closed doors has a massive contribution to where the club is now."

"It's a amazing dressing room"

"There is no words"

At least we can be sure he wrote it himself and he meant it, it is a more articulate farewell than you get from most footballers, despite the mistakes. Look at John Stones' cliché ridden farewell:

Probably took his PR manager all of 10 seconds to come up  with that.

Good luck to him. He had some good solid games for us in the Championship, and from what he wrote on his Instagram post, he seems to have a decent attitude. I think he'll develop into a top player, given time, and he has the right manager in Stam.

Mind you, he might have his work cut out at Reading, because they signed Tyler Blackett on Monday, who presumably will either play alongside or behind Liam in Reading's defence. They both played in the 5-3 Man U game a couple of years ago, when Moore put up a creditable performance alongside Wes, while Blackett was terrrorised by Vardy, Ulloa and the rest.

Good luck, Liam. You might need it.

15 hours ago, Captain... said:

It's not great English with poor sentence structure and a lack of punctuation in places. There are some mistakes too:

"The work behind closed doors has a massive contribution to where the club is now."

"It's a amazing dressing room"

"There is no words"

At least we can be sure he wrote it himself and he meant it, it is a more articulate farewell than you get from most footballers, despite the mistakes. Look at John Stones' cliché ridden farewell:

Probably took his PR manager all of 10 seconds to come up  with that.

It's Instagram not an A level paper.....

7 hours ago, Pasty1 said:

It's Instagram not an A level paper.....

Ridiculous comment. I don't recall asking for an exam response.

Exposure to poor written or spoken English is an annoyance to some people and I fall within that bracket. Sue me. Call me a pedant but literate indifference should get the same attention that disregard for personal hygiene does. Whether we're talking about Instagram posts or real life scenarios, it's all social interaction.

Each faux pas, whether poor communication or poor personal hygiene, stems from laziness and a sort of ignorance and arrogance that says 'I can't be arsed to learn the rules.' It just so happens that laziness, arrogance and ignorance are right at the top of my list of traits that grate on me. Might not be the case for you, but that's me. 

Look, it doesn't surprise me that he appears arrogant/ignorant. He is, after all, a footballer. 

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Ridiculous comment. I don't recall asking for an exam response.

Exposure to poor written or spoken English is an annoyance to some people and I fall within that bracket. Sue me. Call me a pedant but literate indifference should get the same attention that disregard for personal hygiene does. Whether we're talking about Instagram posts or real life scenarios, it's all social interaction.

Each faux pas, whether poor communication or poor personal hygiene, stems from laziness and a sort of ignorance and arrogance that says 'I can't be arsed to learn the rules.' It just so happens that laziness, arrogance and ignorance are right at the top of my list of traits that grate on me. Might not be the case for you, but that's me. 

Look, it doesn't surprise me that he appears arrogant/ignorant. He is, after all, a footballer. 

FFS get a life yooz 2 uptite budy

Archived