Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Why do we give so many tickets to away fans ??

Do we have to give up a certain percentage of the stadium capacity ?? We seem to be far too generous with the away allocation which probably goes back to the days when we couldn't sell out. I would've thought the club would increase capacity for home fans given the exceptional demand, at least until the capacity is increased.

Think the ruling is at least 10% of capacity (15% for Cup games) or minimum of 3,000, so we don't give away that many more than we're required to.

Be interesting to see what we do with Europe given I think the minimum is 5%. Be great to get more home fans in but might affect ticket chances for a few of us hoping to go away if a reciprocal deal's in place.

Suppose it works both ways though. As a fan who struggles to get away tickets due to a high demand, I wouldn't want to miss out due to being tight with our own away ticket allocation. I think what we offer is fair enough but I can say that safe in the knowledge that I have a season ticket. I'm sure others may disagree.  

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Think the ruling is at least 10% of capacity (15% for Cup games) or minimum of 3,000, so we don't give away that many more than we're required to.

Be interesting to see what we do with Europe given I think the minimum is 5%. Be great to get more home fans in but might affect ticket chances for a few of us hoping to go away if a reciprocal deal's in place.

I'll be pissed off if we give away fans 3k.

Especially since a lot of home fans have had to move because of the fecking media.

I have been banging on about this for a couple of years now. Can't understand it. We give 3,350 tickets to away fans (according to the match day magazine that's what Arsenal brought last season) out of a capacity of 32,500 yet next week we are getting just 2,894 (the back 4 rows of which are retricted view) at Liverpool where the capacity is now 54,000. With tickets in such high demand I cannot understand why we don't at least get in line with other clubs and offer maybe 2,800 to away teams freeing up another 500 plus tickets for our fans. As above, giving 3.350 was ok when we couldn't sell out but not now. 

33 minutes ago, Channies6thswan said:

I have been banging on about this for a couple of years now. Can't understand it. We give 3,350 tickets to away fans (according to the match day magazine that's what Arsenal brought last season) out of a capacity of 32,500 yet next week we are getting just 2,894 (the back 4 rows of which are retricted view) at Liverpool where the capacity is now 54,000. With tickets in such high demand I cannot understand why we don't at least get in line with other clubs and offer maybe 2,800 to away teams freeing up another 500 plus tickets for our fans. As above, giving 3.350 was ok when we couldn't sell out but not now. 

Have a look at the rules before you bang on about it

Off the top of my head it's 10% if the full ground capacity is under a certain amount which is either 20 or 30k I can't remember which.

Any ground capacity over that has to offer 3000 to visiting clubs, regardless if it's 32k or 75k stadium.

The fact we give a few hundred more would be down to how the section is set out, plus access to the concourse, exits etc.

Here is the ruling from the premier league handbook

R.8 Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, and subject to Rule R.9, each Home Club shall make available to its Visiting Club:

R.8.1.  3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s Stadium is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its Stadium capacity; and, whether or not that allocation is taken up;

R.8.2.  tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator accommodation.

R.9 The tickets referred to in Rule R.8 shall be made available to the Visiting Club in blocks corresponding to the blocks of seating (“Seating Block”) in the area of the Home Club’s Stadium for visiting supporters, such blocks to be designated by reference to the points at which segregation of home and away supporters can occur. There shall be no maximum or minimum number of seats in a Seating Block and any question as to the size of a Seating Block or the location of a segregation point shall be determined by the Board.

3 hours ago, promised land said:

Have a look at the rules before you bang on about it

I knew the rules as I looked it up a couple of years back. But as Jammie's post shows - we are giving a minimum of 350 tickets more to away fans than we need to ( and more if we can justify it like Liverpool and others). I just think we would be better served giving these to city fans. 

Know this isn't quite what was asked but I don't get why we have stair segregation AND seats sectioned off. If we used a rail like at Arsenal/only sectioned off seats I feel we could get another 200 or so fans in (I know that isn't a lot in proportionate the rest but every little helps) Plus when away teams sell out we could sell a lot more tickets to home fans

11 hours ago, Sammy said:

Know this isn't quite what was asked but I don't get why we have stair segregation AND seats sectioned off. If we used a rail like at Arsenal/only sectioned off seats I feel we could get another 200 or so fans in (I know that isn't a lot in proportionate the rest but every little helps) Plus when away teams sell out we could sell a lot more tickets to home fans

There used to just be the rail but they added in another aisle and seat segregation.

Probably for the best as I remember a Villa fan spitting over the divide a few years back. 

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Pretty sure the police said we're giving a maximum of 1,600. I can see this biting us away fans personally.

• 10 months later...

Just heard on the radio that spuds are going to limit away tickets for their 'home' games at Wembley to 3,000. 

90,000 capacity. They give us 3,000. Will we still give them 3,300 or will we give them to 300 of our own supporters who are struggling to get tickets? 

7 minutes ago, Channies6thswan said:

Just heard on the radio that spuds are going to limit away tickets for their 'home' games at Wembley to 3,000. 

90,000 capacity. They give us 3,000. Will we still give them 3,300 or will we give them to 300 of our own supporters who are struggling to get tickets? 

are they using the whole capacity for every game though?

Most likely they'll not use the top tier?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

are they using the whole capacity for every game though?

Most likely they'll not use the top tier?

Can't wait til the novelty wears off and they're sixth or seventh in the league, playing West Brom in front of a quiet 40k on a Tuesday evening with the only noise being a couple of thousand weird west Midlanders bouncing up and down saying "boing."

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

they're sixth or seventh in the league,

It's not going to happen though is it, as much as they're annoying they're a very decent side and they'll finish in the top 4 again.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

It is strange we give more than we have to.

It's probably logistic.

I mean, if we have to give 3.23k away as a minimum we probably can't quite count out exactly that amount and cordon it off.

Because of segregation, we'll always have to round one way or another to make sure a whole block is allocated. If the rules state a minimum of 10% then we're not going to round down, it'll always be rounding up.

I imagine most clubs end up giving away a few more seats than they've obliged to.

4 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It's not going to happen though is it, as much as they're annoying they're a very decent side and they'll finish in the top 4 again.

Depends how competitive everyone else is really.

If the Manchester clubs are awful again, Liverpool are inconsistent and Tottenham adapt to Wembley well then they'll probably be top 2.

But look how good their home from was last year yet how shit they were at Wembley. That won't bother them all season but it could take some adjustment.

I personally think they peaked last year and given how much of a tight arse Levy is they'll only go backwards from here.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depends how competitive everyone else is really.

If the Manchester clubs are awful again, Liverpool are inconsistent and Tottenham adapt to Wembley well then they'll probably be top 2.

But look how good their home from was last year yet how shit they were at Wembley. That won't bother them all season but it could take some adjustment.

I personally think they peaked last year and given how much of a tight arse Levy is they'll only go backwards from here.

I'd imagine Chelsea, Man City & United will get top 4 spots so that leaves Liverpool and Arsenal to compete with and Spurs are comfortably better than both - I don't think the Wembley factor will have any impact, they've played enough games there now.

Archived