Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up at Fortress KP.. Southampton.. Thoughts?

18 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

So this is a 2.15pm KO on a Sunday but it's not on Sky or BT?

Can't seem to see it in the planner.... Am I missing something (apart from a match ticket).......?

17 hours ago, Danizen said:

It's been moved because of Southampton's Europa League game. Not for TV. 

It's also done in such a way that we mirror the kick off time of another game. Think it's for international TV reasons. So Spurs-Man City kicks off at 2:15pm, meaning we will too.

It's stat time 

• Leicester have lost only one of their 10 home Premier League games against the Saints, winning seven (D2).
  • The Saints have only kept one clean sheet in their last 15 top-flight trips to Leicester, doing so in a 4-0 win in December 2001.
  • The Foxes' haul of seven home Premier League wins against Southampton is their most against an opponent in the competition.
  • Southampton have only won one of their seven league trips to the King Power Stadium, claiming a 2-1 victory in December 2007 - they have lost two and drawn one of three Premier League visits.
  • Leicester have lost three of their six Premier League games this season (W2 D1), as many as they lost in their previous 42 in the competition (W26 D13).
  • This is the third time in the last four seasons that the defending champions have had seven points after six games (also Man Utd 13-14 and Chelsea 15-16). Only Blackburn in 1995/96 have collected fewer points from six games as a reigning Premier League champions (4).
  • The average finishing position in the Premier League era for a team with Leicester's total of seven points from six games is 12th.
  • Southampton have gone three hours without conceding in the Premier League.
  • Since scoring in a Premier League record 11 consecutive games, Jamie Vardy has scored in only nine of 28 appearances (12 goals).
  • Charlie Austin will be trying to score in three successive Premier League appearances for the first time since Boxing Day 2014.

On 9/28/2016 at 07:56, lgfualol said:

Kasper

Hernandez

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Gray

Okazaki

Slim 

Subs; Zieler, Simpson, Schlupp, Musa, Vardy, Mendy, Ulloa/Albrighton

i would pick the same team , maybe Vardy in for Okazaki . 

i like Albrighton works his socks off for the team but his final ball has been poor .

I see Paul Merson is predicting a Southampton win. Why? I may be wrong but I'm thinking that the last time we lost a home premier league match was over a year ago (Arsenal).

I know they were good at West Ham but, come on, this is at The King Power - The home of The Champions of England!!

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Austin'll be a threat. He's exactly the sort who could lead our defenders a dance. But who Dares Wins and our first requirement is to play with the right attitude and commitment. Anything half-hearted and we'll pay for it.  

Absolutely agree Thrac

Southampton will definately punish us if we aren't 100 per cent

I wouldn't expect too many changes to be honest. Naturally if we had a week in between, you probably wouldn't change a winning team but this will be game 7 in 22 days. I just don't think we are strong enough to make 4 or 5 changes however for Prem. For me Drinky and Wes are due a rest, but must play. Unchanged for me.

Those on here slating Albrighton.  Ran the furthest distance of any player on the pitch against Porto.  Threw his body on the line to stop their shot in the final few minutes, deflected it onto the post.  Sprayed a thirty yard pass out to Mahrez, helping us score the first goal.

Some people want him dropped?

I expect Claudio to keep the same (winning) team, perhaps with only Simpson coming in for Hernandez. Five days' rest should be sufficient to shake off any fatigue, especially as the team (if not our international players) will have two weeks off after it.

I really value Albrighton's energy and effort but let's be honest (and if you don't believe me, watch a full re-run of the match) he was a liability for much of the game v Porto (two decisive interventions notwithstanding) because he kept giving the ball to the opposition with poor passes and crosses and weak challenges - and in so doing helped Porto to seize the initiative late on. He also messed up that big early chance against Man United. He should probably start v Southampton because of the balance he gives the team but he needs to up his game considerably or Claudio will hook him and replace him with Gray (who must be straining at the leash after his display at Old Trafford), which is exactly what he did after Albrighton's equally ropey first half at Wembley. As we know, Gray got the nod v Hull but messed up his chance. It's unlikely he will again now that his confidence is up, so the pressure's on Albrighton. Mahrez will not make way for Gray, and nor should he. He's too good - our 'light' as Claudio calls him.

Saints will make it tough and haven't conceded for a while, but they have more to fear from us than we have from them. We are the champions, and we are at our raucous, unbreachable fortress. I expect a contest and an outcome similar to Tuesday.

12 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Those on here slating Albrighton.  Ran the furthest distance of any player on the pitch against Porto.  Threw his body on the line to stop their shot in the final few minutes, deflected it onto the post.  Sprayed a thirty yard pass out to Mahrez, helping us score the first goal.

Some people want him dropped?

Some people really need to watch his performances a little more objectively - he's always seemingly been naively underrated by many on this forum.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well the atmosphere should be cranked up - the ref is......

Martin Atkinson, his first Leicester game since the infamous Arsenal away in February 

Let's all make sure we give him the welcome he deserves and scream for a card at the slightest contact with any of our players. :)

The frustration with Albrighton this season has been that his final ball has been awful. He is very poor on his left foot, see the disgraceful cross against Man Utd where Vardy and Slimani were in acres of space to put the ball in the net but he lofted it in to the arms of De Gea. He can't get the ball in quickly because he's having to check back on to his right foot or he's snatching at it with his left, I really wish we could play him on the right where I believe he'd be undroppable. I know the havoc Mahrez wreaks on the right cutting in but I do wish they'd mix it up throughout the games to give Marc licence to whip balls on quickly to Slimani.

Archived