Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 0-0 Arsenal - Results & Man of the Match

Saturday 20 August 2016, 17:30
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 0

Arsenal 0

Total Votes: 219

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Danny Drinkwater

1. Danny Drinkwater : 7.64
  2. Robert Huth : 7.43
  3. Wes Morgan : 7.23
  4. (SUB) Ahmed Musa : 7.15
  5. Riyad Mahrez : 7.04
  6. Shinji Okazaki : 6.92
  7. Danny Simpson : 6.90
  8. Kasper Schmeichel : 6.74
  9. Christian Fuchs : 6.65
  10. Jamie Vardy : 6.46
  11. (SUB) Andy King : 6.28
  12. Nampalys Mendy : 6.24
  13. Marc Albrighton : 6.23
  14. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 6.09

Team Performance: 6.79 (1/2)

Manager Performance: 7.07 (1/2)

Opposition Performance: 5.92 (2/2)

Officials Performance (Ref: Mark Clattenburg): 3.64 (2/2)

Overall Manager Confidence: 96.68% (+4.83%)

Nobody deserved under a 7 everyone gave everything for the cause, can't ask for more.

Think people are seriously underestimating the contribution Albrighton makes, he has an excellent partnership with Fuchs and gives us a balance that was sorely lacking against Hull. His crossing wasn't perfect, but then he was trying to pick out a couple of short arses, they would have to be inch perfect to be converted. I do wish that if we need to change the game and bring on Ulloa we would put Marc on the right to just whip balls into him.

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Nobody deserved under a 7 everyone gave everything for the cause, can't ask for more.

Think people are seriously underestimating the contribution Albrighton makes, he has an excellent partnership with Fuchs and gives us a balance that was sorely lacking against Hull. His crossing wasn't perfect, but then he was trying to pick out a couple of short arses, they would have to be inch perfect to be converted. I do wish that if we need to change the game and bring on Ulloa we would put Marc on the right to just whip balls into him.

I do agree here. I've thought for a while now that Albrighton would be sometimes more effective on the right wing, as opposed to cutting inside on the left trying to get crosses in. However as we know Mahrez is on the right wing and is excellent there. Sometimes I do feel we could do with a first time ball into the box from the left side, but being as Marc is right footed you can understand him going with his stronger foot.

I mentioned after the Arsenal game we could do with a left footed left winger, to get first time crosses into the box, Fuchs does it ever so well but if we had a winger to do that as well it'd be highly useful - Brady came to mind but we're well stocked on wingers. Jeff can be useful though with his left peg getting down the line and getting balls into the area. 

Very unfair on Albrighton who did some great defensive work but oh yeah I forgot people don't see that because he doesn't beat three players and score from 30 yards.

Clattenburg wasn't worse than Dean last week either.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Big fan of his I am, and you're correct it's all about balance.  It's been said before, but best players on paper does not necessarily equal best team.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

I do agree here. I've thought for a while now that Albrighton would be sometimes more effective on the right wing, as opposed to cutting inside on the left trying to get crosses in. However as we know Mahrez is on the right wing and is excellent there. Sometimes I do feel we could do with a first time ball into the box from the left side, but being as Marc is right footed you can understand him going with his stronger foot.

I mentioned after the Arsenal game we could do with a left footed left winger, to get first time crosses into the box, Fuchs does it ever so well but if we had a winger to do that as well it'd be highly useful - Brady came to mind but we're well stocked on wingers. Jeff can be useful though with his left peg getting down the line and getting balls into the area. 

As a concept, I've always liked the idea of two wingers with the same foot; one to cut in and one to deliver crosses.

Although last season, wasn't Albrighton to Mahrez one of the best assist partnerships in the Prem?

36 minutes ago, JerryLundegaard said:

Surely you don't mean that!

I do. Dean was worse. He was bad for both sides and gave free kicks for anything.

Clattenburg did have a bad game but didn't favour one side over the other.

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, JerryLundegaard said:

As a concept, I've always liked the idea of two wingers with the same foot; one to cut in and one to deliver crosses.

Although last season, wasn't Albrighton to Mahrez one of the best assist partnerships in the Prem?

Yeah I think they did. In fairness Albrighton can deliver some of the best crosses of a ball in the league (West Brom away last season was one his best particularly that I've seen). I'd like to see more of Marc on the right wing though, where he could just get the cross in without having to cut inside each time. I'm pretty sure we did put Marc on the right wing for a period of time when we started/or during the great escape and as we know since he has been introduced we've gone from strength to strength. However as I said in the original post Mahrez at RM is about his best position - nice to discuss though, not a bad issue...

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I do. Dean was worse. He was bad for both sides and gave free kicks for anything.

Clattenburg did have a bad game but didn't favour one side over the other.

I'm not sure how you don't consider being allowed to carry on with 11 men for 35' an advantage when it was a blatant foul that deserved of a yellow card.

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I'm not sure how you don't consider being allowed to carry on with 11 men for 35' an advantage when it was a blatant foul that deserved of a yellow card.

Like Bournemouth last season? As soon as they went down to 10 we were not gonna score if we carried on playing all night!

8 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Like Bournemouth last season? As soon as they went down to 10 we were not gonna score if we carried on playing all night!

Our fault for being so relient on the counter attack in terms of personnel and tactics that we couldn't penetrate the box. In this case we still had Ulloa on the bench and weren't stuck with Vardy and Okazaki in the box.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I'm not sure why, if a player is on a booking and he fouls again it should automatically be a booking? I didn't necessarily agree with what they said on MOTD but I know where they're coming from. Not every foul is a booking.

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not sure why, if a player is on a booking and he fouls again it should automatically be a booking? I didn't necessarily agree with what they said on MOTD but I know where they're coming from. Not every foul is a booking.

I think it completely misses the point to say something like another foul. That'd be like sending off for a little push in anaerial battle. It's a play in which Mahrez is going to run into the box if he doesn't make the tackle and he catches him twice with his studs. It's not malicious that he caught him but it is still dangerous. The studs or the attacking threat that challenge posed could end in a yellow card.

5 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Very very very harsh on Albrighton. Looked much more composed down our left hand side with his return and also set up some good balls for Vardy.

Certainly not our worst starter thats for sure.

My sentiments exactly.

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Yeah I think they did. In fairness Albrighton can deliver some of the best crosses of a ball in the league (West Brom away last season was one his best particularly that I've seen). I'd like to see more of Marc on the right wing though, where he could just get the cross in without having to cut inside each time. I'm pretty sure we did put Marc on the right wing for a period of time when we started/or during the great escape and as we know since he has been introduced we've gone from strength to strength. However as I said in the original post Mahrez at RM is about his best position - nice to discuss though, not a bad issue...

He was excellent as right wing back in the great escape when Pearson switched to 532.

Guest CityFan 06
20 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He was excellent as right wing back in the great escape when Pearson switched to 532.

Indeed. It worked so well because he has the ability to defend, as well as attack. 

6 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Very very very harsh on Albrighton. Looked much more composed down our left hand side with his return and also set up some good balls for Vardy.

Certainly not our worst starter thats for sure.

Albrighton and also Simpson are the two players that get their games compromised for the side to support Mahrez. Albrighton has to play on his offside and Simpson lacks protection. Yet seemingly every week those are the players that get slated, especially Albrighton, without giving them any sort of sympathy that their best attributes are compromised every match to support another player. I thought Albrighton was fine in the first half and in the second half he was great, especially the move he made to play in Vardy.

Archived