Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Gray done well today but it's worth remembering Utd had settled for saving energy second half. Dropping Albrighton is laughable, He gets through a massive amount of work in a match. I would like to see him play on the right side where he could support Mahrez going forward especially filling the space on the wing when Mahrez cuts inside. It would also allow him cross the Ball on his natural foot. Gray could then come in on the left hand side. Although he needs to improve the defensive side of his game. 

I would like to see him get a run in the side.

I would like him to come in sometimes for Albrighton ,  somtimes for Mahrez.

Not because I believe either should be dropped, but to get the rotation idea going,

and get the healthy idea of competition into the squad.

Same for Musa, Vardy, and Slimani, with CL to get through, rotation and competition

order of the day.Not tinkering everygame, but planned rotation..with the fringe players

having a fair bite of the cherry.Mendy , Schlupp have shown injuries will crop up.

The squad becomes the team, but not just the 1st 13 but upto what the season provides.

Albrighton has been poor this season. Mahrez has turned up last two games prior to United, but for me Albrighton hasn't been on his game this season. Constantly giving the ball away, not putting those quality balls in and not even doing the same defensive work. 

I'd like to see us go 4-3-3 from now on with King coming in for extra protection and Gray and Mahrez out wide, in the same way United set up and we can have Drinky playing the playmaker role and getting further forward.

I must be missing something. I think Gray has consistantly looked good when picked, almost ever since his signing. Along with Mahrez, the only other player that regularly beats his man and creates opportunities from the wing. Also has an eye for goal. Where he does fall down a little is in defensive work and that is something we can ill afford on current form. The answer is surely a change of formation and his inclusion for a run of games. I really believe he is good enough to be a regular starter.

9 hours ago, shailen said:

Albrighton has been poor this season. Mahrez has turned up last two games prior to United, but for me Albrighton hasn't been on his game this season. Constantly giving the ball away, not putting those quality balls in and not even doing the same defensive work. 

I'd like to see us go 4-3-3 from now on with King coming in for extra protection and Gray and Mahrez out wide, in the same way United set up and we can have Drinky playing the playmaker role and getting further forward.

Give over, Albrighton was our best player against Brugge and one of the best players against Burnley. He was better than Mahrez in both those games, ludicrous to insinuate Mahrez at least turned up for those 2 games but Albrighton didn't.

• Like 2

Albrighton has been fantastic this season, the only thing that's let him down is his weaker left foot.

Whlst he previously looked like a liability, Gray's impressed me with his work rate in his most recent appearances. He just needs to become a little less greedy. Same goes for everyone, they've all been taking way too many touches in the final third this season, not passing it quickly enough. Not sure if this is a lack of sharpness, team gelling, or a tactical thing. Or it's enforced by the opposition.

Is ranieri trying to get us to push further up the pitch and play slower? It's suicidal when the whole team doesn't press as a unit, plus it'll expose our slow defence.

He blows hot and cold. Sometimes looks outstanding, at other times frustrating and lacking in sufficient stamina over a period.

But occasionally as against United and Spurs away last season for example he shows the ability to deliver an end product and his two shots (including the goal) against United were one of the highlights of our season so far.

I'd like him to play a part against Porto too. He's just about earned it against a background of indifference from many others.  

At his best, he's exactly the kind of player we need right now. Someone to stir the soul.     

On 9/24/2016 at 23:04, Clever Fox said:

Gray done well today but it's worth remembering Utd had settled for saving energy second half. Dropping Albrighton is laughable, He gets through a massive amount of work in a match. I would like to see him play on the right side where he could support Mahrez going forward especially filling the space on the wing when Mahrez cuts inside. It would also allow him cross the Ball on his natural foot. Gray could then come in on the left hand side. Although he needs to improve the defensive side of his game. 

United didn't concede Gray's goal on purpose or his second goal-threatening shot. And united opened the half as if they didn't want to lose possession at all. I admit they subdued their attacking mode but I don't think that detracts at all from Gray's performance.

The idea of his playing on the same side as Mahrez might possibly strengthen that side still further but it would leave us with no pacey penetration on the left and stop Gray goalscoring potential would not be so strong on the right because the angles are tighter. 

The great pity to me is that neither is two footed and I never understand why this should be with full-time footballers. Becoming strong and accurate with both feet can be addressed with simple but regular conditioned football and would improve many a player including ours.

I'm sorry Tracian if I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Gray's or his Goal It was a wonderful strike. My reference to utd was that their general play had eased up which made it easier for us to have a little success.

I wasn't talking about Gray playing on the right either. It was Albrighton I was referring to. He would offer so much more on the right being able to support Simpson and Mahrez while also throwing in a few crosses from his natural side. Instead of checking back when he gets forward on the left. Defenders have cottoned on to it now.

Your right though it would weaken our left side but only while we readjust and get used to it. We could bring in Schlupp in there were he played before where he can raid down the left. Then in some games even bring in Gray as the winger, same as he played on Saturday second half. This would balance us up more making us very strong down the right and reasonably strong on the left. If Schlupp gets his act together quickly. 

You're also right about Two footed professional players. It was something I was encouraged to do as a youngster and I cannot see why players are not encouraged to practice it today. The only club that does I'm aware of is Liverpool ever since the Shankly days.

Do feel like we could regret not giving him more of a chance but hope to be proved wrong. I do rate Albrighton highly and very much appreciate what he does for the team but he's been extremely poor in patches this season and am a little surprised he hasn't been dropped for Gray yet. I get the 'he's been better than Mahrez this year' argument completely but I don't feel like we can drop a player of his calibre. Albrighton is very much replaceable I think. Hope to see Demarai soon

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I actually think he will eventually play down the middle. He has  a lot of what it takes to be a very good striker...

Could definitely see it when he has more experience. He's played behind the striker before and looks good.

When Mendy is fit, if Drinky ever needs a rest, I'd love to see a fluid 4231 like this:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

Amartey - Mendy

Mahrez- Gray - Musa

Slimani

Maybe Schlupp for Musa, maybe Vardy for Slimani

• Like 1