Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Injuries

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I've said this plenty of times but get James back in! Have faith he will be up to it :)

Yes, yes lets throw a player who has not played a competitive game for 18 months in to a champions league match.

3 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

DIdnt realise we'd got champions league match this weekend!!

No but we have a very important league game against a Premiership side that will not be easy.

As much as I would love to see Matty back to his best he is still a way from being ready to be a first team regular again and letting him have a run to get fit would be ridiculous.

We need 3 points on Saturday to get our season up and running so we can be at the right end of the table....

About to embark on the most congested period of top flight football in our modern era 

Wind forward a couple weeks

10 Sep. Liverpool A

14 Sep. CL fixture

17 Sep.  Burnley H

21 Sep. Chelsea H  league cup

24 Sep. Man U   A

28 Sep. CL fixture

2 oct  Soton. H

9 oct. Int break !! 

16 oct. Chelsea  A

19. Oct. CL fixture

22 oct. palace H

29 oct. Spurs A

2 Nov. CL fixture

everyone happy the squad is deep enough??

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Matty James and Inler may get chances in the FA and League Cups at CM as a means of keeping the minutes down. That's not so bad.

They will play League cup and the U23 cup id imagine. FA cup not an issue could be out of all other cups before we enter that

In midfield we have Drinkwater, King, James, Amartey, Inler and Kaputska can play as an attacking midfield.

Schlupp plays down the left where we have Fuchs and Chilwell Gray and Albrighton, and if needed the left footed Mahrez or the right footed Kaputska, Musa also played there briefly on Saturday.

We don't need a new signing, now if an amazing midfielder is available then sign him up, but we don't need to panic buy.

For the squad,and for direct cover I still believe we need a RB, a CB, and my priority a midfielder.

I would like to see an experienced midfielder, who can  force the game, plus a younggun who wants

the move his career forward, but  is prepared to bide his time this season, with the odd game time. 

If Benaloune is fit and still can be considered for a number, it would welcome him back into the fold,

giving us cover enough across the backline.

Forwards are covered, we have enough permatations.

Backing this up, I expect us to have players from the reserves, u21...etc, etc, chasing that potential opening.

If we arent able to use this transfer market, I would also be tempted to hold onto Inler.

I just feel we are still a bit light on 'quality'  cover.

I think we need a CM in just about the worst way. James can be that guy maybe 6 months or a year down the line, but I don't think he's up to full speed to contribute in a premiership or champions league campaign. I think we need to bring in a starting quality midfielder via transfer, so that we don't run Drinkwater and King into the ground. God forbid Drinkwater gets injured, how would we cope? 

We will not sign players just because of injuries. That's ridiculous.

We'll strengthen because we need to. Mendy's injury will not change transfer strategy.

I'm guessing we're shifting out the players who are no longer required such as Moore and RDL plus securing our key players on new contracts first.

As that now seems to be done, I expect we'll be making a few late moves.

We're already aware that Mendy was brought in to play alongside Kante, not replace him. As Kante is gone, we're logically still in the market for a midfielder which we would have been had we not lost Mendy to injury.

3 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

I'd give Inler and Benny a fair chance personally! Hopefully James too. 

A new CM and RB, as much as i like Simpson, i do think he is the most easily replaceable 

agree with this... we dont have a weak link, but he'd be the least likely to get an offer from a decent champions league team, and imho thats how we need to judge our team these days

Archived