Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Remember on saturday when someone said he looks like a poor man's Ulloa lol

Perfect signing.

I was just gonna mention that. Lol. 

He's a massive upgrade on Ulloa. He's aggressive, hard worker and gets in fantastic positions. At £27m we could have done a lot worse. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I was just gonna mention that. Lol. 

He's a massive upgrade on Ulloa. He's aggressive, hard worker and gets in fantastic positions. At £27m we could have done a lot worse. 

I've got to be honest, whilst I was confident he'd be an upgrade on Ulloa, I didn't think we NEEDED an upgrade on Ulloa enough to pay thirty million.

Now I've seen him in the flesh over a couple of full games, I'm glad to have been completely wrong.

Capable of both the Ulloa and Shinji roles whilst also being the team's goalscorer and apparently enforcer! 

Looks well worth the money at the minute.

Am sure Brahimi was cheering for his teammates from the stand.

I was glad Brahimi wasn't there, thx coach! 

Not likely another Algerian/African in the squad but imagine what would be for oponents having 2 Mahrez like on each side and Vardy and Slimani in front. Nightmare with tons of crosses for Slim head!

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Am sure Brahimi was cheering for his teammates from the stand.

I was glad Brahimi wasn't there, thx coach! 

Not likely another Algerian/African in the squad but imagine what would be for oponents having 2 Mahrez like on each side and Vardy and Slimani in front. Nightmare with tons of crosses for Slim head!

Why not ?

IMO it is not 5/6 missed games in 2 years that prevent a club from buying a world class talent.

Injuries, suspensions etc can cause much more games to miss for a player.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

f7cbc730-0074-48ab-9154-d3d256f85703.jpg

Class picture ! I am just so happy for him. I think besides anything else  he's trying to proove himself worthy the amount of money spent on him and I'm sure he'll succeed. This guy is from my city he's not after money or fame hes simply after recognition not only for him but the Algerian local players and ppl. 

LCFC is giving him the chance to do that with the CL and Barclays which is a delight to watch. 

For me, he's a more mobile version of Les Ferdinand when we had him.

Quality player, really impressed with him.  Nice to have a player in the team who is clearly in the form of his career/about to enter it, rather than a quality player on the wrong side of 30 - thinking Ferdinand, Cottee types who were great for us at the time we had them (albeit for a short amount of time).

Signals intent and long may it continue!

FC PORTO
"We hope not to suffer more Slimani goals" - Casillas
09:29 - 28/09/2016

Having scored FC Porto at Sporting, the classic match championship on 28 August, Islam Slimani scored again the dragons, this time with the jersey of Leicester in the Champions League. In all, the Algerian sum seven goals in nine games against the blue and white. 

"We suffered against Sporting and now against Leicester. We hope not to suffer more Slimani goals, "said Casillas, considering that Porto did not deserve to have left defeated (0-1) Leicester. 

" The result is unfair, the fairest was the tie. In the second part we respond very well, we tried to give back, we had opportunities to do so ", said the Spaniard, who finished the game 50 of Dragon to the chest. 

And now? "Of course our chances pass by two games with Club Brugge. Let's think game by game. Therefore, we must first think about the championship, "he recalled.

---------------------------

lol
Someone also pointed out on Reddit that the moment Mahrez received the ball from Albrighton, Casillas started pointing at the inrushing Slimani, presumably yelling for someone to mark him, knowing what can happen if a cross comes in. 5 seconds later..... https://my.mixtape.moe/jhujez.mp4

1 hour ago, brucey said:

lol

Someone also pointed out on Reddit that the moment Mahrez received the ball from Albrighton, Casillas started pointing at the inrushing Slimani, presumably yelling for someone to mark him, knowing what can happen if a cross comes in. 5 seconds later..... https://my.mixtape.moe/jhujez.mp4

Right on and Casillas was clearly furious after that.

Slimani like a Goalies' sniper you never know when or from where u gonna get hit lol

On 9/24/2016 at 05:43, Howard99 said:

Absolutely embarrassing performance from him today in my opinion. 

What???? This comment makes absolutely no sense! From other negative comments you had made about Islam Slimani, it appears you simply, and putting it mildly, don't like Islam Slimani for a reason only you know. Your comments say more about you than about the person you are commenting about.  

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

What???? This comment makes absolutely no sense! From other negative comments you had made about Islam Slimani, it appears you simply, and putting it mildly, don't like Islam Slimani for a reason only you know. Your comments say more about you than about the person you are commenting about.  

Haha "embarrassing" for a striker to win us the game?

I'd take it any game. Of course the more a player contributes the better but in the great scheme of things if the one thing a guy does is score the goal that delivers three points, I'd find it hard to criticise.

I would criticise of course...if the rest of the performance was sub-standard. But only with an arm round my player, a big smile on my face and in the context of saying: "I only mention what wasn't so good because I think you can be even better than brilliant!" :D     

we have the wide players to reign in cross after cross for this guy to get on the end of so let's play to his strengths and he will score loads of goals for us. you can tell in games he is always looking for the service to him. so let's keep providing the bullets for him and he will get them on target and blast them into the net

Archived