Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Defensive Shambles

No excuses for the lack of coordination and concentration today. We've looked as apalling as we've done in years today, everyone has been utterly atrocious.

I think we've relied too much on Wes, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson continuing on from last season and we've not added any real competition or cover in this area. We were pursuing Keane after signing Hernandez so we knew we were short of quality competition in this area. We didn't get him and left it as it was. To have only one right back in the squad is very poor, Simpson has no competition.

I'm sorry, but I've been saying this all season. Amartey is not good enough. He's been poor in every game bar Swansea. He has no positional sense whatsoever, doesn't seem to work hard enough for a defensive midfielder, his passing is terrible and unimaginative, and he misses far too many tackles.

I don't care about the "He's only young, he'll get better" bollocks. He's not good enough now.

442 away against teams like this... Why hasn't he done something else?! And defending from corners... Do we do anything in training? Oh yes because we are practicing against our own shit delivery. 

Going down, don't care if it is Liverpool or Man Utd, defending is Sunday league. 

We aren't the usual pressing team from last season which puts pressure on the defence.

slimani/Vardy didn't press once in that first half, we are suppose to be a team that defends from the front.

can only think its the team trying to conserve energy for Porto.

This is the worst we've played since 6-0 at Portsmouth.

Big Nige wouldn't have allowed this to happen either, we would at least be in the match, there would be headbutts all over the place.

United are class without Fellaini and Rooney dragging them down, and our 442 cannot persist against teams like this without Kante. It's unfair to put Amartey in at 21 years old and expect him to be the same.

****ing fuming.

I'd like to say that Daniel Amartey has done nothing but a horrendous performance today and is the one who derserve most criticism today.

And to be honest, he's quite very bad against top teams...

The absence of N'Golo Kanté will probably never be filled for a long time I think.

5 minutes ago, Drygon said:

I'd like to say that Daniel Amartey has done nothing but a horrendous performance today and is the one who derserve most criticism today.

And to be honest, he's quite very bad against top teams...

The absence of N'Golo Kanté will probably never be filled for a long time I think.

The problem is Amartey is a 21 year old kid who has only played in the Danish league which lets face it is about as good as the SPL. It's hard to expect too much from him but there we are, we have nobody else. We didn't strenthen enough in the summer, we were unlucky with Papy Mendy's injury but we are exhausting Drinkwater by playing him every game and the only other option we have is King who I'm sorry to say, yes good club man, but he's best coming off the bench to see out victories not starting games, realistically he's not good enough for where we are supposed to be now. Letting Inler go looks like a mistake as he may have come in useful in matches such as these.

10 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I'm sorry, but I've been saying this all season. Amartey is not good enough. He's been poor in every game bar Swansea. He has no positional sense whatsoever, doesn't seem to work hard enough for a defensive midfielder, his passing is terrible and unimaginative, and he misses far too many tackles.

I don't care about the "He's only young, he'll get better" bollocks. He's not good enough now.

He was good against Brugge and Burnley too, obviously just doesn't have enough against the big teams unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

He was good against Brugge and Burnley too, obviously just doesn't have enough against the big teams unfortunately 

Honestly, I don't think he was (and I'm not just saying this in hindsight, I posted as much in the Burnley post-match).

He doesn't really offer anything. He's much poorer defensively than Drinkwater is, and Drinky can actually pass the ball on top of it. Amarety only ever plays a 3 yard ball to the nearest blue shirt, and even that doesn't always get there.

5 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

Why people are blaming the formation when we conceded three goals from corners is beyond me

Because we were dominated in general play too.

Remember last season at home to Man City where we set up 451 and got a 0-0 draw? That's how we should be playing against the bigger teams especially away.

Archived