Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

Silva, a centre half and a right back and we'll get to a point where we have a squad like this for back up;

Zieler

Simpson Hernandez *new CB* Chilwell

Musa Mendy Amartey Gray

Okazaki Ulloa

IMO that's better than 7 or 8 current PL starting XIs.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Silva, a centre half and a right back and we'll get to a point where we have a squad like this for back up;

Zieler

Musa Mendy Amartey Gray

Okazaki Ulloa

Cannot play Silva and Drinkwater together without a more defensive mid imo.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Zieler

Musa Mendy Amartey Gray

Okazaki Ulloa

In all fairness that is a quality second team! That's not even including Kapustka (however spelt), King, Was, James who could quite easily be challenging for a space within that team too

3 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Maybe I am being daft but I honestly don't know how Silva fits in our system unless we play three in the midfield. Surely we wouldn't buy him to be a backup to Drinky?

Honestly, what am I missing here?

Gives us options. He probably has an understanding with Slim like Drinky does with Vardy. So if Vardy needs resting, Silva starting would probably be a must. And we can rest Drinky ahead/after CL games.

Just now, AKCJ said:

If Sporting drop out of the Champions League and we progress, would Silva be allowed to play for us if we sign him?

Nope. Played yesterday. Cup tied.

2 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Gives us options. He probably has an understanding with Slim like Drinky does with Vardy. So if Vardy needs resting, Silva starting would probably be a must. And we can rest Drinky ahead/after CL games.

Nope. Played yesterday. Cup tied.

Yeah, I saw him play but I didn't know whether there was a reset after the group stages or something.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah, I saw him play but I didn't know whether there was a reset after the group stages or something.

I believe there is. We can register three new players in out list and none of them can have played for a side that is still in the knockout stages.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

6 minutes ago, FireFox said:

I see. It's not my money, but investing in 20 million plus for a player who will not always be starting seems excessive. Still, I suppose we could use some extra quality. I hope he's the sort of player who tracks back and defends too.

4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I see. It's not my money, but investing in 20 million plus for a player who will not always be starting seems excessive. Still, I suppose we could use some extra quality. I hope he's the sort of player who tracks back and defends too.

We spent 30m on Slim even after being in he won't start every game. Neither will Vardy or Drinky.

33 minutes ago, Steven said:

I believe there is. We can register three new players in out list and none of them can have played for a side that is still in the knockout stages.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season.

What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?

A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2016.

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:

• In the same competition for another club; OR (Silva would apply here. )
  • For another club that is currently in the same competition (applies specifically to third-placed UEFA Champions League teams joining the UEFA Europa League)

57 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season.

What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?

A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2016.

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:

• In the same competition for another club; OR (Silva would apply here. )
  • For another club that is currently in the same competition (applies specifically to third-placed UEFA Champions League teams joining the UEFA Europa League)

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:  is it just me or does that caption make no sense

19 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I would have preferred if we had signed Mane for 30 Mil but Capoue is not a bad shout. I have my doubts Watford will do business with us after Deeney.

They will do business like any prem club but at what cost. We have seen this summer a 10m player going for or being asked in excess of 20m. In Jan that will be 30 to 35m.

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:  is it just me or does that caption make no sense

Basically, we're allowed to use one player if he played in the Europa League... and a Europa League team can use one player who played in the CL, if his previous team didn't finish 3rd in their group. 

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Zieler

Musa Mendy Amartey Gray

Okazaki Ulloa

It looks like the Schluppmeister has been left out by the dustbins now 

Leicester City and Bournemouth battling to sign former Arsenal target Jankto

Posted By sport1on1 staff on September 15, 2016 

Leicester City and Bournemouth are reportedly interested in signing talented young midfielder Jakub Jankto from Udinese. 

According to the Guardian, Arsenal scouted the 20-year-old for a season, but did not make an offer.

Leicester and Bournemouth are now amongst the favourites to sign him, the source suggests, with a price-tag of £8 million mooted.

A Czech Republic Under-21 international, Jankto spent last season on loan at Ascoli, for whom he scored five goals in 34 league appearances.

The European clubs that have broken their transfer record this summer

Udinese rate Jankto highly and would ideally like to retain his services for the long-term, but, with his contract due to run out at the end of next season, the Italian side my seek to sell the youngster to avoid the risk of losing him on a free transfer.

A neat passer of the ball, Jankto mainly operates as a central midfielder, but he is also capable of making an impact on the left flank if required.

Leicester have had much success with regards to luring players from Europe and turning them into star players, with N’Golo Kante and Riyad Mahrez having played a key part in the Foxes’ title success last season.

There is a possibility that Jankto, who joined Udinese from Slavia Prague’s academy in 2014, could break into the first-team at the Serie A side this season, but the signs suggest that he may not stay at the club for long.

CM a must. Still would like N'Zonzi here but would be very happy with Silva too.

A young talented RB. Or an instant upgrade on Simpson if he is struggling.

A young CB. Not a must but with the future in mind, we have an ageing back 4, especially the CB's. I suspect we will go back in for Keane in the Summer. 

Other that that, and depending how we perform, I am very happy with the squad we have assembled. 

Archived