Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxtonfox

UEFA Champions League Draw - Good or Bad

OK guys, who do you want or not want in the UCL draw tomorrow. As it stands 

My nightmare draw would be:   Atlético Madrid (SPA),   Dynamo Kyiv(UKR),  Monaco (FRA)

Possible best draw:  Napoli (ITA) Club Brugge (BEL) Legia Warszawa (POL)

there are a few more to be chucked in after tonight but we can't face another English team at least. 

Guest Cujek
5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Don't care about the draw I just want you to explain to me in as much detail as possible why you chose that profile picture.

Wtf is it? Can't quite work it out on my phone.

Seems to be a lady? Maybe...

Best teams to draw (to get to at least) are - Celtic, Club Brugges, Sevilla, Sporting Lisbon, Lyon, Athletico Madrid, Dortmund, Basel, Warsaw.

Worst ones would be Rostov, Copenhagen (v v expensive place), Ludogorets, Dynamo Kiev, Zagreb.

Club Brugges has to be the easiest to get to on the Eurostar or by ferry from Dover. Loads of cheap flights to France, Germany and Spain and of course Celtic is a car trip!!

Seeding pot 1 (by association rank)[38]
Seeding pot 2
Seeding pot 3
Seeding pot 4

Note: UEFA club coefficient (CC) at the end of 2015–16 season, which is used for seeding, is listed in italics.[26][27]

6 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Different ways to look at best and worst group. For me Id love either athletico or dortmund and the 2 worst teams from pot 3 and 4. Lets face it we are probably years away from making CL again so if we're in it we may as well play the best teams in it. 

deffo this. if we face facts 95% of teams in it will fancy themselves and probably would beat us/finish above us in a group. 

if we put up a great fight against atleti or someone with world class players and fans like dortmund putting on a show etc it would be a great experience and we'd go back to normal. be arsed losing to basel. 

27 minutes ago, Bilo said:

You just know we're getting Napoli-Kiev-Besiktas.

Yep. That's one consolation as well that we won't be getting both Dynamo Kiev and Rostov due to UEFA's rules.

I'd be so annoyed if we got that combination.

Celtic genuinely wouldn't be a disastrous draw. It's about as far from a European glamour trip as you want to get, but you'd have to fancy us to beat them in a group situation considering they shipped three without reply in qualifying trips to Gibraltar and Israel.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

/?Why on earth do people want Napoli?

Don't they have one of the best home records in world football? Plus you're bound to die.

Very tough to beat at San Paolo and a high chance of getting slashed across the arse cheeks by a 36 year old man who lives with his mum and rides a moped. It doesn't appeal.

That said, I can see them being a slightly different beast without Higuain.

Leicester City

Bayer Leverkusen

Club Brugge

Dinamo Zagreb

Possibly the "best" draw with "weak" clubs on paper. However, any team out of Pot 2 is a bloody tough opposition. I chose Leverkusen because of the Aranguiz/Dragovic angle, but wouldn't mind Atlético for retro reasons.

Just me who would love Celtic? Definite home win and probably away too, it's cheaper and easier to get to. Also 3rd in the group guarantees European knockout so there's an extra place to visit anyway and 3rd is easily do-able with Celtic in our group

Archived