Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Porto (home) Post Match Thread 1 - 0

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Hernandez seems fitter, sharper and more on the same wavelength of his fellow defenders. Could oust Simpson after all?

Agreed. Thought Hernandez was great. Pleased for Amartey and Slim. New boys settling in well.

Thought Vardy was a little unlucky at times - if he'd had some better service he might have shown up a bit better. He was pretty well marshalled all night

Great game today, thought the lads played their hearts out. The grit and determination was immense. A few possible areas of note:

- As much as I thought Drinky had a good game, there were times when the obvious ball to play was forward instead of going back and allowing the opposition to orgonise, I'm sure last season there was more risk with the quick counters. He still had a very solid performance!

- Amartey was great, and cut out some critical Porto moves, especially that backpost header from open play, What was even doing there?! I feel he still needs to work on winning the ball more often instead of just covering space. Good game he had mind..

- Thought the ref was a bit poor today, for and against us. Buying into to peoples reactions too much. I guess thats the CL for ya. 

Top night!

Great European performance, pressure on opponents, get a goal and sit deep. like we have been playing in the Champions League for years.

Amartey was excellent tonight, Hernandez man of the match for me, outstanding.

Great to have Kasper back between the sticks.

Next up Copenhagen, looks like our toughest challenge but if we can get a win its almost there!

Slowly slowly our youngster is showing the potential , Amartey wasnt W Class nor was he to be fair brilliant,

but a good for value MOM.  I still believe he needs to be with 2 other midfielders.

Thought Hernandez was also solid..

Now the weekend, do we rest 3-4 from tonight.??

Best atmosphere I've ever been involved in that, magnificent. Porto and Leicester fans both on good form. Officiating was very poor, thankfully in the context of the result it remains amusing rather than harrowing. Thought Porto probably did enough to earn a draw by the end, they wore us down and think the subs should have come earlier. But we clung on for a fantastic result. Great night. 

Cracking performance, everyone put an incredible shift in. Lads looked knackered at the end so glad we're not playing until Sunday. 

Amartey motm for me, but Drinkwater, Hernandez and Slimani were all superb too. What a night.

Great performance and great win to be proud of. Amartey has got to be MOTM however all the players put in a great performance. Credit also to put in such a good performance after such a shocking one. Confidence high, bring on the next victim!

Archived