Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up at Fortress KP.. Southampton.. Thoughts?

Just now, weller54 said:

1-0 win.. 

The Saints Slayer with the winner! 

Aye, time to do an about turn!

Southampton are playing well atm. Will be a tough game, which, if we win, should build some confidence in both the team and the fans.

Should be an interesting match as we have found out how we compare (or don't compare) with the top teams so far and have coped well with the sides that will be towards the bottom. Southampton are middle quality and its beating teams like these that will give us a good indication to where we will finish.

A good quality side but Leicester to win.

Has to be same team, although would be tempted to see Gray play for Albrighton but each time he gets dropped, we don't seem to play well. Maybe just look to introduce Gray earlier depending on how the game is going. Other than that, Simpson maybe to come back in, although I thought Hernandez did ok tonight and the long throw is such a weapon!

Southampton were very impressive at the weekend so this will be a really tough match and we won't win unless we are at our best. Defend well, get the clean sheet and we are always likely to score!

Worried that Tuesday night has taken an awful lot out of us, but on the positive side it was a Tuesday and if Southampton have a Europa game on Thursday we should theoretically be in better shape. I'd have considered a change or two - maybe Simpson in for Morgan with Hernandez going to the middle as Wes is looking absolutely knackered, perhaps even Musa starting for Vardy - but we probably don't need it. 

At least we actually have options of being able to rotate the team - good options at that. Ideally another CB and Mendy for would be nice. 

Hope pe they put out a half decent side on Thursday. Got to fly back from Israel Friday morning then travel up to Leicester Saturday evening. 

Reckon we'll sneak it, either 1-0 or 2-1. 

If we played like we did against Porto I think we could take all three points,but this games not an easy one.

would like to see Gray too his pace and now him grabbing that superb goal at a match I would rather forget,but would you still put him Infront of Albrighton even though he wasn't at his best against Porto?

But saying that we're at home and I'm going for a 3-0 win for the FOXES,and who knows a Vardy or SLIMSHADY Hatrick but I would love to see Danny Drinkwater get on the score sheet after having a superb start to the season the guy is amazing!

Will be nice to go into the game with the psychological benefit of having two days extra rest. I imagine the players may well have today and tomorrow off.

Drinky can go off to Ibiza for the rest of the week for all I care. The man deserves a break.

Glad someone reminded me that Southampton have a Europa League match. I wonder whether they'll play their full first team for that or might rest one or two?

A few of ours looked shattered by the end last night: Vardy, Albrighton, Fuchs & Morgan.

I'm sure Wes will be alright for 90 mins, but I might be tempted to rest 1 or 2 of the others, or at least sub them off after an hour or so....

Musa for Vardy, Chilwell for Fuchs and/or Schlupp or Gray for Albrighton, after an hour if not from the start?

Southampton are returning to last season's form, unfortunately, so I'd settle for a scrappy win and wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw and a decent performance.

I said to my brother last night i would take a draw. I forgot though that they have Europa league on Thursday. They will look to rotate their squad more than us so may give us the edge. Will be a close game but we may just scrape it 2-1. Still wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw they are a good side

I like Southampton as a team and a club. A lot of similarities between them and us in terms of club size, stadium, history, etc. I thought this season could be a bridge too far for them in selling their best players and losing their manager, but once again they've got their recruitment spot on.

I think the European schedule will work in our favour though. Our lads will have their feet up today, then back into work tomorrow to prepare for the game. Southampton will be completely focused on the Europa, they will travel to Israel today, play tomorrow night, get back at best the early hours of Friday morning. What time will they have to prepare? A light session Friday night/Saturday morning? Discuss tactics on the journey to Leicester? 

It will always be a tough game against Saints, but if we play well we will win this one.

Depending on what team they put out the fact we've played midweek is totally negated as we get the extra days rest playing on the Sunday and this lot have a game on Thursday.

It'll be a good yard stick to where we actually are at the moment, the manner and margins of defeats at Anfield and Old Trafford were disconcerting but they are hardly places you go and fully expect to win if you are anybody really. 

Archived