Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Did anybody else notice...

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

I am reasonably sure that the champions league music didn't start until the players were lined up on the pitch ready to shake hands, by which time the horn would've finished. 

It starts as they walk out doesn't it? And then plays for ages.

God knows, even if it doesn't that's some pretty rapid hornage going on if your whacking the post hor gallop out in the time is takes for a player to walk 15 yards. 

We know why it wasn't played, they start every game the same, they have the same logo in the center circle before every game, christ they even make everyone cut the pitch the same. It's their competition, I can live with it. 

Dictating we can't sell beer in our own ground, well, I am outraged, and sober, not good. 

11 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Did anyone notice the complete lack of Filbert or the Birch? No child racing at half time either. These Uefa bellends need to learn how to put a show on, I bet they've never even thought of getting people to chip a football into a roofless shed at half time, utter shambles.

This needs to be sorted asap.  Yes i missed the birch welcoming the visiting supporters esp.  But why no filbert?

Also the away team shook hands with our lads rather than the other way round! !!!

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

This needs to be sorted asap.  Yes i missed the birch welcoming the visiting supporters esp.  But why no filbert?

Also the away team shook hands with our lads rather than the other way round! !!!

Filbert wasn't allowed to advertise King Power and officials thought it was indecent for him to go shirtless.

Overlooked until about 7-35 was the King power logo on the stairs in the directors box

a mate sent me this photo - all the big nobs walking in whilst it was being done and Susan Whelan not looking too impressed. Rudkin was happy to see that he isn't the doziest member of staff !

IMG_4410.JPG

apparently they were covering them up with blue boarding and gaffer tape throughout the first half!!

On 27/09/2016 at 23:51, EnglishOxide said:

So are Etihad/Emirates affiliated with UEFA? I've never noticed their branding changed from Man City/Arsenal matches.

they get renamed to City of Manchester Stadium and Arsenal Stadium respectively for the UEFA matches

On 27/09/2016 at 23:41, Wymeswold fox said:

Did anyone notice any tourists that just 'went for the experience'?

Bit late but yes, there were plenty near me. Kept standing up to take selfies, one even borrowed someone elses toddler in her city kit to have a photo with. Constantly getting up and down, blocking the view. Really annoying but to be expected I suppose. 

On 27/09/2016 at 23:41, Wymeswold fox said:

Did anyone notice any tourists that just 'went for the experience'?

All over the place. You can usually spot them because they are generally clueless about accepted football etiquette. They turn up 5 minutes into the second half, dont wait for the ball to go out of play before getting everybody to stand up and block views just as the ball gets pinged across the 6 yard box. Wankers!

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Bit late but yes, there were plenty near me. Kept standing up to take selfies, one even borrowed someone elses toddler in her city kit to have a photo with. Constantly getting up and down, blocking the view. Really annoying but to be expected I suppose. 

One couple walked in just as we took our first corner.At no point did they look at the game until they'd took their seat near me at the top!!!

4 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

All over the place. You can usually spot them because they are generally clueless about accepted football etiquette. They turn up 5 minutes into the second half, dont wait for the ball to go out of play before getting everybody to stand up and block views just as the ball gets pinged across the 6 yard box. Wankers!

Is there such a thing as football etiquette?

I have never seen anybody wait for the ball to go out of play before moving 

Dont worry..we have planned a demonstration...

We qualify out of the group....Throw the next game against Barca,

Telling EUFA we dont like be held to Ransom,

you can tape up  what you like, ban and cover up boardings with our genuine sponsors of our club..!!

BUT..!!!  Forcing us into a no/ new or different beer policy.....enough to turn  one to drink..ffs.

we should invest in large flag like the tifos,  then unvail  them with...Banks, Shipstones, Everards,

local micro breweries. Then Melton and walkers pork pies, and the biggest for pukka balti pies..!!

Then a warning banner saying  UEFA advertising is not good for your health.

2nd hand advertising, contains toxic untruths, confusing young children and Adults.....

On 9/27/2016 at 17:58, Ashley said:

Even the Walkers advertising had to be LAYS

1 hour ago, promised land said:

No, it was a Lays sponsor as they sponsor the tournament, Walkers don't sponsor it. Same company as such but ran separately rather like Vauxhall, Opel.

It's Walkers behind them on the pre/post-match press conferences.

Lay's on the post-match interviews though

On 28/09/2016 at 00:44, Tuna said:

Utterly pathetic.

What happens if the Welsh team Airbus UK make to the champions league. Are they just 'UK'.

There's your solution then. Change the name of the team to King Power City.

Sorted!

21 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Is there such a thing as football etiquette?

I have never seen anybody wait for the ball to go out of play before moving 

We've had vastly different experiences over the last 30 years then. Most people, if they are coming back to their seat, at least in my experience, will just wait for the right moment. Am a living in a bubble..........albeit, quite a pleasant one? :unsure:

Archived