Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/slimani-i-will-give-everything-for-leicester-city-3284369.aspx

- Leicester City sign Islam Slimani from Sporting Lisbon on Transfer Deadline Day 

- The 28-year-old talks about his excitement at the prospect of playing for the Premier League champions 
- Slimani reveals that Riyad Mahrez has spoken to him about the atmosphere at King Power Stadium 
- The striker could make his debut for City away at Liverpool on Saturday 10 September 

Deadline Day signing Islam Slimani has vowed to do everything in his power to help the team after joining Leicester City from Sporting Lisbon. 

The 28-year-old striker became City’s final addition of the transfer window and couldn’t hide his excitement at joining the Premier League winners as they prepare for their first-ever Champions League campaign. 

Slimani joins the Foxes on the back of a season that saw hit net 27 goals in just 33 league games for Sporting, while he also boasts a wealth of international experience with Algeria, where he plays alongside current City star Riyad Mahrez. 

The pair will link up again with Algeria this international break as they take on Lesotho in an Africa Cup of Nations Qualifier before returning to Leicester to link up with his new team-mates. 

That means the first chance for Foxes fans to see Slimani in action could be the trip to face Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday 10 September, and for the man himself, it’s an exciting prospect. 
Speaking to LCFC.com, Slimani said: “To join a team like Leicester City is a huge honour and I can’t wait to get started. I’ve always wanted to play my football in the Premier League and to get the opportunity to do that with the reigning champions was something I simply could not turn down. 

“I saw the amazing success of last season and the passion of the Club’s supporters. That’s something that I’m so excited to be a part of.” 

The Foxes travel to Club Brugge in the Champions League following the Liverpool game before Slimani has a chance to play at King Power Stadium for the first time on Saturday 17 September. 

They face off against newly promoted Burnley that day and the new boy revealed that Mahrez has already told him a little about what to expect when he walks out onto the pitch at the home of the champions. 

He added: “My friend Riyad Mahrez spoke to me about the Club and about the atmosphere the Leicester fans create at King Power Stadium. I will give absolutely everything I have on the pitch for them and for my team-mates and I hope that together we can achieve something special.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/slimani-i-will-give-everything-for-leicester-city-3284369.aspx#tLsZFZGhI0OuCDp1.99

Archived